Fan Fiction ❯ Forgiven ❯ Reasons ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:

I do not own the teen titans or the justice league or much of anything, unfortunately. Kirara is my creation though.

Stuff:

Sorry that I haven’t reviewed in a while. My computer had a major virus problem that couldn’t be resolved until just very recently and due to that, the vast majority of my work was pretty much deleted…along with my school work, music, manga downloads, stuff that I was going to publish (I am a fledgling authoress) and everything else that I hold dear. So of course after I finished sobbing over my great loss, I’ve had to start from where I think that I left off.

Forgiven:

Chapter 9- Reasons part 1

Slade chuckled a bit to himself and began to ponder his next move.

It was fascinating to him when he compared the old affable Tamaranean to her new acrimonious self. It was then that he was struck with a little idea.

“Wintergreen,” he called.

At the summons a stately old gentleman appeared, “Yes Master Slade?”

“I believe that it is time that we go to Steel City. I want to test the Titans East. Begin preparations.”

“As you wish, Master Slade,” Wintergreen bowed and then left the room.

Slade grinned with anticipation and chuckled, “Haven’t you ever been told not to make deals with the devil, little girl? I wonder how the other Titans will react to the expulsion of one of it‘s most treasured members?”

Meanwhile…

Raven, Kirara, Gear and Static were waiting near the main computer in the bat cave for Batman. They continued their little chat from the medical room

“So let me get this straight..,” Raven began, “You two are in some sort of…of…,” Raven trailed off trying to find a word that adequately fit the situation.

“Superhero summer school program,” Kirara finished for her friend. Raven’s eyes turned to the duo for confirmation.

Gear nodded, “Yup. The League wants us to have more experience dealing with a different variety of people.”

“And Gotham is known for it’s weird super villain population world wide,” Raven said nodding her head, “I suppose that makes sense.”

Kirara nodded in agreement and grinned.

Alfred appeared, with a silver tray in hand, giving Kirara and Raven some tea. It made the older man very happy to see the place brimming with young people.

The bat mobile could be heard screeching to a halt and soon Batman was seen storming towards everyone, with his dark cape billowing.

Static and Gear were a little nervous, even though they had been spending the summer with Bruce, it still didn’t subtract from the fact that he did cut a very imposing figure even under the greatest of circumstances. Raven was to busy thinking about how to tell Bruce about how she got there and what happened and Kirara was busy looking at all of the state of the art computer equipment in the room, although her stance made it more than clear that she was more than a little nervous at the prospect of meeting the Batman.

Alfred was the only person who was perfectly calm, it was part of the job.

As Bruce made his way to the teenagers, he quickly appraised the situation. Static and Gear were nervous, but for the most part that was normal. They still weren’t used to him yet. He gave a glance at Raven’s green haired friend, who was hovering over all of computers with an awed face, but stayed quite close to Raven, as though if she left her sight then she may disappear. Raven was deeply in thought, with a small frown gracing her face. This made Bruce inwardly worried, Raven wasn’t the type to just appear out of nowhere without good cause. Also it gave weight to what he didn‘t want to be true.

“Raven?,” Batman called, “May I see you for a moment in private?”

Raven tilted her head to meet Kirara’s gaze, a few words filtering through their bond, ‘Don’t worry. I’ll be fine.’

‘Alright. But just remember, I’ve got your back.‘

‘Thank You,’ Raven nodded toward Kirara who nodded back.

Raven gave him a nod and followed Batman as he led her to the infirmary.

As soon as the doors closed behind them Batman spoke up, “Dick kicked you out?”

“Yeah,” Raven replied in a weary voice.

“Can you tell me everything that happened?”

Raven looked at him for a moment, “It would be better if I showed you everything. My powers permit me that ability, it would be faster and…and…,” Raven looked down.

Bruce placed a hand on the small girl’s shoulder, Raven looked back up to him with a sad smile on her face, “It would be better if I showed you. If I had to tell you everything…I would start…crying and I don’t think I would be able to stop…”

Bruce gave her a small smile and nodded.

While under normal circumstances Batman didn’t trust psychics, (given the fact that they could easily do irreparable mental damage and look around at things that he didn’t want people to know,) Raven had proven herself to be one of the few people that he could trust entirely with his life and secrets. It was common knowledge that Batman personally requested Raven’s assistance on many difficult jobs. Raven was absolutely reliable and to be honest, and she was one hell of a trump card.

Raven sat down on the floor Indian style and motioned for Batman to do the same. When he did he heard her softly chant her usual mantra.

Everything went black for what seemed like a few moments and very suddenly Bruce was inundated with Ravens memories as to what happened. He saw Robin and Starfire tell her to leave, the cruel look in Starfire’s eyes was something he would not soon forget, he saw Terra resurrected and make amends with the dark girl, he saw how Raven led her to the pizza parlor to where Beast Boy and Cyborg were and he saw the fight at the Gotham bridge. Then all went black.

Back in Jump City…

“What do you mean he left?!,” Robin growled.

“I mean he left,” Cyborg answered and thought to himself, ‘And to be honest, I’m damn proud of him for going after the woman he loves.’

Terra was thinking along the same lines, but that didn’t mean than Robin needed to know, “We went to check on him and when there was no answer, we went into his room and found his communicator on his desk and all of his important stuff gone.”

Robin left the room and walked to his room, running his hand through his hair in anxiety.

‘The team is falling apart,’ he thought for a moment wondering if expelling Raven was the right idea. Robin then shook his head to rid himself of those thoughts, ‘It was necessary,’ he assured himself, ‘She lied to us from the beginning. She can never be trusted.’

‘Are you certain?,’ a little voice sprang up, ‘She really didn’t commit any crime. It truly was to protect everyone and, let’s not lie, you have been guilty of lying to everyone and committing serious crimes all for the sake of the ‘greater good.’ Was it truly such an irredeemable offense? Raven was only twelve when she joined. Beforehand she was roaming around the globe on her own. She was alone and terrified. Regardless of how powerful she was, she was just a child, all alone on an alien world where she had absolutely no one to help her. She was shunned for a good portion of her life for being half-demon and you expected her to tell you something that would have threatened the only true security she had ever known in her entire life? Would you have done any differently under those circumstances?’

Robin was about to argue with that voice when it cut him off, ‘Remember, for each and every action that there is a set of motivations…of reasons that you may not understand unless you have lived the same life. You had better hope that none of this comes back to bite you in the ass.’