Fan Fiction ❯ A Raven's Cry ❯ Meeting... ( Chapter 34 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Raven's Cry

Chapter 34

"I know what attacked us."
The titans waited expectantly for her answer, "What was it?" Robin asked.
"I'll tell you as soon as I have a chance to make sure I'm right."
"Ah, come on." Cyborg said, "Can't you tell us your suspicions."
"Nope. I want to move to the common room, and I want Gar to get me the Infernal Bestiary off the top shelf in our room. Then I'll tell."
"You won't tell?"
"Not until I'm out of this room, no."
Cyborg shook his head, "I'll only let you go if you finish that glass of juice."
She looked down at the half full glass in her hand, "I hate orange juice."
"Too bad."
Raven heaved a disgusted sigh as she guzzled the remaining orange juice. "Now," she said as she stood on wobbly legs, "I will go lie down on the couch, Gar, please get me the book I asked for." She pushed off the offered support from both Gar and Cyborg, "I can walk on my own."

--------------------

Beastboy looked over Raven's shoulder into the worn pages of the book that she held. On one page was a detailed drawing of the beast that had attacked earlier. The other page was covered with strange runes.
"Well?" Robin asked, growing impatient.
Cyborg finished taping a piece of card board over the jagged hole in the window before he walked over and sat heavily on the other end of the couch, "Yeah, Rae, what are we up against."
"A lychen." She looked up and met the blank stares of the team, "Lycanthropy, werewolves."
The team stared at her again, this time in shock. Robin was the first to break the silence, "Then Beas... Um, Gar turns into a werewolf."
"Yeah." Raven answered.
"Dude! That's awesome!" Gar shouted with a grin.
“It mean’s that you’re probably going to be our best fighter right now.”
“Huh?”
Raven shook her head, “Your claws act like silver to them, just like they did to that other werewolf.”
“Oh. Maybe we can get him to join.”
"Not likely, he's got good reason to hate me."
"What reason?"
"Werewolves were created by demon kind. They were created as slaves for the lowest class of demons, vampires."
"So, they don't like vampires."
"Or demons."
"But you didn't have anything to do with it." Gar said.
"Doesn't matter, he hates me because of my father."
"How do we stop it from getting into the tower?" Cyborg asked.
"I don't know, I nee..." She was interrupted when the main screen turned on.
Slade seemed to glare down at them from the main screen, "Titans."
Robin shook his head, "Slade, as much as I want to take you down, we don't have the time right now."
"I know that you have a lot on your mind. That is why I wish to have a peaceful meeting, just the four active Titans, and me."
Robin's gaze settled on Raven, "Do you think it'll come back?"
"No, Gar tore it up pretty badly, it won't try anything until it's healed."
Robin nodded, ""Where?"

--------------------

The four titans arrived at the meeting place that Slade chose, one of the many abandoned warehouses that seemed to litter the city. Robin splintered the old rotten door with a kick, allowing the titans to step in. Inside they saw Slade in the far end of the room, facing away from them. Before any of the others could stop him, Robin had darted forward and given Slade a vicious kick that caved in the side of his head amid a shower of sparks.
"Robin, I asked for a peaceful meeting." Slade stepped out of some deep shadows, his arms folded across his chest, "I meant what I said, while this meeting continues, you are in no danger."
"Why was the sladebot here?"
"Because I know you, Robin. I knew you would not be able to stop yourself." Slade gestured expansively at a large table, "If you would like to have a seat, we can begin our discussion."
The titans took four seats across the table from Slade. After he had sat, he spoke. "This city is facing a bigger threat than me. It seems that it has spread further than our petty war."
"Petty?" Robin's fists clenched.
"Petty. Compared to the threat this city face, yes." Slade leaned back in his chair, "I have a proposition for you, Robin."
"What?"
"A treaty, a temporary cease fire."
Robin nodded, "Fine, stop attacking the city and we won't hunt you down for now." Robin stood to go.
"That's not all, Robin. There is more that we have to offer each other. This threat, is bigger than either of us, more powerful."
"We don't need your help."
"Normally, you would be right. The justice league would step in and offer help, probably take control of the situation. Unfortunately, they don't know what's happening. They won't send help until they have a better idea of what is happening in within this dome."
"What are you suggesting, Slade? Because it can't be what it sounds like."
"Oh it is, my dear boy. We must pool our resources and abilities. Your tower is an excellent base of operations that can hold..."
"No way are you getting into the tower." This came from Gar, "There's no way I'm going to see you anywhere near my wife."
"Gar, stand down." Gar turned and stared into Robin mask, "Please tell me you're not considering allowing him..."
"Stand down, Gar."

A/N: Updates may get iffy, um, iffier. I'm back at college now, so I don't know yet if I'll have enough time to get a chapter done so often.