Fan Fiction ❯ Erasing the Pain ❯ Giant Shells and Giant Problems ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I'm back with chapter 2! I figured I might as well write the second chapter as well. I'm trying to build up characters, so forgive me if this is running a little slow.
 
Enjoy!
 
 
 
Erasing The Pain
 
Chapter 2: Giant Shells and Giant Problems
 
By: Oneesan no Miroku Houshi
 
 
 
 
I I I
 
 
 
“Hey Wanda.” Timmy put his elbow on the window seal beside of her. “What's wrong?”
 
“Oh Timmy.” The fairy told her god child. “I'm upset because Cosmo doesn't remember our anniversary.”
 
“Your anniversary?” The pink hat-clad boy asked.
 
“Yes, it's our 9,897th anniversary and Cosmo's forgotten all about it.” She looked down. “Last year he tried to get out of it and this year his just forgot. “
 
Timmy looked concern with Wanda, she was obviously hurt by Cosmo's constant shuns and lack of memory when it came to the important things between he and Wanda. He had to do something to bring them back together.
 
He thought to himself. `Wanda seems really upset. Maybe I should give her a break…That's it! I'll give her a little break, then I can remind Cosmo of his anniversary and maybe he and Wanda will be able to work things out.'
 
“I know, why don't you take the day off?” The boy suggested.
 
“What?” She looked at her god child questioningly. There had only been one other time that her god child had made such a strange request. “Are you sure? I mean, it'll only be you and Cosmo.”
 
“We can handle it. It'll just be a couple of days, what could possibly go wrong?” He asked.
 
 
And it was ironically so, because at that moment, Cosmo was transformed into a green sea horse, trying to find the biggest seashell there was.
 
At that moment, several different sized shells went floating through the water. “No. Nope. NO! Ew no!”
 
The green sea horse popped up from the coral rocks below. “This is going to be harder then I thought. I've found plenty of big shells, but only the biggest and best shell should go to Timmy.”
 
He floated up from the rocks. “I must keep searching!” He yelled dramatically and swam away at a fast jet propulsion rate to quest for the gargantuan shell.
 
While swimming, he spied a rather large shell resting on the ocean floor. “Ooooooh! I like that one!” He cheered as the little sea bearing fairy swam down to check it out.
 
The green creature swam around the shell in delight. “I'm sure Timmy will LOOVE this one! It's so big and shiny….Ooh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinyyyyy….” He spoke to no one but himself as he seemed entranced by the shells pearlized exterior.
 
Slowly but surely, beneath the shell a long claw reached up and grabbed Cosmo around the waist. “Um…” The green animal said absentmindedly. “I didn't know shells had arms.”
 
A pair of primitive eyes peered from beneath the shell as if grew another claw and several sets of legs. The fairies' eyes widened, knowing now what it was. “Ahhh! Crab!” He screamed as he was pulled downward.
 
“Are you sure you can hold out without me?” Wanda asked her godchild.
 
“Everything'll be just fine. You should go and enjoy yourself.” The pink hat clad boy told her. “Don't worry about us. We can handle ourselves just fine.”
 
“Alright.” She replied. “I guess I could use a break.”
 
“I'm sure when you come back everything will be fine. Besides, you know how long it takes for Cosmo to remember things. Maybe it just needs to sink in.”
 
“Maybe…” The pink haired fairy said voice full of nervous tension and uncertainty. She wanted to believe Timmy, but had high doubts. Has her bond with Cosmo finally disintegrated after all those years?
 
Sad to say but that may be true.
 
“So, what'cha waitin' for?” Her god child finally asked after a pause of silence.
 
“Well, I have to go and pack. I plan on having a restful trip. “Wanda told Timmy. `I just hope that when I come back things will be in one piece.'
 
In the vast array of the sea, a beaten up green seahorse floated limply through the water. “Ughh…” It groaned. “Message to myself, never pick a shell unless you're sure it's just a shell and not a shell with arms in it.”
 
He swam over and rested atop of what seemed like a vast and pearlized material. “This is going to be harder then I thought.”
 
He looked around.
 
“Now, where do I find the biggest shell in the sea?” Cosmo questioned, still looking around, green eyes scanning the sea for Timmy's special shell.
 
Unbeknownst to Cosmo, he was sitting atop of a large clam shell.
 
 
“Now, where could that shell be?”
 
Timmy sat on his bed in his room, pondering about Wanda and Cosmo silently to himself. He had to think of a way to pull them together before they fell even more apart then the dysfunctional parents they already were.
 
“I'm so stupid!” Cosmo finally said, realizing that he had been sitting on the shell the entire time.
 
“The biggest shell in the ocean is right underneath of me! I was sitting on it all along!” He said happily and began to laugh nervously.
 
The fairy for once felt like an idiot for sitting on the shell that Timmy had wanted. He hoped that it was the shell that his god child wished for him to find in order to talk to Wanda about whatever problem she was having.
 
In the back of his mind, kept in the darkest depths, held the secret fear of Wanda's wrath. He loved her unconditionally and faithfully and would always be by her side through thick and thin as they play the god parent role to many children over the eons. Both good and bad god children.
 
 
All god children.
 
He never wanted to upset her, it just seemed that nothing he said was right, and she was always getting upset with him. At times, he doubted himself he wasn't always Mr. Happy Go Lucky; it really bothered him when she was angry.
 
He just hoped that Timmy could help set things straight.
 
He had finally found his said shell, now he just had to get it to Timmy.
 
 
 
TBC
 
 
 
A/N: This story is coming along a lot better then I thought it would. I'm glad that I'm getting reviews at least. Please be sure to R&R all chapters and tell me what you think! I'm actually loving to write this story, then again I do so well with romances.