Fan Fiction ❯ Blue Ice ❯ Rising Dawn ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rising Dawn
We rode our horse as fast as the wind. We rode our horse as hard as they are willing to run. I need to stop Jing. I need to stop this meaningless war. No…not meaningless. I need to stop this blood bounds.
I see the warriors. Warriors with our imperial symbol, the phoenix.
“Jing!” I shouted toward the mass of warriors. “Jing!”
He didn't hear me.
I rode harder.
“JING!” I cried again. “Jing, please stop this! Stop!”
This time the wind had carried my voice to him. He turns toward me, surprised. “Qian! You live!” Joyfully, he rode up to me.
“Stop,” I breathe when he came near. “Stop the war!”
He stared at me, “Qian,” he tried to explain. “The are enemies.”
“They aren't!” I shouted. “Blood is!”
Warriors gathered. “Please!” I said to the crowd. “Blood bind is the cause for this war! We thought to be superior; we hunted them. It is the blood that causes this war. How many more men shall fall for this? How many more family that will be torn apart?”
“Please. They are not the enemy! If we can just compromise…if we can just try to understand!” I was crying now. “They had take care of me when I was lost.” I left out the part of the attack in fear that it would only cause more desire for the war. “They are like us. They are us!”
I didn't know if I got through to them…my strength had left me…I was falling to darkness. “Please,” I whispered as I lost my consciousness.
I woke up to a bright light. I looked around. I was in my room.
Was it all a dream? Was I asleep all this time?
Someone entered.
My eyes widen in recognization. “Huan?”
He smiled at me warmly. “You did it, Qian.”
“Did it?” I asked.
“Yes, you stopped the war,”
My lips curved into a small grin. I wasn't as useless as I thought.
A knock on the door leads me back to realization.
“Princess?”
It was Suo.
“Come in,” I said.
He entered, but not alone. Behind him, he dragged a very reluctant Anna, followed by Ren and Lin. He smirked mischievously at me. “Anna here wants to say something to you,” he explained.
Anna glared.
Sighing in defeat, Anna began, “Qian…Princess, I…apologize for my…behavior.”
Ren snorted.
Lin bounced excitedly. “Sister Qian! You are alright!”
I replied, “Yes, everything is alright!”
From that moment, I knew…everything is going to be alright. A new beginning for all of us. And I vow, I will break the binds which hatred feeds on.
I looked up at Huan and pulled him down. “We'll make it, won't we?”
“Yes,” he answered me lovingly, “everyone will make it.”
Outside, the sun rose in a beautiful gold, and my brother Jing took the throne…
 
The End