Fan Fiction ❯ Forgiven ❯ Rush ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:

I don’t own the teen titans but I do own the oc, Kirara Ayji.

Stuff:

Sorry that this took longer than I thought. The disk that I have all of my fics saved on has disappeared within the deep recesses of my war zone of a room. I have not found it yet and I had to rewrite this chapter. The next three chapters were on the disk as well, so if I can’t find it then I am going to have to rewrite them from scratch. It may take a while ‘cause the chapters were really long!! So please be patient.

Forgiven:

Chapter 7- Rush

As Batman made his way to the Batmobile, he pulled a small rectangular communicator out of his belt.

“Alfred.”

“Yes Master Bruce?”

“Prepare the medical room. Static and Gear are going to be arriving with Raven, from the Titans. She may have some internal injuries at worst, broken ribs at the very least. Static and Gear are a bit bruised up and should get looked at as well. Also, there will be another girl arriving with them. Apparently she is an acquaintance of Raven’s.”

“Of course Master Bruce, I will get on it immediately.”

“Thanks.”

Batman then put the communicator away and got into the Batmobile. He couldn’t help but frown as he thought about the entire scenario so far.

Joker and his gang were blowing stuff up and causing a bunch of trouble, not much out of the ordinary there. Slade joining up with Joker, on the other hand, was something else. Slade, whose stomping grounds were Jump City. Then Joker and Slade join up. Then all of a sudden Raven is in Gotham City and is being targeted by the both of them. Odder still, none of the other Titans were in sight, which was the oddest thing of all, since Robin had an obsessive fixation on Slade.

Batman had a theory as to why Raven would be by herself but he brushed it away.

‘There is definitely no way that Richard would be that foolish.’

The Batcave:

Static, Gear, and Kirara got Raven to the Batcave without any incident.

As they made their way within the cave they met up with Alfred.

“Please bring Miss Raven to the medical room,” Alfred said, motioning to a door, “We shall check to see how severe her wounds are.”

Everyone rushed to the said room and Static placed her on the only bed there, when, to Static and Gear’s surprise, Raven began to float several inches above the bed and her body took on an ethereal glow.

Alfred went to a panel right next to Raven and pushed a large green button that said ‘Full Body Scan.’ As he did that a ceiling panel retracted to reveal a lens that basked a blue light on Raven‘s prone form.

For a tense few minutes nobody said a word.

The panel that Alfred activated beeped once and he scrutinized the data that was being projected onto the screen on the panel. He didn’t say anything for a few moments, nor did his face reveal anything.

After a few more moments of analyzing the data, he turned his eyes to Kirara, Gear and Static.

“How is she?,” Kirara asked in a small voice, her amber eyes large and teary.

“While Miss Raven is injured quite badly, although she is stable. It appears that her body has already healed the worst of her injuries. She appeared to have a punctured lung but that has healed quite nicely on its own. Right now the only injuries that she has are broken and bruised ribs and her body is starting to heal those as well.”

Kirara visibly blanched when Alfred told her Raven’s injuries. Alfred saw this and placed his hand on her shoulder in a grandfatherly fashion.

“Even though Miss Raven is injured, you must recognize that she is very strong and has faced graver injuries beforehand and has come out of conflict stronger than before. So do not worry my dear, she will heal herself entirely and we will take it from there.”

Kirara relaxed a little a that and gave him a small nod. Alfred then turned to the two young men and checked them for injuries.

‘What do you mean that ‘her body has already healed the worst of her injuries’?,’ Gear thought, confused, ‘Her body just healed a punctured lung in less than half an hour!!!! Normal humans don’t heal anywhere near that fast. Maybe Raven’s a meta-human?…That would explain how she is able to float…not to mention her hair and skin,’ Gear’s eyes then drifted to Kirara, who was sitting in a chair next to Raven, ‘And what about her? What did Raven call her…Kirara? Maybe she’s a meta-human as well. That would explain her hair and the wind powers…not to mention the glowing eyes thing. I wonder if they got their powers in the big bang? If they did then why haven’t we run into them before? There’s only one high school in Dakota and I’m sure that I’d remember girls like them. And what about that psycho with the mask?? Who the hell is he?’

Static was thinking along the same lines as his partner. ‘I wonder if Raven and her friend are bang babies? They look about as old as me and Richie…if they are bang babies then they had to be at Dakota at the time of the big bang. I wonder if they went to our school? Practically all of the younger bang babies went to the high school and I think I would remember girls like them…But more importantly what was up with that dude in the mask?…Who is he?’

Alfred seemed satisfied that they were perfectly fine and then turned to the emerald haired girl, bowing respectfully, “Forgive me for not introducing myself, my name is Alfred and you are?”

“My name is Kirara Ayji,” Kirara said.

“Well Miss Ayji is there anything that I can get for you? Perhaps a cup of tea?”

“That would be nice and you can call me Kirara. ‘Miss Ayji‘ just sounds a little weird for my taste.”

Alfred gave her a warm smile and a nod and then turned his attention to Static and Gear, “Young Masters is there anything that I can get for you?”

Gear shook his head and Static said, “No thanks. We’re fine.”

Alfred then left to go inform Batman of Raven’s condition and to get some tea.

As Alfred left the room, Static and Gear looked at Kirara. She met their gaze and gave them a small grin, “I‘m guessing that you probably want to know a bit about me, right?”

“Well...yeah. If it’s okay with you,” Static said.

Kirara smiled and then began to speak, “My name is Kirara Ayji and I, like my friend Raven, come from a place called Azarath…”

Titan Tower, Beast Boy‘s Room:

Beast Boy had skipped dinner, retreated to his room for the night and was now pacing around it.

He couldn’t look at Starfire or Robin, without fighting the urge to rip them into McNugget sized bits.

Most especially Starfire.

She truly hated Raven. Beast Boy could smell it. Starfire just couldn’t pull her head out of her ass and realize that Raven was nothing like her father and would never be. When Starfire saw Raven, she saw Trigon and Beast Boy wasn’t sure that it would ever change. Along with that was Robin. Stupid, stubborn Robin. It was really more than he could take.

Beast Boy’s instincts, his inner Beast, sensed the hatred that Starfire felt for Raven and screamed at him to attack her, but he couldn’t do that. He knew that Raven didn’t hate Starfire or Robin and if he were to harm them, he would hurt her.

Beast Boy was also depressed because he couldn’t talk to Raven today. He must have called that number that Terra gave him a hundred times but there was no answer.

Cyborg had assured him that Raven was probably out with the friend that she was staying with.

Terra told him that Raven’s friend was probably a girl and that no way that any guy, other than him, could hit on Raven and keep their stones intact.

Beast Boy had trashed his room in a fit of frustration and rage.

‘I can’t stand it!!!!!!!!!! Damn it!!!!!!’

‘Why don’t you go look for her?,’ inquired the Beast, ‘She is missing.’

‘I…I’m a Titan. I am needed here…to…to protect the city. Raven would want for me to…be…happy.’

‘Well then you are failing her because you are miserable right now. Your heart is broken and hers is in the same state.’

‘D…Do you really think…she loves us?’

‘Child, do I need to hit you with a brick? Have you not seen the way she used to look at us? Have you not sensed what is in her heart? Or have the video games truly rotted your brain, as our mate has said countless times before?’

‘You know what? For once I agree with you!! I love her and I know that she feels the same. How could I have been such a dumbass and not seen it before? Cyborg and Terra may kill me later on…but I‘ve got to be with her…I…I gotta leave!!’

Beast Boy walked to his closet, ripped the door off the hinges, and dug around the floor of the closet. After a few minutes of rummaging around the closet floor, he finally found a old gray backpack. He then went to his dresser to grab some clothing. It was then that he noticed a hastily written letter and a black lily on top of the clutter on his dresser.

His heart began to pound wildly and his hands trembled as he picked up the letter. He knew who it was from. It was written in Raven‘s neat script.

Hello Gar,

By the time that you read this, I will be long gone. I am leaving the Titans.

I can’t stay anymore.

Beast Boy’s hands shook as he saw that much of the ink looked smeared with tear drops.

Remember when you told me that I didn’t have to keep all of my darkness to myself ? That I could share with you what was in my heart and soul and that you would help me, no matter what?

I am sorry that I pushed you away and slammed my door in your face when you said that.

I wish with all of my heart and soul that I told you everything. I wish that I shared with you, what was to be my destiny, what was preordained to be my fate…but I didn’t and for that I am sorry.

It wasn’t that I didn’t trust you. On the contrary, it was because I didn’t trust myself.

Ever since I was a small child, I was convinced that I was innately evil. I had convinced myself that my demonic blood forever damned me. I was convinced that I would one day become my father and that no matter what, that was my fate. I believed that I was incapable of being a good person and that I did not deserve a happy existence.

When I joined the Titans, I was terrified. I had never had people who trusted in me or believed in me beforehand. That was the reason that I didn’t interact with anyone in Titan tower. I was scared that I could not live up to everyone’s expectations.

You were the person that convinced me that I wasn’t evil, although it took me a while to get the message though.

You harassed me, heckled me, drove me up the metaphorical wall and I don’t think that I could ever thank you enough for that.

I love you, Gar.

You wouldn’t leave me alone.

You did the impossible and took away much of the pain that had resided in my heart for so long.

You dispelled my fear of living.

You wouldn’t let me give up and accept my fate.

You wouldn’t let me die.

You convinced me that my life was worthwhile and that I was the only one that could control my destiny.

You gave me the strength to destroy Trigon and free myself from his blood curse.

For that you will always have my thanks and my heart.

Love,

Raven

(P.S. I’ve always thought that your jokes were funny.)

Beast Boy sank down to the floor with the letter and the lily in his hands. He began to breath heavily as tears began to run down his face and one thought ran through his mind.

Raven loved him.

After a few minutes Beast Boy got up, more resolute than before to find his Raven.

Beast Boy grabbed a few articles of clothing and jammed them into the backpack. He then took off his uniform and changed into a white shirt and blue jeans.

He got his titan communicator and slammed it onto his dresser.

He walked up to his window, opened it and stood on the windowsill.

After taking a deep breath, he transformed into a Pterodactyl and rushed to Gotham City, where his beloved was waiting for him.

Beast Boy didn’t know where in that huge city she could be, but he was determined to look for her.

Maybe a certain caped crusader could help him look for the errant black bird.

Replies to Reviews:

Ink Blottt: Hope you like this chapter.

TheSkeet: Thank you, I’m glad that you like it.

StickLad: Here you go, enjoy!!

Night-Rose14: Thank you. I glad I was able to provide someone with an epiphany. That makes me happy J . I am going to try and update more frequently. I will get into Kirara, Static, Gear, and the Justice League in a few chapters. Batman (as shown in the beginning of this chapter) and the Justice League do not know what Star and Robin have done. Although this is chapter 7, Raven hasn’t been out of Jump City for 24 hours. I have to space out what I am going to write, otherwise I start rambling.

otakualways: You guessed right. Batman doesn’t know…yet.

roseweasleygamgee: Thank you. I’m glad that you like that I put so many characters in the story.

dark-demon2156: Gracias. They will get a mouthful from the Batman so don’t worry.

DarkCypher: Robin will be hearing from the dark knight soon enough. Don’t worry about that.

Coolcatjas: There will be BB and Raeness in two chapters. He will make an appearance in the end of the next chapter and then there will be much fluff. Yay!!

Bunnysquirrel: Thank you. I’m glad that you like. I am going to try and update more often.

MiSs JoVaNNa: Slade has ‘plans’ for Raven, so he will make more appearances.

Darkofthenight: Thanks.

Starlit Moonshadow: Gracias. I’m happy that you like this story so much.

Dark Magician Grrl: I thought that Static and Gear would be pretty good additions to the story and I’m glad that I was right. Glad you loved the chapter.

They-Call-Me-Orange: Thanks for the review.

Little Red Ravenhood: Thanks. Kirara is an oc. Batman rocks! As for Robin…I’m not revealing that yet, cause it’s a few chapters into the future and I am still working on it.