Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Exploratory Force ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Location: Desert (about 120 miles east of the Blitz's Team Base)

01:00 Hours (1:00am) Monday May 11, 2830AD

Vincent sat in the passengers set of the Jeep, The mission is so far going without any problem, his new gundam is on the flatbed behind them covered with a sheet, and the Half-Track is to the right, the 4 mobile suits are flanking them (2 on each side). It been 3 hours since they landed, and they haven't seen anything.

"God Damn it hot," Petty Officer Third Class Drek Gon (he was in the Drivers set of the jeep)

"Yeah, but we have to keep going east until we get out of this damn desert," Vincent said.

"Hey Vincent any idea on how big this desert is," Lieutenant Junior Grade Mitch Gordon asked over the radio?

Vincent picked up the radio receiver "No idea, I guess we just have to wait and see," he said.

4 hours later 05:00 Hours (5:00am)

Vincent decided to give his team and the vehicles a brake. They set up desert camo tents to hind the vehicles, and too have a place to stay out of the hot desert sun.

"Man it feels good being in Earth-like gravity again" Vincent said.

"Yeah, that the bad thing about Military ships is that the grav generators are set to 2x Earth's gravity, but we didn't join up because we love to travel in luxury," Mitch said.

"Well I joined because of Mobile Suits, there soooo Cool," Ensign Vash Ryuzen said, as he was putting together his Mobile Suits Models.

"Man, Vash why did you bring those Models with you," Vincent asked?

"Because I haven't put these ones together, man you're lucky they gave you that cool Gundam" He replied.

"Ok whatever, Well move out in an hour," Vincent said.

"Yes Sir," everyone replied to him.

"Sir, We just got a report from the Lion's Craw, their sending a sandcrawler," Petty Officer Second Class Taylor Rosenberg said.

"A Sandcrawler, where the hell did they get a Sandcrawler," Vincent asked?

"Well, to tell the truth I have no Idea, but I think they might of put it in the one cargo bay that they have free," Taylor said.

"Well when is the ETA (estimated time of arrival)," Vincent asked?

"In about an hour," Taylor said.

"Guess he have to wait, it wouldn't be the best way to travel but it way better than traveling like this," Vincent said.

________________________________________________________________ ________

Location: The Blitz's Team Base (Bit's room)

09:00 Hours (9:00am)

Bit has just woken up, he had the dream he keep on having, ever since he met Leena, a dream where he confessed his love for Leena, and she shared them. `Give it up Bit' He thought.

He got out of bed and got dressed.

________________________________________________________________ ________

Location: Desert (About 90 miles east of the Blitz's Team Base)

09:20 Hours (9:20am)

The Light Transport turned on it cloaking device, and took off back to the Lion's Craw, Leaving the Sandcrawler behind.

"So this is what a Sandcrawler looks like," Taylor said.

"Yup, it may not be the nicest way to travel, but it is a lot better than just a jeep, a flatbed, and a Half-Track, also sleeping in tents," Vincent said.

"The good thing about this is that it has a cloaking device, but we should have the jeep out just incase someone found us on some type of radar and so when they come looking for us we just cloaked the crawler and just have the jeep, Oh yeah we have to get rid off that flatbed" Taylor said.

"I have an idea, well we should get loaded up," Vincent said.

They started loading the Mobile Suits, the Gundam, and the Half-Track; Vincent "tested" his Gundam's Double Beam Cannon on the flatbed vaporizing it.

"So that you're Idea Vincent," Taylor asked?

"Well, ummmm, yeah, I just want to see what this baby could do." Vincent said.

"Well I guess we don't have to worry about that anymore," Mitch said, Laughing a little.

"Yeah, I'll get the Gundam loaded up, and look around this Sandcrawler," Vincent said.

________________________________________________________________ ________

Location: The Blitz's Team Base (Lounge)

09:30 Hours (9:30am)

Bit walked in to the Lounge, Jamie was folding clothes, Brad was drinking coffee, and the Doc was playing with his Zoids Models.

"Hey guys where Leena," Bit asked?

"Still Sleeping, that's my guess," Brad said.

"I guess I could take one of her cookies," Bit said, exiting the lounge and walking over to kitchen.

"That not very nice Brad," Jamie said.

"What," Brad said?

________________________________________________________________ ________

Location: The Blitz's Team Base (Kitchen)

09:32 Hours (9:32am)

"Hehehe, the prefect crime," Bit said as he took one of Leena's cookies.

"BIT CLOUD, IS THAT MY COOKIE," Leena yelled?!?!

"SHIT, Hey Leena, Brad told me you were still asleep," He said, as he started to run, with Leena's cookie.

"COME BACK HERE WITH MY COOKIE," Leena yelled, chasing after him!

________________________________________________________________ ________

Location: The Blitz's Team Base (Lounge)

09:34 Hours (9:34am)

Jamie and Brad heard Leena scream. Doc was playing with his Models.

"Well looks like their flirting again," Brad said.

"Yeah, I wonder when they'll admit it," Jamie said?

"Who knows," Brad said.

"Hey what the heck," Jamie said?

"What is it Jamie," Brad asked?

"Well, it weird I was looking at the Radar last half a hour, and there was this big object that appeared out of nowhere, about 90 miles east of here, then that it started to move west then disappeared, but where it was there was an other big object not as big as before, but still big, then that disappeared, Now there's a small object, about the size of a jeep," He said.

"So, should we investigate," Brad asked?

"Hey Doc," Jamie said.

"Huh," The Doc said looking away from his models.

"Well were picking up something on Radar," Jamie said.

"Ok have Bit and Leena go out," Doc said.

As if on Cue Leena chased Bit into the room

"Hey Bit, Leena. Get your Zoids ready, your going to investigate something," Doc Said.

"What," Bit said and stops?

But Leena didn't stop and ran into Bit, knock both of them down, They both get up at the same.

"What do you mean were going out to investigate," Leena said?

"Well, There was something on Radar about 70 miles east of here, so I decided to have you go out to find out what it is. OK?" Doc said.

"Ok, we'll go out right away, but 90 miles is pretty far away, it would take at lease a day trip," Bit said.

"Ok then take some tents, and supplies," Doc said.

________________________________________________________________ ________

Location: Desert (About 90 miles east of the Blitz's Team Base) in the Sandcrawler (sleeping quarters)

09:40 Hours (9:40am)

"Man, I hate these type of room," Vincent said. (he was talking about the about 10 by 10 ft rooms that have two beds.

"And it only has five of these rooms," Taylor said.

"Yeah, Lets go check out the mess," Vincent said.

"Yes Sir," Taylor said

________________________________________________________________ ________

Location: Sandcrawler (Mess Hall)

10:00 (10:00am)

"This is beginning to like a submarine, but a bit better," Vincent said.

"Yeah, we don't have to be struck here," Mitch said.

"So who knows how to cook," Taylor asked?

"Well, I do, Vincent said.

"So our commander will be our cook," Mitch said.

"Yeah oh well, I'll cook and that an order," Vincent said.

"Ok Ok, sorry sir," Mitch said.

"So what next," Vincent asked?

"Well the control room," Taylor said.

"Ok sounds good,"

________________________________________________________________ ________

Location: Sandcrawler (Control room)

10:10 (10:10am)

The Control room is in front of the Sandcrawler, there three main control stations, A pilot's stations, a Navigator's stations, and a Comm. Stations. In addition to the main commander's seat, where Vash is sitting, Drek is standing to the right of him.

"So this is the Control room, so when will we start going," Vincent asked?

"Well Sir, We already got all the main systems up, and working on the secondary ones, Then the work on the getting this thing moving," Vash said.

"Good, I guess we should just wait," Taylor said.

________________________________________________________________ ________

Location: Desert (about 70 Miles east of the Blitz's Team Base)

13:00 (1:00 pm)

The Liger Zero and the Gunsniper were going east for about 4 hours.

"Man, Why do we have to do this" Bit said over the Comm. to Leena?

"I don't know Bit, well if the object didn't moved we should be about 20 Miles away," Leena said.

"Man, I hope so," Bit said.

________________________________________________________________ ________

Location: Sandcrawler (Mess Hall)

13:01 (1:01 pm)

Vincent and Taylor were playing poker, when Vash called them.

"Ummm, Sir I think you better come and take a look at this," Vash said over the PA.

Vincent walking over to the Intercom

"Ok, coming," he said.

________________________________________________________________ ________

Location: Sandcrawler (Control room)

13:03 (1:03pm)

Vincent walked in.

"Ok What is it, Vash," Vincent asked?

"Here it is," Vash said as he hit a button and a screen pops up with the Liger Zero and Gunsniper.

"Ummmmm, what the Hell is that, it looks like a Tiger and a dinosaur with lots of weapons on it," Vincent said.

"There coming this way too, I think we should send out the jeep," Vash said.

"Yeah, good point," Vincent said.

________________________________________________________________ ________

Location: Dessert (about 90 Miles east of the Blitz's Team Base)

13:30 (1:30pm)

The Liger Zero and Gunsniper approached the jeep that Vincent and Taylor where in. The Sandcrawler was cloaked so they couldn't see it.

Bit opened the Liger Zero's cockpit.

"Hey so what brings you out here," Vincent asked?

"Well we got reports of big objects disappearing, so we investigated," Bit Said.

Leena then opened the Gunsniper's cockpit.

"Yeah, seen anything odd," Leena asked?

"Nope, everything is alright," Vincent said.

Just then, the cloaking device of the Sandcrawler malfunctioned.

"…."

Vincent and Taylor sweatdroped

"What the Hell is that," Bit asked?

"A Sandcrawler, one second," Vincent said. As he picked up the radio receiver. "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENTED, VASH,"?

"Well sir there is a huge sandstorm coming, so you have to come in, and we have space for those two things," Vash said.

"Hey, you two there is a sandstorm coming, so you could come in to stay out of the storm," Vincent said.

"Ok, thanks, what about it Leena," Bit said?

"Well I guess we don't have any other choice," Leena said.

________________________________________________________________ ________

Location: Sandcrawler (hanger)

14:00 (2:00pm)

The Liger Zero, and Gunsniper were locked into the docking areas as well as the other mobile suits, so they wouldn't be damaged in the storm. Vincent, Bit, and Leena were standing in front of the Liger Zero.

"Ok We got reports that this would last for about a day so you'll have to spent the night here, now we only got 5 rooms with 2 beds in them but 2 of our crew are willing to give up their room," Vincent said.

"So we'll have to share a room," Bit asked?

"Well, I could order some more to give up there room, but I'm not, Well I guess I should introduced myself, I'm Lieutenant Vincent Gerhard, I'm the commanding officer of this team."

"Well I'm Bit Cloud pilot of the Liger Zero, and part of the Blitz team."

"I'm Leena Toros I pilot that gunsniper over there," Leena said.

"Hey you said you're a Lieutenant and `the commanding officer of this team', and I have never seen any zoids like this before…" Bit started to say but was cut off by Vincent

"Well I'm from a planet called Earth…" Vincent started to say but was cut off by Bit and Leena.

"EARTH?!?!"

"Yeah, you head you it," Vincent ask?

"Yeah it an ancient legend, every on the planet Zi came form Earth," Bit said.

"Well I guess that answerers why we speak the same language," Vincent said.

"Hey, I'm going to unpack where our room," Leena asked?

"Well, go to the main hall, and take a right and it's the last door on the left," Vincent said.

"Thanks," Leena said walking to the Main Hall.

"So Bit I see you like Leena very much," Vincent said.

"WHAT, How did you know, I mean no I don't," Bit said.

"Well, I'm trained to notice things that are amiss, and I can see you haven't told her you feeling.

"Yeah, you right."

"Well, Bit I think, no I know Leena shared the same feelings."

"Really? Why haven't she told me?"

"The same reason you haven't, Bit I really think you should tell her soon."

"Why?"

"Ok, Let me tell you a tail, It was about a year ago, I met the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, but I was afraid to ask her out, then one day she left the Base I was located at, and never saw her again."

"Oh I see your point, I guess I'll tell her."

________________________________________________________________ ________