Fan Fiction ❯ Blue Ice ❯ Ribbons of Red ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ribbons of Red
 
Anger a feeling that could not be estimated in length of my current position. Anger; an understatement, I was furious! How could he, how dare he? To marry me off as if a property!
“Please, princess, calm down,” Ren smoothed me, but was only to be answered with a vengeful pillow of mine.
“Calm?” I shrieked. “How can I? How can he!”
Fire, blazing flame, I feel like I was engulfed by fire like a phoenix rising from ashes.
I do not understand. How could my brother make such decision without the consultation or my approval?
I refuse. I utterly and completely refuse.
“Princess,” Ren wiped a stray tear from my cheek. “I understand your anger and distress. However, for the nation,” he smiled gently, “please consider.”
I slowly turn to face him.
“For the nation,” I echoed.
“For the nation,” he said.
Wrenched sob escaped my throat, and with a jerk of my aching heart, I collapsed into his arms.
“For the nation,” I muttered over and over again against his chest. “For the nation.”
For the nation, I will marry. For the nation, I will become. For the nation, I am broken.
The news of my marriage spread like a wild fire. Before the first nightingale could bring me the tunes of the spring, already the courts had heard the news. I do not know how much more time do I have before the full agreement is completed with the Hongs, but I pray it would be forever.
I stood at the entry of the chambers of my brother with Suo and Ren. He had call for me earlier.
“Qian,” my brother beckoned me.
I went to him.
“Tomorrow,” he said, “you shall leave for the Hongs.”
I felt my life ending.
“So soon?” I croaked out.
“Yes,” he replied. “Ren and Suo, along with maids and guards will accompany you on the journey.”
“I see,”
“Go pack now,” he kissed me softly, “and may the spirits of our ancestors guide you.”
I bowed and walked away. “If it is the spirits that who guides me, it would guide me away from the path which you choice for me, brother,” I thought sadly.
I retrieved to my room and stared blankly at my chamber. This is the last time I will ever be here…here in which my life began and develops. Looking out toward the night sky, I wonder if the stars and moon are the same it is here than the moon and stars at the Hong household.