Fan Fiction ❯ Beyond the Years ❯ To Help and to Search ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yay! A new chapter! Tell me what you think! Again I don't own anything thing except MY characters

~*Chapter 2*~

"So there are other ThunderCats? Where are they?" Questioned Tygra, as he leaned forwards in his chair at the meeting, wondering if there were honestly more ThunderCats and if so, what would they be like? Cat's Lair wasn't designed to hold so many. He should know. He designed Cat's Lair, the Tower of Omens and the new Lair on New Thundara. The other ThunderCats mirrored his suspicions and wonderment at the possibility of more ThunderCats. Sure, they knew that there were hundreds or maybe even thousands of Thundarians still out there, but ThunderCats? It seemed impossible, but if Jaga said that there were other ThunderCats, then there were other ThunderCats.

"Are you sure that's what Jaga said, Lion-o? It seems odd that there are other ThunderCats…"

"That's what Jaga said, Panthro." Replied Lion-o, his jaw line firm to emphasize what he said before he turned toward Cheetara. "Cheetara do you think this has anything to do with my dream? The one about the Thundarian girl."

"It's a possibility, Lion-o, not a strong one, but it's possible that she survived and is one of the ThunderCats we are searching for."

"Thundarian girl? What Thundarian girl? And what do you mean it's a possibility that she survived?" asked Pumyra, obviously startled by such a twist in topic.

"The Thundarian girl is…was Lion-o's playmate on Old Thundara. She had a nursemaid as well, named Snarfette, because she was Jaga's daughter. Snarf. She was such a sweet girl………always doing as she was told and behaving properly, snarf………well as much as a troublesome child can………but she still was a good girl. Snarf Snarf." Replied Snarf, sniffing at memories that none of the others seem to possess but he soon grew upset, surprising everyone with a sudden outburst, his small furry hands in fist, not acting like Snarf at all. "If only we could have known! We could have protected her from that blasted roughen! Poor girl…"

Everyone was quiet for a moment before Bengali asked the question that was on all the new ThunderCats' minds. "What happened to her?"

"She was kidnapped at age seven by an unknown captor. We tried to rescue her………we honestly did………but we failed………" Cheetara quietly answered her mind seeming to be in another time and place.

"I remember hearing of it, but I can't seem to remember her name." Lynx-o said, his brows up in question and frustration, his arms crossed across his chest.

"Her name………" whispered the Lord of the ThunderCats, knowing no one heard him, "was Jaguara. She was named after the sorceress of New Thundara." Pain filled Lion-o's eyes as he quietly fingered an old worn-out recorder, small compared to the size of his hands, the others in their own conversation. He lifted it up to his lips, memories smothering him as he played a tune that no one recognized. Only one person knew the song, and who knew where she was.

~*~

Deep in the dark pyramid, on the other side of what looked to be a well, a sarcophagus rested against the dreary wall, keeping its occupant unresponsive to the scratching outside of its door. The clawing of a small blue and black bulldog became louder, rattling the corpse inside, until the hissing moan from the sarcophagus announced the occupant's awakening from its slumber. The bulldog moved back, allowing its master to pass to the mystic waters in front of him.

"Why have you awaken me Ma-Mutt? What possessed you to drag me from my slumber you flea-bitten canine?" Shouted Ma-Mutt's master, the infamous Mum-Ra. The dog whimpered then barked, moving towards the edge of the pool, beckoning its master to look for himself. Grumbling in distaste at the rude awakening, Mum-Ra moved towards the fountain. Upon first glance, it would appear that a particular group of barbarians wearing a symbol with a cat's head on were discussing something trivial to the mystified mummy. What caught his attention though, was the sudden pain in the eyes of the leader, Lion-o, as they spoke of someone, but the pain was quickly hidden. Now spellbound by the topic, Mum-Ra listened intently at the conversation.

~*~

"If only we could have known! We could have protected her from that blasted roughen! Poor girl………"

Everyone was quiet for a moment before Bengali asked the question that was on all the new ThunderCats' minds. "What happened to her?"

"She was kidnapped at age seven by an unknown captor. We tried to rescue her………we honestly did………but we failed………" Cheetara quietly answered her mind seeming to be in another time and place.

"I remember hearing of it, but I can't seem to remember her name." Lynx-o said, his brows up in question and frustration, his arms crossed across his chest.

"Her name………" whispered the Lord of the ThunderCats, knowing no one heard him, "was Jaguara. She was named after the sorceress of New Thundara." Pain filled Lion-o's eyes as he quietly fingered an old worn-out recorder, small compared to the size of his hands, as the others in their own conversation. He lifted it up to his lips, memories smothering him as he played a tune that no one recognized. Another moment's silence took hold before the oldest of the ThunderCats spoke.

"And you believe that she maybe alive somewhere?" Lynx-o questioned slowly, moving his head into a tilt as if to study the young lord through his blind eyes. "Yes." Came the simple answer as Lion-o removed the recorder from his lips.

"Do you believe that she is one of the lost ThunderCats that Jaga claimed needed to be found?"

"If she IS alive, then of course. After all, Jaguara was Jaga's daughter…and my best friend."

~*~

That was all the mummy needed to hear before the wheels in his head began to creak and turn. An evil smile crept across the mystified mummy's face as a plan began to formulate and he processed all the information he had already gathered. Now all he needed was to find this girl. Jaguara was it? Well, he would find this Jaguara easily enough. It only makes a bonus that she was Jaga's daughter, but it makes everything worthwhile when he is able to use her against that cursed Lion-o. Turning towards the middle, Mum-Ra lifted his arms, preparing to find this girl, one way or another.

"Ancient Spirits of Evil, I plead for you to show this decaying form the ThunderCat, Jaguara so that I may use her to destroy the ThunderCats!"

Four sets of piercing red eye stabbed through the darkness as if to contemplate whether to grant him his request or not. The eyes brightened a moment later, revealing glints of their shadowed bodies, answering Mum-Ra's call with the action of projecting their red beams into the churning water. The mucky gray liquid swirled, distorting the picture of the ThunderCats to one of a young Thundarian woman moving easily through the skinny ledges and rugged walkways of a mountain base. Mum-Ra watched in awe as she ran, jumped, and glided down the mountain face. She indeed resembled her father Jaga when it came to face. She had young beauty that most would find attractive if she stayed long enough. He watched her firm, athletic figure clothed in humans being jeans, a black shirt and bomber jacket until it disappeared amongst the rocks, only revealing her location when she passed a land marking quite familiar to Mum-Ra. The entrance to the Valley of Chains.

~*~

Her black and brown hair whipped around in the wind behind her as she moved at an expert's pace down the mountain, heading to an unknown location.

`It has to be around here somewhere………' she thought to herself, hoping that the rumors were true. They had to be. The rumors of the ThunderCats being on Third Earth had to be true. There had to the chance of seeing Lion-o again……... Jaguara skipped over a large boulder momentarily loosing her balance as she had when she was a child, her mind clearly on finding evidence to support the rumors, giving hope to her and her chances of seeing them again. She hadn't told the Thunder-kitten or Snarfette of her desire to see the ThunderCats again, as she hadn't told them as to where or why she had gone out. There! The entrance to the Valley of Chains was to her left and the rumored cave of her hope loomed before her.

~*~End of Chapter 2~*~