Fan Fiction / Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ Seed ❯ Beth ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I stood there terrified as I watched Mary get hung from the gallows. As I watched I thought about how Mary might feel being accused for nothing. Thinking that, I saw people just staring at Mary, some in the air cheering. Others, hiding at the thought of it. That's when I saw her, from the corner of my eye I saw a little girl trembling. Knowing she was Mary's daughter I felt sorrow for her. I decided to walk over to her to comfort her. On the way over there I thought of how many innocent people had died and who would be the next “so called witch.”
“My name is Elizabeth. I am one of the townspeople of Salem. What's your name?” I asked her with a smile on my face.
“My name is Beth.” She answered quickly and briskly walked away. That night I thought of what happened and how many people had been killed.
The next day I found myself in the middle of an accusing. “SARAH!” Beth yelled as they asked who did thus to her. It was as if she knew what they were going to say. Then she whispered to me “You will be next.” That's when I got nervous. Once I got home I wondered did Beth really mean what she said or was it all a lie. Thinking about her words, you will be next, got me tenser and tenser. By the end of the night every little noise made me flinch whether it was someone talking or just a mouse.