Fan Fiction ❯ A Raven's Cry ❯ Plans Are Made... ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A Raven's Cry

Chapter 13

Beastboy found himself seated at one end of a rather large table. Raven sat next to him, and across from her sat her adoptive mother, Jasmine. In the last two hours they had recounted the high lights of Raven's four years spent in Jump City, but had avoided the topic of their engagement altogether, but Jasmine soon forced the topic on them, "After all these years, why did you come home?"
Raven leaned back in her chair, her finger lightly brushing over the gemstone that she wore. "Beastboy wanted to come, he wanted to see where I grew up."
"Oh?" Raven held her hand up, showing her ring to her mother. Jasmine's eyes widened as she leaned forward, studying the ring. "I see." She smiled as she leaned back, "Congratulations honey." Tears filled her eyes, "My baby left and came back an adult."
"Mom, cut it out." Beastboy sat by uncomfortably.
"Where are you two planning on holding it?"
Before Raven could say anything, Beastboy answered, "We were thinking about holding it here." he caught Raven's cringe out of the corner of his eye.
Raven's mother stood, "Wonderful. I'll be right back." She nearly ran from the room.
Raven patted Beastboy on the knee, "Now you've done it."
"What do you mean?"
"You know how you didn't want to wait long for a wedding?"
"Yeah."
"They don't believe in delaying weddings here, at all."
Raven's mother walked in carrying a large leather bound volume. She dropped it on the table and flipped it open to a calander. "Tommorow we are having a memorial service for those who died in Trigon's attack."
"That's tommorow?"
Jasmine looked up. "Yes. Do you want to come, it might do you some good."
"I... I don't know."
Beastboy dropped his hand onto Raven's and gave it a reassuting squeeze, "I'll go with you, if you want to go."
Raven took a deep breath before nodding, "Sure."
"I've already contacted the tailor, the florist, the baker..."
"What already? How'd you do it so fast?" Beastboy asked in amazement.
"You don't get to my position without learning how to organize things quickly. It helps that most people in Azerath can at least recieve psychic messages. The tailor's already on his way here to take your measurements, the baker's already started on a cake, caterer's planning the meal. So, how's day after tommorow?"
Beastboy looked at Raven, almost panicking, "I guess, we need to get someone to watch the tower, though." He looked at Raven for help.
"I don't have a problem with it. We can probably fly someone in from Titans East. Are you okay with having it this soon?"
"Yeah, it's just kind of a shock, but I'm glad we're not waiting."
Jasmine stood, "Then it's settled. You two don't worry about the arrangements, I'll handle everything." There was a knock on the door. "That's the tailor, I'll be right back." She was out of the room in a flash.
"Are you sure you're okay with this, Beastboy?"
Beastboy turned to face Raven and ran a finger along her jaw as he smiled at her, "I've never been more sure."

--------------------

Beastboy and Raven arrived back at the tower late. When they appeared in the commons area, the room was lit by a single computer console. Robin's face was illuminated in the wan light. "I was wondering when you two were getting back."
"Hey, Rob." Beastboy said, as he walked over and peered over Robin's shoulder, "What's up?"
"Nothing much, just going over some old data." He looked up and caught Beastboy's grin, further in the shadows he saw a similar grin on Raven. "What's up?"
"We're getting married!" Beastboy almost shouted in the otherwise quiet room.
"I know that." He looked, with confusion on his face, to Raven, "Something happen in Azerath?"
"I introduced him to my mom, and he mentioned getting married in Azerath."
"So?"
Beastboy put an arm around Raven's waist and pulled her to his side, "The weddings day after tomorrow." He glanced at the clock, "Make that tomorrow!" He started to pull Raven toward the hall, "We've got to go get ready!"
"See you, Robin!" Raven yelled as she was pulled out of the room. After a moment, Raven's head popped back into the room, "Could you get someone to watch the tower, everybody here's invited."
"Will do."
Beastboy and Raven walked to her room and stood outside her door. "What am I goin' to need for this, Rae?"
"Do you like camping?"
"Yeah, of course I like camping."
"Good. It's tradition that after the wedding, the newlyweds go on a trip."
"Honey moon?"
"Pretty much. About a two days walk from town is a cabin that was supposed to have been built back when Azerath was founded. We get to live there for as long as we want."
"That sounds like a good honey moon." He leaned in and gave Raven a quick kiss, "We've got a long day tomorrow, so you'd better get some rest."
"You too." Raven slid her door open and stepped in.
As the door slid closed, Beastboy's hand shot out and stopped it, "Sweet dreams, love."
"Thanks."
Converting /tmp/php2tm6VU to /dev/stdout