Fan Fiction ❯ Blue Ice ❯ Milky Way Lovers ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Milky Way Lovers
I lay securely by the side of Huan, basking in his warmth. I feel safe, despite the mix emotions that had been surfacing ever since I met him again. I didn't know what to think of my current position. I know he was an enemy, but that doesn't stop me from wanting him. I know he will eventually be my death, but that doesn't kept me away. I know that this is wrong, he and I, but that doesn't stop me from loving him. Conflicted, I snuggled closer to him.
He shifted slightly, and cracked an eye open. “Is something the matter?”
I shake my head. “I am just confused.”
“About what?”
“About us,”
He sat up, and brought me onto his lap. Pressing my back against his toned chest, he asked, “What about us?”
“What are we?” I pondered. “Are we lovers?”
“Do you want us to be?” he said, “I know that my heart belongs to you,”
“How? We only met once,”
“Love is a strange thing. Perhaps the fate had plan this,”
“How do you know?”
He hugged me softly, “Because for the last ten years my heart beats for you.”
I gazed at him lovingly, “My heart also.”
He lean down to capture my lips.
Green tea, he tastes like summer's green tea.
I sighed happily.
“Go get some rest,” he smoothed. “Tomorrow, I will take you back to camp.”
The mentioning of an army camp brought back a startling and horrifying realization. My kingdom!
I grabbed him frightfully, “My brother!”
His eyes widen in realization also.
“Please!” I cried, “You can't! Not my people!”
Huan looked at me sadly. “I…I…” he couldn't find the right words to say.
I sobbed, “No…this can't…please don't…”but I knew even if Huan promise he would not attack my kingdom…his people will never agree.
He cradled me to sleep that night.