Fan Fiction ❯ Beyond the Years ❯ Memories Away ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own Thundercats, the song or anything that can make me money. Don't try to sue me, `cause you'll get nothing. I don't really have anything. They may be out of character, but oh well. I chose to write this story and they will seem out of character since I haven't watched ThunderCats in years. The only ones I own are Jaguara, Banglador, Snarfette, and Malison. Please read and review!

~*~

<I>

"Come on Lion-o! I know you can do it!" yelled a young voice to her playmate. A young boy, no more than seven, of wild red hair came bounding into view panting hard as he reached his goal. The old Catenae tree had been around Thundara since the Eternal moon had last appeared. A young girl the same age as Lion-o giggled as he performed a comic victory salute while gasping for air. Lion-o smiled at her, grateful that there was someone his own age to play with. The ThunderCats were too old to play and the Thunder kittens were too young. The young girl, now to his left, was the perfect age to play with. He laughed as a sudden warm wind blew her long brown and black hair into her face. Her yellow-brown eyes gleamed as the same wind knocked it out of her eyes, but unfortunately, into her mouth. She spat her hair out of her mouth as her nose wrinkled in disgust.

"That was fun Jaguara, but we should be heading back to Cat's Lair. Snarf and Snarfette will be furious that we were gone so long." The young girl, Jaguara, nodded in agreement, thinking of how Snarfette was furious last time they were gone for such a long time.

"My father will be waiting to give us our lessons, too," Jaguara thought out loud, then grew a smile across her face, "I'll race you back Liono!" She took off running towards Cat's Lair, Lion-o giving a yelp of protest before shooting off after her. He continued to run after her, voicing his opinion of the run until she was out of sight. Sighing, the young lord of the ThunderCats tried to run faster, but instead slowed down to a walk. `One of these days,' he thought, `I'm going to beat her.' He smiled as he visualized his winning victory, but the vision was cut short as a loud scream from Jaguara sounded ahead of him. Picking up speed, he raced towards the sound, realizing a moment later that Cheetara and Jaga had caught up with him from an unknown location. They quickly sped past him in their rush to save the young girl from whatever caused her to scream. Jaga was visibly upset and that scared the poor boy even more, even though Liono knew Jaga was only scared for his daughter's life.

As Lion-o reached the scene, he cried out to Jaguara, knowing it was too late. Her unknown captor was already too far-gone to be stopped from stealing her. From the captor's green arm, Jaguara gave one last shout before the pain inflicted forced her into sleep. A small tear rolled from her closed eye…

</I>

~*~

Lion-o sat up in a cold sweat, already trying to banish the images from his mind. Panting hard, he calmed himself down before he sorted out his thoughts. He was no longer a boy of seven, but a man of 25 who had grown strong and brave. When he had calmed down, a transparent man appeared in front of his bed, as suddenly as he awoke from his dream. The man was Jaga, Jaguara's father and Liono's mentor that had passed away on the journey to Third Earth, but stayed with Liono in sprit.

"Lion-o, I bring you news. There are other ThunderCats out there. You must start to look for them."

"But Jaga, how do I find these new ThunderCats and how many are there?"

"You will know when you find them. Use the magic cloth and the sword of Omens to aid you. Have Cheetara search for them. Look in the past. Remember I will always be with you, Lion-o."

~*~

Jaga smiled. His daughter would soon be reunited with the ThunderCats and the peace talks could begin. The ThunderCats and the Moon Thundarians would be one.

~*~

In a cavern home located on the other side of the Desert of Shining Sands, a young woman also of 25 sat up straight, her long black and brown hair jolted into place as her yellow-brown eyes scanned the small room, looking for attackers. Her sharp ears perked up as a small whimper came from the other room. She sighed before getting out of bed, her slender body moving easily, and jogging into the other room where two young Thunder-kittens woke up to the storm, the thunder outside frightening them to their wits end. The Thunder-kittens were sitting up; both slightly whimpering when one suddenly bolted towards the dark haired female as another clap of thunder shook the small dwelling. The young child buried herself in the woman's leg, her brown spotted-blond hair covering the rest of her head. Though she was only three, she in all honestly looked to be of the Cheetah species on Old Thundara. The other child, though still in bed, gave out an involuntary shiver, forcing his white and blue fur to stand up straight. Despite his nine-year head start over the younger girl, at times it was hard to remember that he was twelve when you look into his ice blue eyes.

"Jagger, the sound is scary!" Cried the child before turning her now red and brown eyes at the woman.

"I agree with Malison on this one, Jaguara! That last one was close!" The white child yelled from his perch on the edge of the bed. Jaguara smiled warmly at her two young charges, both which she adopted since she had been taken from Old Thundara. She gave an involuntary shudder, not from the thunder that chose then to sound, but from the memory of her seventh year. She smiled again before picking up Malison and walking over to the bed that had the other child.

"Why don't I sing you two a song? Would you like to hear a song I knew a long time ago?"

"Yeah!" came Malison's cry.

"What about you Banglador?"

The kitten smiled for the first time that night. "I'd like that a lot, Jaguara."

Jaguara began to sing a song from when she was a Thunder-cub, one that a certain redheaded boy would join in on his instrument as she fingered her necklace, like she did now.

<I>I wanted to be like you
I wanted everything
So I tried to be like you
And I got swept away

I didn't know that it was so cold
And you needed someone to show you the way
So I took your hand and we figured out
That when the tide comes I'd take you away

If you want to
I can save you
I can take you away from here
So lonely inside
So busy out there
And all you wanted was somebody who cares

I'm sinking slowly
So hurry hold me
Your hand is all I have to keep me hanging on
Please can you tell me
So I can finally see
Where you go when you're gone

If you want to
I can save you
I can take you away from here
So lonely inside
So busy out there
And all you wanted was somebody who cares

All you wanted was somebody who cares
If you need me you know I'll be there
Oh, yeah

If you want to
I can save you
I can take you away from here
So lonely inside
So busy out there
And all you wanted was somebody who cares

Please can you tell me
So I can finally see
Where you go when you're gone </I>

Jaguara smiled again as she looked down at the two sleeping children. Easing off the bed, the young woman slid Malison into her own bed with a kiss to the young girl's forehead and another to the boy's as she lifted the covers to his neck. Quietly, Jaguara slipped out of the small room and closed the door. Sighing she turned around, only to be stopped by a questioning glare from a female snarf, one who had been taken shortly after Jaguara and before the ThunderCats could return to Cat's Lair.

"Jaguara, what are you doing up?" the old snarf's eyes softened as she answered her own question. "You had a dream, didn't you? One like your father's…that is why you're up and have tended to the children before they had even started to cry…" She looked up at her own charge, which was now a young woman, and gave "the look" that all mother figures manage to give to their own charges. Jaguara sighed. "You see Snarfette, it was like this…"

~*End of Chapter 1*~

Well how was my first story? How did you like it? Good? Bad? Any suggestions? Comments? Ideas as to how this story should go? *Winces* Flames? Please be nice…