Fan Fiction ❯ Blue Ice ❯ The Journey ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Journey
 
We started the journey at the dusk of dawn…it is noon now. I wasn't happy, but wasn't unhappy either. Perhaps it was the wide horizon, or it was the swirls of colors, or it was the endless green that washed away my sea of sadness.
“Do you like the birds, princess?” one of my maids giggled as a rain of colorful feathers swooned past us.
I grinned and tossed some crumbs out to the winged beauties.
“You should eat, princess, not feed the birds,” Ren scowled.
I didn't like his scowl and looked at Suo for help. Suo smirked mischievously with a glint sparkling in his light green eyes and nodded toward me.
Walking casually to my side, Suo scoped down and grab a handful of the rice. With a grin still firmly in place, he tossed them suddenly at Ren.
Clearly unprepared, Ren didn't have the time to defend himself. He blinked surprisingly as the sticky rice landed upon him, covering his face and armor. He looked like a giant rice ball.
There was a moment of silence before a battle cry erupted from Ren.
“SUO!!!” he shouted, “I WILL KILL YOU!”
Suo took off as Ren ran after him in hot pursuit.
I laughed madly at the enjoyable and unexpected event. This journey is not half dreadful.
We continued on with our travel after Ren had successfully hunted down Suo. When the both returned, Suo was covered in mud with a smug Ren looming ahead of him.
“You should chain your guard, princess. He is quiet violent!” Suo pouted.
Ren clouted Suo over the head angrily.