Fan Fiction ❯ Forgiven ❯ Revival ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:

I do not own the teen titans or anything/one in the DC or Marvel universes.

Stuff:

Hello everyone. Once more I am sorry for taking so long updating. I do try and hurry things up, but it just never seems to work out, does it? My professors keep throwing papers and projects at me and unfortunately I must comply with their evil whims *mumbles curses*. Getting back to the story, I will reiterate that I do not follow the show or comic book to any great extent, so purists be warned.

Forgiven:

Chapter 8- Revival

Titan Tower (Outside Beast Boy’s Room):

Cyborg and Terra had been knocking on Beast Boy’s door for the past ten minutes to no avail.

The green titan was not opening the door or even acknowledging the fact that someone was knocking on the door to begin with and they were starting to get worried.

Ever since the confrontation with Starfire and Robin, Beast Boy had become sullen and withdrawn. He wouldn’t speak with anyone unless he was prodded repeatedly and he would constantly stare off into space. This was worrisome behavior to his two friends.

Beast Boy had retreated to his room the moment that they all got home from their drive and had not left it.

“HEY!! Grass Stain, I know that you’re in there, open up!!”

Nothing answered the frantic knocking.

“Are you sure that he’s in there? Maybe he went out or something?,” Terra offered.

“I don’t think so,” Cyborg answered, “Call it a hunch.”

Terra then tried her hand at drawing out the changeling.

“BB!! Come on open up the door!!,” Terra called out and after a moment of contemplation, “Let’s call Raven together!!”

There was still no answer.

Both Titans frowned, that should have gotten him out.

“B!!,” Terra called out, “Open up! Please!”

Again, nothing answered her pleas.

Cyborg frowned, “Alright BB, we’re coming in.”

Cyborg walked up to the panel next to the door and typed in the override code. Then he and Terra entered.

Beast Boy’s room looked as it normally did, a war zone. There was clothes strewn all over the place and neither of the beds on the bunk were made. The only indication that something was wrong was the closet door, which appeared to be ripped out.

Cyborg and Terra looked to each other with worried faces.

It was then that Terra saw something out of the corner of her eye. There on Beast Boy’s extremely messy dresser lay his communicator.

Terra walked up to the dresser and picked up the communicator. Cyborg saw what was in her hand and sighed, already knowing what had happened to the changeling.

“He went after Rae.”

“Yeah…,” Terra then looked at Cyborg thoughtfully, after a few minutes of uncomfortable silence, “This isn’t really a big surprise. We both knew that he would do this sooner or later.”

“You’re right. It’s just that…well…it’s too weird here without Raven and now BB,” Cyborg said softly, “I always knew that we weren’t going to stay Titans forever but…I never thought that it would turn out the way that it did. We were all a big family and…we’re just falling apart. I never thought that it would end that way.”

“Hey,” Terra said putting her hand on his shoulder, “It was bound to happen. People grow up, they change and they fall in love. Besides I have a funny feeling that we’ll see them again.”

Cyborg then looked at her, slightly confused.

Terra saw his expression and gave a chuckle, “Don’t look at me like you don’t know what I’m talking about. Honestly, are BB and Raven the type of people to disappear forever? Eventually they are going to pop up.”

Cyborg felt better at that logic. Neither one of his friends were the type to disappear off the face of the Earth. Sooner or later they would come back.

He looked at the blond geomancer with an amused expression on his face, “Rae has definitely rubbed off on you. You sound just like her,” he chuckled.

“Hey, someone has to be the voice of reason here,” Terra said with a grin.

In the Medical Room of the Batcave:

“So let me get this straight..,” Gear said, skepticism written all over his face, “You and Raven are from another planet in another dimension?!”

“Yup.”

“You do realize that your story is a little hard to believe, right?,” Static said.

“I find it harder to believe that the greatest superhero on this planet is from Kansas,” Kirara responded with an indifferent shrug.

Kirara then looked to Raven with a thoughtful expression. Raven had stopped floating a little while ago, so now everyone was waiting for her to wake up.

Static regained her attention, “What’s the name of the place that the two of you are from?”

“Azarath.”

“Azarath?," Gear asked, "…I think I heard about that place from someone in the Justice League."

Kirara’s eyes narrowed and it felt as though the room’s temperature dropped by several degrees.

It was pretty obvious that Gear had hit a nerve.

“If you guys don’t mind, I’d rather not talk about the Justice League.”

“Why not?,” Static asked.

“There’s a bit of bad blood between me, Rae and the League,” She then looked to the two young men, “You guys had better ask Batman about it. I get a bit worked up about it and Rae’s in no condition to talk right now.”

“OK….,” Static said. He then looked around looking for something to talk about. He then gazed at his own hands, which were emitting faint blue sparks.

“What are your powers?,” Static asked.

“My powers?,” Kirara blinked, “Well I can generate and control wind. I can fly too, which is great ‘cause I don’t have a car. Um…That’s about it.”

“What are yours?,” Kirara asked Gear.

“I’m a super brain. If I think it then I can build it. Backpack over there,” Gear motioned to the small robot backpack he was wearing, “is my greatest invention yet. He’s a self aware AI.”

“He’s sentient?,” Kirara asked.

“Yep,” Gear said proudly, “He analyses all communication networks and transfers information to me. We sort of link thoughts and that way he also helps me relay my thoughts to my other inventions, like my skates which are rocket powered and let me fly.”

“So the two of you link your thoughts then…You’re a technopath?,” Kirara asked, suddenly very interested in the blond.

“What’s a technopath?,” Static asked, looking at her.

“A technopath is a rare type of psychic that understands and can communicate with sentient robotic entities or AI, as humans like to call them,” Kirara’s face then screwed up in thought, “I can’t really tell you much more than that though. You can ask Raven about it when she wakes up. Psychic stuff is her turf, not mine.”

Gear just nodded, already deep in thought.

“How about you Static? What are your powers?,” Kirara asked.

“Well…um…I can generate and control electricity and magnetism. I can also focus my powers and pick up on police channels or radio stations, whichever appeals to me at the time.”

“So you’re a young version of Magneto, only not psychotic,” Kirara said with a faint smile on her face.

Static looked very thoughtful and then smiled, “I guess so. I never really thought about it that way.”

“Only you can make that assessment and get others to join you Kira.”

Everyone jumped at the soft voice and looked to the bed where Raven was levitating crosslegged and looking at them with a small smile on her face.

“RAVEN!!! YOU’RE OKAY!!!,” with that Kirara leapt to her friend with such force that they ended up crashing onto the floor on the other side of the bed.

“Ow,” Raven groaned, “Kirara as glad as I am to see you, please remove your elbow from my pancreas.”

Kirara then floated up dragging Raven up with her and gave her the single most powerful bone crushing hug Raven had ever experienced in her life.

Static and Gear smiled at the girls until they noticed that Raven’s already ashen skin was slowly becoming paler.

“Um, Kirara? You might want to let Raven go. She’s getting…well…paler,” Static said.

Kirara apparently didn’t hear him and continued to hug and hug and hug.

Raven then turned into her soul self and resumed her normal form, behind Static and Gear.

Raven gave Kirara a mock glare and said, “I’ve fought super villains, averted a few apocalypses and even destroyed an inter-dimensional demon lord, only to nearly be destroyed by a hug,” Raven then gave a small smile, “That really wouldn’t be the most dignified end to my career as a superhero you know.”

Static and Gear were looking at Raven with openmouthed shock. The only other person that they had seen essentially turn into shadows was Ebon, one of their more dangerous enemies back home.

Raven sensed the shock that was coming from them, “Don’t worry I’m not Ebon.”

Static looked quite mystified, “How do you know who Ebon is?”

Kirara, who was on the other side of the room, giggled, “I think I already mentioned it but just incase I didn’t,” Kirara floated to her friend, “Raven’s one of the most powerful psychics in this part of the universe and when I say psychic I mean all sort of mind thingies.”

“ ‘Mind Thingies?,’ “ Raven repeated crossing her arms and looking at Kirara with an arched eyebrow.

“Yeah, like telepathy, telekinesis, pre and post cognition. Not to mention a whole load of other powers. Like stopping time and dimension hopping.”

“Wow,” Gear said, Static nodding in agreement

“Kirara all of that is supposed to be confidential.”

“Blah blah blah, you and your confidentiality.”

“Secret Identity remember? Confidentiality is a bit of a requirement.”

“If you’re so wrapped up in your secret identity then why do you fly around in your usual outfit, huh? Keep dressing up like that and one of your lucky fans is going to get an eyeful.”

“Kirara..,” Raven growled, her violet eyes glowing white.

Kirara then stopped to give Raven a once over, “Meanwhile you need to eat more. Look how scrawny you are, it’s a wonder that you still have that large a rack.”

“Kirara!!”

Static and Gear stood next to the two odd girls, obviously forgotten by them and looking rather uncomfortable as to where the conversation was going.

Raven’s eyes returned to their original color and glared at her friend, “I swear you sound just like Erica.”

“Really? Good, you know she’s right. I am hereby making it my mission to put some meat on your scrawny bones," Kirara then assumed a solemn look, "I Kirara Ayji, third priestess of Azar, do hereby declare war on your metabolism."

Raven snorted, “Great..," she then turned to Static, "Could you please repeat your question?"

"Okay," Static nodded, fighting a mad desire to laugh, "How do you know about Ebon? Did you read our minds or something?"

Raven shook her head, a small smile gracing her lips, "I didn’t read your minds.”

Three pairs of eyes met hers, all basically saying with their looks ‘Well how the hell did you know?’

“Sooner or later, the two of you are going to be recruited for either the Justice League or the Titans so that means that both organizations are keeping tabs on you two along with the necessary info, like known archenemies. The Titans have taken an interest in the two of you, so they've been taking in really detailed information on you guys. Ebon also has the habit of making a few guest appearances in Jump and Steel City so he’s already in the Titan mainframe.”

“Titan?,” Static asked, finally figuring out who she was, “As in Teen Titans?”

Raven smiled, “Formerly a Teen Titan," Raven's smile faded slightly, "Let's just say that there were a few issues that we couldn't resolve and that is why I am here in Gotham City."

"Oh.."

Raven then looked to the door, "It seems that Bruce has finally arrived...lets go meet him, he probably is itching to ask me a few questions," with that said Raven walked out of the door with Kirara close behind.

When both girls left the room, Gear turned to Static with a grin, "Why is that all the girls with superpowers that we know are weird?"

Static shrugged his shoulders and laughed, "I dunno. I guess we're just lucky like that."

Meanwhile…(Somewhere in Gotham City’s Industrial Area):

Slade sat in his chair, one hand propped under his chin.

“I thought that you said she and the league were on bad terms.”

“They are,” answered the figure in the monitor.

“Incorrect,” Slade answered with a growing tone of annoyance, “The dark night intervened on her behalf.”

“That is not possible. The Justice League would never aide that…that…monster,” the figure growled out, “I do not care what it takes, destroy the bitch!!”

Slade smirked inwardly, “Well my dear, even one as limited as you can see that the situation has changed drastically,” Slade couldn’t stop the chuckles that he had been suppressing, “For such a demanding client, you are indeed rather stupid.”

Two glowing emerald eyes stared at him through the monitor, “How dare you!!!,” the figure hissed.

“Now, now,” Slade said condescendingly, “You would not do well do make me focus on you. Besides,” he chuckled, “What would your dear Robin think?”

 

Authoress Notes:

How’s that for a cliff hanger?

Hello everyone. Sorry I took so long, but my professors have been hounding me and writers block attacks have become commonplace in my mind.

One question: I’ve been hearing lately that authors aren’t supposed to respond to reviews in their fics anymore, is it true?

GizmoBunny: I glad that you like my fic so much!! I’ll try to turn out chapters a little faster.

dancingirl3: Glad you like and I hope this chapter will tide you over till the next one.

Mental Mess: He he he. I see that you’ve found the quote that really inspired me for this fic. Good job!!

StickLad: Here’s another update for you. Enjoy!

BlckDemonSlyer: Thank you. I am really happy that my fic is going so well.

BBRaelover4eva: Thanks.

roses in bloom: Thank you, thank you, thank you.

disappearer/Syani: I guess that the Beast calling Raven his ‘mate’ may have been a little on the creepy side but if you think about it, it makes perfect sense. The Beast is BB’s primal side and sees her as his one and only, also since the ‘Beast’ is a beast, calling Raven his ‘mate’ is only natural for him. This fic isn’t going to be too favorable towards Star or Robin (mostly Star,) so sorry about that and I agree Raven is the coolest comic turned cartoon character ever!!

darkkillerfairy: Thanks for the review and the cookie…yum..cookie was delicious.

ShelsSMG: Glad you still love it.

dark-demon2156: Thanks. Sorry you had to wait so long for this update. Enjoy the chapter.

Terra Rock: Gracias. I am happy to be on your favorites list. Enjoy.

Black Rose890: I’m glad that you like my story and I’m glad that you’re happy that Batman’s there. Also The Nightmare Before Christmas is a great movie, so enjoy.

Firenze2000: I’m glad that I was really able to influence you to read fics again. YAY!! Terra, Cyborg and BB won’t murder Star and Robin…maybe…I need to ponder their fate a bit more. It’s no so weird that you neutral with Terra, I find that depending on the fic my feelings towards any one character (except Raven, of course) can change.

MiSs JoVaNNa: Slade has something interesting planned for Raven and the Titans, wait and see.

Darkofthenight: Thank you and enjoy.

Little Red Ravenhood: Thank you, thank you. I am going to try and write more, hopefully my schedule will allow for it.

HoopBanana: Gracias. I’m glad that you like Kirara so much and I hope that you like her more in the future.

Dark Magician Grrl: Batman’s wrong about Robin but doesn’t want to believe it. What parent (guardian or whatever) would want to believe that their child could do something so stupid? Glad you love the letter, it took me forever to get it just right and it made me quite teary for a while.

SpazztheSlob: Thank you for both reviews. Sorry that I missed you last time. I thought that I got everyone. I’ll be a bit more observant next time.

Ink Blottt: Thanks and kisses to you for loving this chapter.