Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny ❯ Je ne sais pas encore. (I don't know yet) ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chloe froze after two steps into the door. `Him! I had no idea the Bit they were talking about was him.'

"Zi to Chloe." Said Gabrielle as she looks back at her frozen sister. "Hello!"

Chloe jumps a little and turns to her sister, "Sorry, just um… remembered something."

Gabrielle and Leon looked in the direction Chloe had been staring in. The see Bit looking right back at them. Gabrielle burst out laughing. "Oh, now I see why you froze. Remembered something, yah, right."

Leon turns toward Chloe. "Why don't you talk to Bit while I finish showing Gabrielle around."

"Okay, it would take forever to see this whole base. It's huge compared to ours."

"Oh just to worn you, don't sit to close to him. My sister would kill you. She is really over protective of him."

"Chloe, there goes your whole plan, ha."

"Feh, I have more on my mind than that."

"Whatever you say. Come on Leon, you can finish shoving me around." Leon and Gabrielle walked out of the lounge while Chloe of slowly walked over and sat in the chair directly across from Bit.

"Um… Hi. Long time no kiss… I mean see. Long time no see."

"Yah, about three years. How you been doing?"

"Pretty good. Stayed in class S obviously, making pretty good money. Your self?"

"Found a team, started a new life, and got a great Zoid."

"So I've heard. I really didn't think you'd ever find a perfect partner. That's all you talked about."

"Well, you've changed Zoids I see."

"The command wolf was totaled, the Hel-Cat was chopped up by the chainsaw man, the Pteras was worthless, and I've had this Zaber Fang for about 2 months now."

"Man, that's a lot of Zoids."

"Well in Class S, your Zoids are demolished quickly. I was in class S before I met you. Gabrielle and I slowly took over our parent's team as they became too old to fight. It was about the same time I met you that they gave the team to us."

"Well when I joined the Blitz team, Leon left and Brad Hunter was still on the team. They were in Class C with a useless Zoid. It's all because of me they are where they are today. Now Leon's back and Brad went off and married Naomi Fluegal."

"Yes, I've heard about that, they are first in A right?"

"No 2nd, they still can't beat the Lightning team."

"Well they still have five months to move up to 1st. They probably will do it. It's only two people and they made it pretty far already."

"Not really. They are taking a leave of absence in a month."

"Do you know why?"

"Yes, Naomi is pregnant and Brad refuses to let her fight after 6 months. He still thinks that's too long."

"Hm. My dad was like that with my mom."

Someone's footsteps came echoing through the hall. Bit looks nervously over his shoulder. It turned out to only be Doc with two of his models. Bit lets go of his held breath and turned back to look at Chloe.

"Who you waiting for?"

"No one, really."

You lie. You answered too quickly and your voice changed pitch. You use to so that all the time."

"Umm… so…"

Diner was soon ready and nothing significant happened. After dinner and dishes everyone went to the lounge, except Leon and Gabrielle who had disappeared sometime soon after dinner. Jamie and Enoc were playing that battle game while Doc, Bit, Leena, and Chloe watched the champ team get whopped by the Tiger Team.

"Ouch, that has got to hurt." Says Chloe as Harry's Red Horn completely bursts into flames. "Is he a Zoid pilot or a clown."

"Harry is rich so he thinks money can buy good piloting skills," informs Jamie. "But he is obviously delirious."

"Who is piloting the other two Zoids?"

"Its actually two robots. Benjamin and Sebastian. His wife only likes to pilot them for fun." Says Bit, and then he looks at Leena and grins. "It's not like they love each other. They were forced to marry. Harry would lose all the family fortune if he didn't."

"Oh, but wouldn't they eventually warm up to each other?"

"Yah right! Harry is so in love with Leena he would almost do anything. He once got blown up with a whale king while waiting to go on a date with her."

"What can I say, no man can refuse my girlish charms."

"More like fatal charms," whispers Jamie to Enoc.

"Well that means you guys should have one less pilot soon." He whispers back. "It is very obvious she and Bit are going out."

"How can you tell?" Jamie whispers looking over at Bit who had Leena leaning against him. "You psychic?"

"More like psycho. I've never been too sure of my state of mind." Enoc replied jokingly.

"What are you two talking about in such hushed tones?" questioned Doc.

"Um… ha… ^_^;;" they both replied at the same time.

* * *

"I'm just worried he is lying to me. He says he doesn't know her, but he keeps eyeing her looking like he does when he looks at me right when my Zoid crashes. Just plain scared. I'm not worried about him cheating on me, but I know he is hiding something from me. What can I do?"

"Well…"

"It's not like I have done anything lately to piss him off, so why is he hiding this from me?"

"Maybe…"

"Am I not giving him enough space? Am I giving him too much space?"

"You could…"

"It's not like I can keep him away from Chloe, she lives with us right now and we can't throw them out. Leon has really taken a liking to Gabrielle. He has been down a little lately. The only girl he ever like got married to his best friend."

"He had a…"

"What am I going to do? You know you really should try and give some advice. You haven't said anything yet."

"But I…"

"Never mind. So what is with men and their secrets? It's like…"

"LEENA!"

"What?"

"Can I say more then two words before you but in? Okay let me answer your questions. There isn't anything you really can do and I don't know why he is hiding it. This is probably something to do with his past. Bit hasn't had a problem with the space you been giving him the last two months so I don't think it is that. And guys always have their secrets; even Brad still has his secrets after almost two years. Like Bit, he has never told me about his past. Actually, I don't think even his parents were told about our wedding. And next time, can I say more than a sentence?"

"I'm just worried that's all."

"And you have the right to be. You may love Bit, but he is still human."

"Yah, speaking of humans. With the break you are taking, the baby will only be a month old when you return to battle. Who's going to watch the baby?"

"I haven't decided yet, but I don't doubt Brad will be battling solo for a bit, or the other way around. I've survived as a single person team in Class C, and I don't doubt I can do it in A. Sad part is the baby will completely knock us out of the running for the top spot in Class A. What are you guys now, 17th out of 60?"

"18th, we haven't been winning lately. We just got defeated by the Rage and Wind teams.

"Hey Leena, other people have to use the phone too!"

"Geez, can't a girl talk for awhile, hold your horses. Sorry Naomi, I got to go, bye."

"Leon, why do you have to call anyone, Gabrielle is in the other room." Says Leena as she walks past.

"Ha ha, very funny." Leon replies as he picks up the phone and dials.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Okay, sorry for the wait. Two reasons, I lost the notebook and writers block. If it hadn't been for Brit, I would probably never put up the next chapter. Anyways, I promise to be getting back on track more. Today I updated both my InuYasha fic and Zoids. Oh NO the final DBZ is Monday. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO…………………R 30;…………… ^_^;;

~Amanda a.k.a. Kazk