Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Cursed One ❯ To Knowledge and Pain ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter five: To Knowledge and Pain

the last chapter was a little longer. I thank all those who have read this.

Disclaimer: YuYu Hakusho is not mine nor will it ever be.

you should know this by now

______________________________________________

Everyo ne stares at Elyion except for Koenma. They try to imagine her as a soul-stealer and- can't. Yusuke's thoughts on the matter are, 'I don't think she could be as evil as all of the soul-theifs I've met. I mean past all the insults and suicidal behavior she seems almost sad and lost. Even if she does steal souls, didn't Koenma say that she was cursed to steal souls? It must be that she doesn't want to...'Kurama's and Kuwabara's notions were along the same lines. Hiei's, however, was very different 'I thought so. So she isn't really as human as she wished us to think. Elyion should think more about claiming being human so near youkai. But, wait maybe that's what she wanted. Hn, who knows? Though I'll keep her little secret.'

Elyion only saw the unwavering gazes, though, none of the underlying thoughts. Outraged, "So you all are so slow that you didn't figure it out? I would have gotten it at the hint of soul gems. Who else besides soul-stealers keep such things and walk, living, through Makai and Reikai? And to think I had belived you, at least, red-head to be more intelligent than the average rock head you come across. Hell, I even though you might know the meaning of my name. That would have given everything away, you had only to think for once in your meaningless life." Elyion gasps for breath after her outburst. The voice comes into her head again -not dead yet I presume? and you seemed so sure.- the voice laughs, Elyion replys -yeah, well, Chikuso you are so sure sometimes too and then you get us in trouble.- the voice, evidently Chikuso, immediatly quiets. -So Elyion would you like me to help or can you handle this? I'd be more than happy to help of course, my dear little other half.- Elyion's soul retreats deeper into her mind as she gives her answer. -yes of couse, but please don't kill them or worse, Chikuso. they might be idiots and completely blind, but they meant well.-

Elyion's body and clothes start changing. Her short black and grey hair turns completely gray with irregular red stripes; her normally dark green eyes change to neon green. Her regular clothes, a red shirt with a blue sweater and black pants, change to an overshirt of black, an undershirt of coal grey, and black cargo pants. The new person looks down at her clothes, and admires them. Even before the transformation is complete, the gang is all armed and ready to defend against any threat. Yusuke with his spirit gun, Kurama with his rose whip, Hiei with his drawn katana, and Kuwabara with his spirit sword. Koenma is hiding behind his desk. "Who are you?! What do you want?!" crys Koenma.

Chikuso is so absorbed in admiring her clothes, she doesn't exactly notice that everyone in the room is either hiding or drawing weapons on her. when Koenma shouts at her, her head jerks up and she finally notices that the people in the room have drawn weapons on her. Pretending not to notice she says "Hello everyone. You must be the ones that Elyion is mad at."

Everyone is completely thrown off by those words. Everyone but Kurama and Hiei dropped what they were holding. "How do you know that little human, witch?" Hiei demands. "Oh, Elyion is just like my little sister. Only, of course, we share a body 'cause I'm like her other half but really I'm just a lost soul she allowed to share her body. Kinda like you Red-head." points at Kurama. "So I help her out whenever she is too upset to think straight." she shrugs. "You possess her, you mean." Kurama says coldly, hands never dropping. "Is that what the Kitsune does to you? I doubt it. I'm not that different from him ... or you, for that matter." Chikuso crosses her arms and shakes her head with a sly smile on her face. Kurama wavers then drops his arm thinking 'she is right. I never thought of it like that.' Hiei, however, merely sneered and leveled his katana at Chikuso's throat, all the while trying to see into her mind with his Jagan eye, "Why, do you do this for her? I doubt very much that you care a great deal for someone who you have never seen before. She might, but then she is human and overtrusting." he said red eyes never leaving her neon ones. They pull him in and Hiei is met by something he's never seen before.

============ Chikuso's mind border =============

"Witch, where are we?! What have you done to me!?" Hiei demands, looking around wildly. "Absolutely nothing life-threatining. We're on a mind border." taps jagan eye and Hiei scowls at her "Shouldn't you know that, Jagan boy?" Hiei trys to run her through on his katana. "Can't do that, not while we're on my side, 'cause I make the rules here. Now we are going to have a nice little talk while your friends try to figure out whats happening. So what do you want to know?" Chikuso sits down on the whirling shadows. "First off, who are you? Why are you here? And who is Elyion? She must be at least part youkai, so why try to pass off as human?" Hiei sits too. "Well, like I said before I'm Chikuso, and I'm here because Elyion is pissed at you. Elyion will have to tell you that herself, provided she doesn't kill you first." Chikuso waves a hand, then sees the incredulous look on his face. Interpertating that correctly she says "Oh, don't get me wrong. Elyion's as innocent as the day is long, but there is night as well as day in everyones' heart..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When a much younger Elyion is playing outside, a dog bits her on her leg. Calmly she looks down at it and then stabs it in the heart with a sharp stick. It yelps frantically as its life-blood pours out onto the ground. Elyion's mother, hearing the sound, comes running out and picks her up then says "Elyion what did you do to that helpless dog?" Elyion simply looks at it for awhile then states in her most dispassionate voice "I killed the bad doggy. May I have something to drink?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~End Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~

"So she is a cold-blooded murderess? Doesn't seem the type." dismisses Hiei. Chikuso replies, "That is not what I said. She does not think that it is wrong to kill anything but humans. She doesn't know she isn't human. Well I think we've stayed long enough, lets go back." "How are we supposed to do that, witch?" Hiei laughs untrustingly at her. "We, just go back the way we came. My eyes, duh." points to the only source of light in that dark shadowy place. Twin windows, through which you can see a pair of red eyes glaring in at them. "Just let yourself be pulled back by your eyes, into your body." Hiei disappears and soon after so does Chikuso.

============= Back in Koenma's Office ===========

"What the hell is happening!" yells Yusuke. Koenma just looks at him. "I have no idea why any of that just happened, so don't blame me." he says. "You mean you didn't know that she was that new soul-stealer?" said Kurama. "Well did any of us know?" asks Kuwabara. "Uh, noooo ... but I'm sure we would have figured it out eventually." stuttered Yusuke, surprised at this sudden wisdom from Kuwabara (who is normally such an idiot). "No, we probably wouldn't have." goes over to Hiei and Chikuso, 'Now I wonder why they aren't moving. It doesn't seem to a spell, otherwise Hiei would have killed her long before it was done.' Kurama thinks outloud and to himself. -Very good. Though I have to wonder if you really are as perceptive as I thought. The little soul-thief was right, her name does have a special meaning.- Yoko interrupts Kurama's thoughts. -Yoko, what do want now? And what do you mean by special meaning?- Kurama sighs and circles them trying to see if anything else has happened to make them so still. -well her name is latin. It means 'The Blessed Soul-Stealer', but she probably thinks that is, at least the first part, incorrect. Given her reaction we can assume that, perhaps, Chikuso isn't just a lost soul, but her self if she wasn't cursed. After all, Chikuso Tama-Touzoku means something like 'Damned Soul-Stealer'.- Kurama's head is bent pondering the kitsune's words. Abruptly, he sees signs of life within Hiei and Chikuso.

"How the hell did you do that, witch?" Hiei says, rubbing his head because of a severe headache. "I'm a telepath. Didn't you that, or couldn't you sense it?" Chikuso says happily, unfolding her arms. Looking around and stretching, she sees Kurama trying not to look so surprised, Yusuke and Kuwabara just now noticing they were gone, and Koenma's resigned look. Listening in on Koenma she hears him thinking 'Why am I not surprised? Why must I employ such incredibly hot-headed, and moronic people? Even Kurama, for all that he seems intelligent. Who knows.' she giggles. Hiei, looking suspicious, asks "So you're a telepath. Still doesn't explain that mind border thing." Chikuso giggles again. "You were trying to get into my mind, ne? So when our eyes met you were dragged into my mind. When I let you, of course." she says, then smirks.

Everyone else is watching them fight with interest. If a fight is what it can be called. Koenma thinks 'how much do I want to bet she was listening to my thoughts earlier? alot. thats probably why she laughed.' he puts his head in his hands. Yusuke just stares at them and trys to figure out when they were so quiet, because he didn't notice that they didn't move for about five minutes.

-Chikuso, I think I'm ready to come back.- whispers a more subdued Elyion. -You sure, little dear one? I'm in no rush, I can wait until you're sure ...- Chikuso offers but is refused by Elyion with her next words, -No, I can go. Thank you for helping me; I don't know why you continue to do so, I don't deserve it.- Chikuso shakes her head at that, but just says -Okay, if you're sure ... but what are you going to do?- Elyion replies, -What I should have done instead of trying to be murdered. Find my gems, of course. With their help. I know that the gems have been wreaking havoc so I'll help them fix it.- Chikuso turns back into Elyion. "Even if I will suffer every step of the way." she whispers to low for any to hear.

_______________________________________________

Tha t one might be my longest yet. Please reveiw.