Fan Fiction ❯ Acception or Rejection ❯ Bad Dreams and Confessions ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Acception or Rejection Ch. 3

Kyle's POV

Yep those two had something. Something special that a lot of people don't have especially in this day and age. I watched on as Scott kissed my nephew on the hair. I just hoped his parents and brother would be accepting of him. Kevin never really had any friends and when it came right down to it his family was the only real thing he had. All grandparents dead and me being his only uncle, no aunts, and me not likely to have any children so no cousins. Now Scott.

I didn't really like Scott the first time I saw him. I had thought of him as Heath had but I soon realized the night I had played 20 questions that Scott really did care for my nephew. I couldn't stand the fact that Heath treated them way he did. Heath had been overprotective from the start. His parents thinking it healthy for Heath to have an interest in the younger boy left it as it was. I had noticed long before that it would cause problems but I didn't think that it would be this bad.

I also wondered how he would take to his little brother being gay. Heath wasn't really against homosexuality but he had had a bit of a run in with a gay guy when he was younger leaving him a bit prejudice against them. Having some guy fondle you when you're six years old well I think I'd probably be straighter than a line. Although nothing had happened except some through clothes touching well it still is a bit unsettling.

I wondered if Heath would take it badly. I was certain that he wouldn't just take it and live with it. I knew there was going to be a reaction and probably not a good one. I sighed and left the window. I heard a bit of yelling. Mr. and Mrs. Lancaster were scolding there eldest son.

`How dare you…' and `He's our guest…' plus, a little `He probably thinks the worst of us now…' and just a dash of `That's Kevin's friend…' I shook my head. Heath didn't care if he was Mother Teresa's son. He felt he had an obligation to care for his little brother. Unfortunately, sometimes he didn't do it right.

I heard the duo step in again and come to the kitchen table. "Mr. Lancaster now that you know how…irresponsible I am I will willingly leave your home should you wish it." Scott said. Scott was smart. He wasn't going to stick around where he wasn't wanted. My brother in law looked to the boy.

"No. Actually Scott I like you a lot. I apologize for my son's actions. That's your life. The only way I could truly interfere with that is if I were planning on helping you. I just hope you will stay. I mean our family has been rather rude to you if you stay you shall surprise me."

"I like it here Mr. Lancaster I don't want to leave." Bud smiled.

"What did I tell you about calling me that? I'm not that old." Everyone except Heath enjoyed a small laugh. Heath glared daggers at Scott. This definitely was not good. To tell the truth I didn't really trust Heath.

Scott's POV

I flew from my bed. Looking over at Kevin I saw he too was sitting up in bed sweating and panting. His eyes were wide and he looked pale. I got up and sat beside him. I touched his shoulder and he jumped and then looked at me. He grabbed me around the neck and held on tight. I wrapped my arms around him and said, "What's wrong Kevin?" It wasn't the first time we had been woken up like this but usually I was the one with the bad dream. Usually I would stir without bothering Kevin and then go back to sleep. But Kevin was wide awake and something had shaken him badly.

"It was horrible Scott. You were lying on the floor in the dark with blood and cuts all over your body. I was laying right there beside you with light shining around me but I couldn't move. I could just stare at you. Then you turned to me and started crying. You said sorry smiled and then died. That's when I woke up." His body shook and I felt a wetness fall on my shoulder. It had just been yesterday night that he been crying and now he was crying again. My little Kevin. I hated to see him cry it always made me so sad.

"Shh…shh…it's alright. Nothing like that is going to happen. I promise." He cried like that until he fell asleep again and then I laid him down. Kissed his forehead and went back to sleep myself.

Next morning Kevin looked like haggard so I told him to go back to sleep I would save a plate of breakfast for him and tell his family that he had had a hard night. He nodded and then lay back down. I exited the bedroom to head to the bathroom. I was stopped by Kyle. "Where's Kevin?" He asked.

"I told him to go back to sleep. He had a hard night." Kyle gave me a look that I understood perfectly. "Not that kind of night. He had a bad dream. It bothered him." He nodded and then went downstairs. I headed towards the bathroom which was taken. I sighed leaning against the wall.

After awhile I heard the toilet flush and Heath came out. He walked past me without a word and without even a glance. I raised an eyebrow but had nothing to say. I entered the bathroom and turned on the water. I placed my comb underneath and started to come my hair. After a few more morning rituals I was pulling my hair back to tie it. Today just seemed one of those days were I wanted it out of my face.

I looked to the corner of my eye and jumped. There standing by the door was Heath. I stared at him and asked, "How long have you been standing there?" I asked.

"Long enough to realize you preen yourself like a girl." I grimaced at his remark. I knew that I tried to take extra care in how I looked but I didn't think that I preened.

"At least I don't look like most guys just spit-shined their hair back and threw on the first set of clothes they found on the floor." He did a nod that meant true.

"Guess you're right there. Look I came to apologize for last night."

"Your parents are going to throw you out if you don't huh?"

"Sort of. To tell the truth I thought about it a lot last night and I decided that was I did was cold. I still don't trust you. No, but I do realize that if you were a bad influence on my little brother then he wouldn't have said what he did when we were in the mall. He certainly wouldn't have admitted that you had bad habits. He would be trying to cover that up."

"Why don't you trust me?" I asked him.

"Because you're hiding something from me. Don't try to deny it. I don't know if it's something wrong but I do know there's a secret."

"There is a secret but not something I can tell you. Not yet anyways. You'll know sooner or later. Promise." I finished tying my hair and stood at the door. He moved out of my way and I passed him.

Somehow, someway we had realized that we had an understanding. A respect that said he wasn't going to try and get me thrown out anymore and I was going to try and be more understanding to him. He was an older brother and he wanted to protect him and make sure he didn't screw up like a lot of kids did.

I went back into Kevin's room and sat down on the bed. I stuck a hand into the dresser and pulled out some socks. Pulling them on I put a hand under my bed. Finding my shoes I put them on and stood up. I left the room and went downstairs. I sat down at the kitchen table. Mrs. Lancaster was bopping around the kitchen. "Good morning Scott. Where's Kevin?" She asked.

"Morning. He stayed in bed. He had a rough night, little sleep." I told her. She nodded and the day progressed.

Dharma's POV

It was late afternoon and the boys had gone out. I decided now was a good time to speak to my husband. I sat down with him on the couch in the living room. "Bud I need to talk to you." I told him. He took the remote and turned off the TV.

"What is it Dharma?" He said.

"We haven't talked about Kevin since Kyle told us about what he may be." He nodded.

"Well to tell the truth Dharma I'm not sure what we should do. I mean Kyle makes a good point. Anger does disappear after awhile." He said to me. "What do you think about it?" He asked.

"Only regret I would have is that I wouldn't have any grandchildren." She said. "And you?" I asked him.

"I'd be a bit shocked and I would have to get used to it of course but it doesn't bother me. I mean he's still my son and it doesn't matter who he loves." I nodded. Besides they could still adopt children should they choose when they were older.

Scott was a good boy. I liked him a lot. He seemed to have done some bad things but he probably had a reason. It was easy to tell that Scott wasn't like our family and from what little I had heard about him his family had problems. We needed to talk to them.

"Bud I think we should talk to those two. I don't want Kevin lying to me for years about why he doesn't have a girlfriend or why he doesn't have children. He shouldn't have to lie about who he loves because he's scared of me or you. Besides if he is gay well Scott seems like a nice addition to the family."

"I agree Dharma tonight. After dinner we'll ask to speak with them alone." Bud said I smiled and nodded. The decision was finale.

Bud's POV

My son…gay? Could it be? It didn't bother me or anything but I certainly did surprise me. My son had always seem so ideal. I knew sooner or later he would be abnormal or would disappoint us but I didn't think it would be like this. I loved my sons more than anything and to know that one was gay didn't really bother me. To say I didn't love my son just because he had feelings for Scott well I would be a hypocrite.

I remember when I was little I was always telling my sons everyone is equal but some people didn't realize it. I said it didn't matter your race or age or sex. At that time I didn't think it wise to include the fact that some men and women loved the same sex. Well soon they were far to old for little children talks and it was kind of past the treat people as you wish to be treated stage.

Guess it didn't matter now. At least not for Kevin. Heath though probably was going to be a problem. A friend of mine had turned out to be not such a good guy like I thought. My friend, Robert, had asked me to go bowling. I had been watching Heath that night and had decided a night out with the guys would be good for him. When I went to go get something for us to eat I had asked Robert to take Heath to the bathroom. Big mistake. I went to the bathroom when I thought it had been far too long. What I found was Robert was fondling my son. I had reported him and he had been arrested.

It was no wonder that Heath was straighter than a line. Heath didn't out right reject homosexuality but it certainly Kevin being gay wouldn't be his favorite thing to hear. That'd be one hell of a conversation. Brother I need to tell you something. You see I'm gay. Yeah that would go over great. Make the bond stronger. It wasn't going to be too much. Dinner was almost over.

Kevin's POV

"Kyle, Heath could you do us a favor and leave. Bud and I would like to speak with Scott and Kevin in private." My mother said. If you hadn't noticed yet our family was pretty much a matriarchal home. My uncle and brother stood and exited the room.

"Could you two join us in the living room?" My father asked and we followed them to the living room. I sat beside Scott on the bed. My mother and father stood before us.

"What is this all about?" I asked. My parents looked at us calculating. "Mom, dad is something wrong?"

"No, Kevin it's just…um…"My father was searching for words.

"Oh Kevin I'm just going to throw it out there and stop beating around the bush. Are you gay?" I sat there shocked. Scott reached over and grabbed my hand. It was his silent way of saying it's time.

My feet suddenly became extremely interesting as I said, "Yes, mother. I'm… gay. In fact, Scott is my boyfriend." My father and mother looked to Scott. He stared both of them in eye. He intertwined his fingers with mine and whispered into my ear, "Look up. You can not be scared to be who you are." I nodded and slowly raised my head. I was surprised to see my mother smiling at us and my father with a good natured look in his face.

"I'm so glad that we've figured this all out." She kissed my forehead. "Honey you should know by now that we would love you no matter who went out with."

"I'm sorry mom it's just I thought that…I don't know what I thought."

"It's alright son we understand."

"But we have some important questions for you two." More questions? That's all I had been doing since I got back. "Have you sleep with each other yet?" Scott rolled his eyes.

"No we haven't." He said. "Your son is still a virgin."

"You?" My father asked.

"No, he is not." I said. I didn't know to who or how Scott had lost his virginity. He had never really talked about it but he had said that I should know that he wasn't a virgin when we had pronounced feelings for each other.

"Do you know if…"

Scott cut my mother off. "I don't have an STD. I got myself checked out. I don't have any children either. I don't think he was even capable of having children." So it was a he.

"Oh…Does anyone know?"

"Besides my entire school and uncle no. Well there is Lina but that doesn't matter."

"Well don't I feel out of the loop. Well now that we know I think it a good idea to tell your brother." We stood up and headed for the stairs. This was going to be fun.

Scott's POV

We went up to the guest bedroom where I knocked upon the door. Kevin's uncle answered.

"Uncle please my brother and I have something to chat on." Kevin asked. Kyle sighed.

"Alright but I'm taking your room." He grumbled. We entered to Heath lying on his back on his bed staring at the ceiling.

"Can I help you?" He asked.

"Um Heath we need to talk." Kevin said. "Or well there's something you need to know about me and Scott." This wasn't getting anywhere fast.

"What?" Heath asked. Kevin started mumbling um and I and we pausing and starting again.

"Heath you know that secret we were talking about this morning." He nodded. "Well here it is. Your little brother is my boyfriend. We're gay." He stared at us for a moment and then said, "Huh?"

"Maybe this will clear everything up." I took Kevin's chin in hand and kissed him deeply. If that didn't through to Heath I didn't know what would.

I pulled away from Scott and we stared into each others eyes for a minute before, "OH MY GOD! Kevin you're gay?" He yelled. Kevin nodded staring him in the eye. Heath stood up and walked towards his little brother. SMACK! Heath had smacked his little brother across the face.

I ran him into the wall. I was about to slam my fist into his face when I felt a hand on my arm.

"NO Scott please don't. Please." He said. I stared at him for a moment and then let go with a sigh.

"Thought that was what you would do. I wanted to know if you would actually care for him. Look little brother I love you. I'm not against what you're doing. Love who you want to love just do me a favor and save your kissing for when I'm not around." We laughed.

Later that night still Scott's POV

I certainly was thirsty. It hadn't been a few hours ago when we had had our little talk with Heath. I was in the kitchen looking through the fridge. I stood up with a carton of milk in hand. I jumped to find Dharma standing beside me.

"Sorry dear didn't mean to startle you." She said.

"No problem." I sat down at the table and got out a glass from the cabinet. Mrs. Lancaster sat at the table with a glass of water.

"Scott dear why are you awake?"

"Can't sleep." I told her. She nodded. "You?"

"The same." I sat down after pouring the milk in the glass. It was strange to be sitting here with my boyfriend's mother in the dark. "Scott dear it's probably none of my business but how old were you when you lost your virginity?" She asked. I choked on the mouthful of milk I was about to swallow.

When I finished coughing and spluttering I said, "I was…16."

"Why? Were you with someone you cared about?" She asked.

I leaned back in my chair. "No. In all honesty we were lustful teenagers. We screwed up. I had gone to a party, got drunk, and found myself beside a naked body the next morning."

"Oh. Sorry but I just have to know why is there such bad blood between you and your father?" I grimaced.

"I think it's because he never really wanted me. Him and my mother had a fling. My mother apparently didn't want me either because she left me on his doorstep."

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that." I shrugged.

"That's the past. Kevin says that the past doesn't matter anymore. I sure hope he's right. Well I'd love to stay and chat with you but I am tired. Goodnight."

"Goodnight Scott."

Alright that too was pretty short. Well what do you think? I don't have much to say just review pretty please. =) Do a hard working girl a favor and review. Well it's 1 in da morning and I have school tomorrow so goodbye.