Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Bandits ❯ Chapter8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(A/N- Monty Python Fan#1. There, I remembered your name. Sorry, but my memory sucks ^_^; And I do bash the others. Irvine turns into a babbling idiot when he sees Moonbay in her pajamas, and Fiona's basically a dumb blonde. Okay, maybe I do bash Van more, but only because he reacts so well to it, and because in the TV show he has ZERO FLAWS that we know about. But I love Van. And if you read my intros, I make Bit Cloud out to be a complete moron ( I love him, too ). Hell, I only hurt the ones I love! But I'll be sure to make fun of the others more in future chapters so they're even, 'kay?)

*Alandria POV*

'Man, this place is getting boring,' I said to myself, wandering around the base. Hell, it was midnight, and there was nothing better to do. Call me crazy, but being in one place for an extended period of time just irks me. Sure, I'd only been at the base for two weeks, the food was good, and Van and Irvine were seriously yummy, but still.

"I wonder where this goes," I thought out loud as I came upon a door I hadn't seen previously. I turned the knob, and it opened. Obviously it was fair game if it wasn't locked. I went down three flights of stone stairs in very minimal light, and finally got to the bottom. And what did I find?

Jeeps! Trucks! ATVs! And my personal favorite,

"Motorcycles," I breathed, running my fingers across the glossy black paint of one of the beautiful machines. I love motorcycles. They're more fun to drive than Zoids. And easier to hot-wire. Hmmm...

It wasn't stealing if I intended to bring it back, right?

*End POV*

***

(A/N- Just for my V/F fans, I'm gonna put this in. And so Monty Python Fan #1 can leave me alone about torturing Van. (Just joking, MPF! ^_^ I love all my reviewers!)

Fiona stood on her balcony and stared off into the black night, thinking (A/N- Fiona thinks now? Usually she just states the obvious. Must be the silicone killing off her brain cells- *gets hit over the head by Van* Okay, on with the story!). Did Alandria like Van, or did she just like looking at him? But...if she did really like him...

'What if he likes her back?' Fiona thought sadly. 'What if I lose Van - MY Van - to her? How could I live without him?'

"Oh, Van..." she sighed longingly. "If only I could tell you..."

"Tell me what?" he asked. Fiona whipped around.

"I- I didn't hear you come in," she said, blushing. Van smiled. 'That angelic smile,' Fiona thought. 'He's so handsome. So perfect.'

"Yeah, you were pretty caught up in the stars," Van explained, coming to stand next to her, looking up at the sky himself. "What exactly were you looking for?"

"I'm not sure," she replied, leaning on the railing beside him.

"You know...that one constellation up there looks kinda like a Blade Liger," he stated. Fiona giggled.

"You think everything looks like a Blade Liger. You thought a cloud looked like a Blade Liger once."

"That's because it did!"

"It looked like a puppy!" Fiona argued.

"Blade Liger!"

"Puppy!"

"Blade Liger!"

"Puppy!"

"Blade Liger, Blade Liger, Blade Liger!" Van insisted, tickling her. She shrieked with laughter.

"Okay! Okay!" she panted after a few minutes. "It's a matter of opinion!"

"Thank you," he said. Fiona shot him a sidelong glance.

"Beacause it REALLY looked like a puppy."

"Oh, shut up," he laughed, wrapping an arm around her waist and making her blush. He pointed up at his previously spotted constellation. "Now THAT does look like a Blade Liger."

"Actually, it looks like you chasing Mercutio," Fiona informed.

"Hmmm...If I squint, it kinda does," Van admitted. "But it normally looks like a Blade Liger." Fiona rolled her eyes, and pointed to another constellation.

"That one looks like a horse."

"Looks more like a Command Wolf to me."

"Is there anything that doesn't look like some type of Zoid to you, Van?"

"It's unlikely," he replied. They stood in silence for a moment, then he turned her to face him. Her heart started to pound as he ran his fingers through her hair, holding her close. There wasn't a sound except for their breathing, and a motorcycle engine fading away into the distance.

"God, you're beautiful," he whispered. "You always have been." He brought her hand to his lips and began to kiss her fingertips. She closed her eyes.

"I have to tell you," she said softly. "I-I've been in love with you for the longest time. I was just afraid that if I told you, you'd-" He silenced her with a gentle kiss. She wrapped her arms around his neck, in absolute rapture. She wasn't even alarmed when he slipped his tongue into her mouth. They eventually had to break for air.

"The feeling is mutual, my love," he said. And they kissed again, and again...

(A/N- My God, how sugary can I get? Yeesh, I need a fight scene.)

***

*Alandria POV*

There is nothing like going top speed on a motorcycle in the dead of night. The freedom is indescribable. I love SpiritWind, but you just can't get that in a Zoid. On a motorcycle, it's like you're flying.

I'd driven for maybe two hours, loving every second, when something huge came into view. It didn't look like a rock formation. I stopped my ride, and rummaged through the attached pack-y thing until I found one of them big ol' military flashlights. I shined it on the thing.

"What the hell are you?" I asked the thing, which turned out to be an enormous red Zoid. Wait, I'd seen that Zoid on a picture in the base. "The Geno-Breaker? There is one LARGE bounty on you, my little darling." I looked around with my flashlight. No campfire, no sign at all of anyone being there. Pilot must have been somewhere else. "A little extra cash never did a girl any harm," I said to myself, smirking, as I climbed off my bike.

Now, hot-wiring a Zoid is more difficult than hot-wiring a motorcycle or a car, but it can be done. I just didn't have it down to an art yet. Hot-wiring a car takes, like, three seconds. And after about ten minutes, I was wishing this bad boy was a car.

"Dammit!" I hissed, as yet another attempt failed, and I ended up cutting my thick leather glove on a piece of metal. Thank God for gloves, because otherwise I would have been bleeding all over my project. If only Zoids could be hot-wired from inside the cockpit instead of outside. Then I would have had a little more light to work by. And if the wires didn't spark so much, then I could have taken that damn hot motorcycle helmet off, but one can't have everything.

And I almost had it when,

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!"

*End POV

***

*Shadow POV (Yay!)*

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" Master roared. We had come back to Master's Zoid, just to find someone trying to steal it. Master was angry. Angrier than Master usually is.

The thief turned to face Master, and cursed. I growled, and watched eagerly as Master ran up to the thief. Master and the thief threw punches at each other for a while, then the enemy's fist connected with Master's mouth. Master staggered back, his lip bleeding, and glared at his opponent.

*Raven POV (double yay!)*

That bastard made me bleed! Who was he to try and steal the Geno-Breaker, anyway? Then to have the nerve to draw blood on me? This was a blow to my pride as a warrior, not to mention the fact that it just plain pissed me off! I glared daggers at him. He was in a black suede bodysuit, with a leather jacket, boots, and gloves. I couldn't see his face because of the helmet.

He pulled out a silver cylinder, then twisted it so that it shot out into a long, thin staff. Then, to my absolute rage, he beckoned to me, licking his lips. Not only was he a thief, but now he was hitting on me? He was going down!

He blocked be with his stupid stick for a few moments, before I finally kicked it out of his hands. Then I landed a good punch to his stomach, making him double over in pain. I smirked. This was good.

Until he kicked my legs out from under me, and I fell onto the ground. My pride now severely damaged, I got back up, punched him in the ribs, and pinned his arms behind his back. The mighty Raven does not lose fights.

"Well, looks like I win, jerk," I sneered. I yanked his helmet off, and my pride disintegrated into oblivion. My Zoid had nearly been stolen, and two good blows had been landed on me...

By a girl.

I pushed her away hard, and she landed on the ground with a thud. Nevertheless, she smirked up at me.

"Surprised, sugar?" she taunted. "How does it feel when a chick makes you bleed?" I pushed my utter shame aside.

"You're in no position to be teasing anyone, you little bitch," I snarled. "In case you hadn't noticed, I am the mighty Raven."

"Oh, wow," she said, each word dripping sarcasm. "I'm just quivering with fear over here. No really, I'm absolutely terrified." She was doing everything in her power to piss me off! She was insane!

"Well, it's been fun, Mighty Raven, but I must get going," she said, getting up. "You will call, of course?"

"Shadow, get her," I commanded.

*End POV*

***

"Explain to me why I'm your little prisoner of war?"

"Because you pissed me off," Raven replied coldly. Alandria nodded.

"Ah. Hurts to get nearly beaten by a girl, doesn't it?" she teased. Raven turned around and glared at her.

"If you say anything for the rest of the trip, I will kill you."

"Really? Or is that just some more of that famous Raven bravado shining through?"

"I said I'd kill you if you spoke!"

"And you haven't yet, have you?" she challenged. Raven growled, and went back to driving the Geno-Breaker. She had him there. 'The only reason you're not dead,' he thought, 'is because you're a girl, and you're kinda pretty, and you have that low, sultry voice that I...kinda like listening to.'

"So, my dear captor, would you like to tell me where we're going?"

"No," he said. He looked back at her. She pouted and batted her eyelashes at him. He groaned. "We're going to my home. Or, what WAS my home." (A/N- I dunno if Raven's house is still standing at the very end of the series, but I know it's there when Shadow's temporarily dead, so humor me if I'm incorrect.)

"Lovely. I'm guessing we're here?" she added, as the Geno-Breaker landed in front of a building. Raven didn't respond, just opened the cockpit and jumped out. "Aren't we the polite one," Alandria muttered, flipping Raven off when, unfortunately, his back was turned, and exiting the Zoid herself. "How do you put up with this guy?" she asked Shadow.

*I dunno,* Shadow thought. It came out as a growl. Alandria petted his head. *Master doesn't pet me...*

"In," Raven ordered, once he'd gotten the door open. Alandria rolled her eyes.

"Please," she mocked, pushing past him into the house. "You could stand to learn some manners, babe. You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar." 'And I can't believe I'm quoting my mother.'

"My manners are none of your business," Raven snarled.

"They will be if I'm trapped here with you," she informed, looking around the house now that Raven had turned the lights on. It was actually pretty nice, when you got past the fact that there was dust and cobwebs everywhere. A picture on the wall caught her eye, and she went over to inspect it. There was an adorable little boy, about six years old, smiling for the camera, his big purple eyes shining.

"Aww!" Alandria said. "He's so cute! Is this kid your little brother or something?"

"No," Raven snapped. "He's me." Alandria stared at him.

"You're BSing me," she insisted, looking between the little boy in the picture, and the scowling young man leaning against the wall. "There is no way in hell that a kid that precious turned out to be you," she said.

"Why?"

"Because he's so sweet and adorable, and you're so...not." That felt like a bullet to the heart, but he covered it up.

"I'm not adorable, huh?"

"It's not that," she replied, "I mean, you're cute for an evil jerk-off, but..." She squinted at both images of Raven, her own bright lavender eyes darting from one to the other. "It's...your eyes. There was so much life in them when you were little. Now they look dead."

"Well. I'll have to keep that in mind."

(A/N- long chappie! YAY!)