Fan Fiction ❯ Arezue: Desire ❯ Just Agonizing... ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own nothing that you recognize…I do own Arezue though.
 
Dedication: I promised it'd be to my first reviewer, so to PrEpPyGiRl67.
 
I know some people had questions as to whether you'd have actual information on Arezue and on her life with Angel and such. But yes, they will all be answered. Maybe not all in this chapter, but sometime in the story.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Arezue sat on the bed, knees drawn up to her chest. She'd called him today. She'd actually called the man she' d sworn she'd never so much as talk to again.
 
But she needed his help. He probably wouldn't come through for her though - he never had in the past. Sure, there were those few occasions, but those seemed to occur only when he didn't have some leggy whore to keep him occupied.
 
Her father. Her sire. What a laugh. She struggled to keep from crying. He'd treated her like crap her entire existence, getting drunk and telling her what a mistake he'd been. He wouldn't have even bothered to give her another glance if his parents hadn't forced him to. He hadn't been that bad to her after he'd vamped her - but the moment they'd been cursed, his hatred of her had seemed to return in full swing.
 
Then he'd left her. He'd left her in the streets of Romania to dust - if Darla and Spike hadn't taken care of her - she probably would be dust now. She reached over to the dressing table and pulled an old worn picture out of her purse. Angelus had insisted they get a family portrait done the minute photographs had come out.
 
Angelus, Darla, Penn, Drusilla, William and herself draped on a couch. She remembered - Penn had come back, asking for forgiveness, and Angelus had figured that Spike, William back then, might learn something from the older vampire. It had been one of their better years.
 
A tear slipped down her face as she ran her fingers over the Angel's face. She smiled at the distant memory of the way he'd pulled her into his lap and kissed her. He'd cared about her then - not loved - she wasn't too sure about the love thing - or at least the demon in him had cared her - if that made any sense at all.
 
She wiped the tears from her eyes and turned to face the phone. She would have to leave this place soon - she couldn't be too careful with them following her and all. She should call him now. And it wasn't like he'd be asleep at this time - it was only 2:00 and no vampire would be asleep at this time. Soul or no soul - she'd accepted herself as a vampire a long time ago.
 
Shaking the thoughts from her head, she picked up the phone and began to dial. Hopefully he'd be home this time.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
I know nothing happened in this chapter but I wanted to set up Arezue's character and just give a little background on her relationship with Angel and her vampiric nature. She has a soul, but unlike Angel she's pretty much accepted that she's a monster and that she's done a lot of horrific things in her time. I know everyone's wondering who “they” are, but you'll find out soon enough. Leave me a comment on your way out.
 
SS4EVA