Fan Fiction ❯ A bird without wings ❯ Cold ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

LiCat: a ha....here is the next chapter.....hopefully the first book of this trilogy will be finished this week.....^_^ I'm on vacation........

Kimo: *pouts* I will never get a vacation....

LiCat: *VBS* that's why I'm gonno interview a couple of muses tonight.....so you can get a new co-worker

Kimo: *teary eyed* really? You'll get me a co-worker?

LiCat: yeah really....consider it your xmas gift.........

CHAPTER 8

"No nonononononono" he fell to his knees and let one lonely tear fall down on his already soaked clothes. 'this can't be happening, not Daij no...' a voice yelled at him. He suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder and looked up at two big tear filled brown eyes.

" He is not dead is he!? Maybe he has managed to swim to a waterside." The elf looked up at the young kid. Hope, was he looking up into the face of hope? That emotion never seized to amaze him. But here hope wasn't needed. How could he have survived the waterfall? He couldn't believe it. He touched his cheeks, they were wet? Was he crying? The elf shook his head and looked down at the waterfalls again.

~*~

The little old kid squirmed in his fathers grasp as he and his mother talked to the old woman in a black robe. He didn't need The Voice to tell him that this was bad.

"So you can save him?"

"Well like I said, I can't take it away but I can strip it of it's powers over him."

"Then do it." His mom handed a little coin purse to the old lady and she grabbed a hold of the little boys collar and dragged him with her into her little cottage. Now the little kid was struggling to get out of her hold with a strength not expected from a four year old.

She whispered a few words and the little kid went stiff. Then she put him down on her bed and went over to her bookcase poking around for something. When she had found the things she was searching for she walked over to the little boy again. silent tears was rolling down his cheeks and fear was reflecting in his huge blue eyes.

"Don't worry little one, this is for the best" She pulled of his shirt, picked up a small needle and pricked one of his fingers. A voice screamed in the back of the boy mind and a headache started to scratch inside his head. The woman drew signs on his chest and forehead with his blood while whispering words in a tongue the boy hadn't heard before but strangely enough understood.

'Power of darkness, power of light
help me in my humble quest'


The boy screamed, something was ripping him to screeds inside, with his screams how odd as it may seem another voice entwined.

'Bonds of darkness bonds of light
Help me bind him'


"Help me" it was a faint scream a long way back in his head.

'Undead spirit hear my plea go to rest.
And leave this child be'


suddenly he felt numb, like something was missing. The little kid was swimming around in darkness when he heard some voices and struggled to get his eyes open. It was dark in the little room, the only light was a candle on the table. The old lady was letting his parents in.

"My little baby.." His mom cried when she spotted him and rush over. She reached him and pulled him into a warm embrace. After a few moments she let him go and looked down at him. Shadows played in the room and after a couple of minutes she noticed something that startled her a lot her son didn't have a shadow.

~*~

Pain, was the first thought that reached my fogged mind. The second was the sound of voices.

"is he dead?" I felt someone touch my wrist. That sent flashes of pain up my arm, I'm surprised I could feel anymore pain then I already did.

"almost...you think you can do anything?"

"I can try" to much pain to move, to much pain to even open my eyes. So it was really hard to focus on what, why and who. But in some strange way I felt safe and I started to drift away into the fuzzy darkness again. Until something really cold started spreading through my body. What was happening?

After a few moments I could pin point the source of the coldness to my chest. As a matter of fact, two hands on my chest. The most surprising about the whole thing was that the pain was actually fading, the cold was numbing the pain. But it was still there and the only body parts I dared to move was my eyelids.

This time it wasn't two green orbs that meet mine, but two strange looking orange ones. I zoomed out the picture and saw a very thin and tan face with shoulder long thick orange hair. after what must have been a few seconds I guess he noticed that I was awake cause I saw surprise flickering in those orange orbs. Strange he didn't notice right away, but I guess he was to concentrated at......whatever he was doing.

"Hey Foz, he's awake"

"Really?" My view shifted over to the owner of the other voice. Blonde hair shimmering in the sun and sparkling grey eyes meet mine.

"hey kid what has happened to you....do you think you can move?...we are going to take you to the temple...you need a healer...Skorpan's freeze will only help you for the moment" I heard a snigger from the one called skorpan and the hands disappeared from my chest.

"you know he can't do anything....we gotto take him to Melina but I can't think of how.....can't you contact her? Tell her to come with a cart or something" once his hands had disappeared the coldness started to fade and the pain came back. My vision got foggy again and the darkness claimed me back.

TBC-------

LiCat: and that was the end of chapter 8.........

Kimo: tsk....we could have done better....I don't like this chapter......

LiCat: ^_^ you don't like it just cause Daij and Raven are apart........

Kimo: *sigh* yeah.....

LiCat: oh and people...you can expect the other chapters to be influenced by Dungeons & Dragons....I just bought it.........me and my bro is gonno start a RPG club........

Kimo: ohohoh can I be a member?

LiCat: uhm....don't think my bro would like that.......but you could help me with my character.....my sis is gonno have a little elven girl and I'm gonno have her older brother......*G*

Kimo: ^_^ okay....come one let's go.....

Kimo & LiCat: *walks away to find Silencer & Catin*