Fan Fiction ❯ Forgiven ❯ Rendezvous ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:

I do not own the teen titans, batman, static shock, gear or anyone/anything else in the dc universe. I do however own the oc, kirara ayji.

Stuff:

Sorry. I do tend to take a little while to update. I’ll try to hurry up the updates.

Forgiven:

Chapter 6- Rendezvous

Raven, her heart heavy with grief, neared Gotham City.

It was still daylight.

It hurt not to be a part of the titans, her family. She didn’t expect it to be easy but…this was just an ache that would never go away.

‘Terra…take care of everyone for me…’

She would miss them all, even Robin and Starfire. Even if they hated her until the end of time, Raven couldn’t see herself hating them.

‘Trigon must be rolling around in his grave,’ Raven mused to herself, ‘To have a child that doesn’t lust for revenge, for hatred, to have a child that wants none of that. Thank you, Azar, everyone…if it weren’t for all of you…I really don’t know what I would have done otherwise.’

Most of all…she would miss Beast Boy. She would miss the plethora of horrible jokes. She would miss the daily breakfast battles. She would miss the way that he just made her heart skip a beat whenever he looked her way or smiled at her. She would miss the way that he refused to leave her alone. She missed him already.

Without him near her, she just felt so empty and hollow.

‘Gar…’

That train of thought made her heart feel so heavy with pain, she needed to rest somewhere. She looked around and saw the Gotham Bridge.

Raven, still in her bird form, perched herself on the top of the highest tier on Gotham Bridge which was on the outskirts of the city. She was awaiting dusk. Raven had always been comforted by the night. She thought better and just felt safer.

The dark bird thought about her new life in this turbulent city. She was thinking about where she would find out her niche when a familiar voice sounded off in her mind.

‘Hey Rave.’

‘Hi Kirara. I was wondering when you would sense me.’

‘It wasn’t hard to find you with your heart aching like that.’

‘Sorry about that. I must have given you one hell of a heart attack earlier.’

‘No need to be sorry. So what happened?’

‘That is a really long story.’

‘I see…want me to get you?’

‘Could you?’

‘No problem. Where are you?’

‘The Gotham Bridge’

‘Okay. Want me to get you now or at nightfall.’

‘At darkness please. I need some time to think.’

‘Alrighty then Rave, see you them.’

‘Bye Kirara.’

As the night neared, Raven reverted back to her human form. She placed her hands on the edge of the tier. Her legs dangled over the end and she watched all the people going on with their lives. She watched the sunset, entirely lost and spellbound by the way it painted the many buildings in Gotham with gold and reddish hues.

‘So beautiful…’

After a while the gravity and finality of the days events hit Raven at once and she couldn’t stop the tears from running down her ashen face. Raven drew her knees up to her chest and placed her head on her knees and sobbed.

For the first time in her entire life she just sobbed as the days emotions hit her and found release in crystal tears.

As she calmed down, she found that she felt exhausted. Her head still rested on her knees and she didn’t visibly respond to the electrical current in the air. To anyone who was watching it looked like she was lost in her own world. Raven closed her amethyst eyes and sensed someone near her…no two people. Everything in her told her that they were benevolent.

Raven opened her eyes and palmed away some of her tears and pushed off the edge to float gracefully, “Is there anything that I can help you two with?”

Two young men flew from wherever they were hiding, to in front of her.

The first one to appear was a good looking dark skinned young man with dreadlocks. He was dressed in dark purple attire and was floating on what appeared to an electrified disk.

The other was an equally good looking, fair skinned young man in a white and green outfit. He had a helmet on and a robot on his back. He was floating with the aid of what looked to be rocked powered skates. There was a lot of activity going on in that brain, to Raven it had the level of activity akin to a beehive.

They both looked at her with shock evident of both of their faces. They obviously have never seen the ashen skinned, lavender haired girl with a chakra, floating in the air before. It then hit her that she was no longer in Jump City.

“We just wanted to know if you were okay,” the man in violet answered, “We were on patrol and saw you up here crying. We kinda thought that you might jump off the bridge or something crazy like that.”

“Yeah,” the helmeted man added, “So are you okay?”

“I am fine, now if I may ask who are you?”

“Well, I’m Static and this is Gear,” the young man in violet said, “Who are you?”

Raven looked at them with a bit of apprehension, she had heard of them before. Robin had been contemplating recruiting them for Titans Alpha. They had a really good reputation but she was still a bit weary.

“…..my name is Raven. ”

“Well wh--,” Static was cut off by an explosion beneath them all.

They all looked down to see the Joker, Harlequin, and a bunch of joker groupies blowing up a bunch of cars.

Raven frowned at the Joker.

‘What a weirdo. Isn’t he supposed to be in jail or something?’

Joker looked up to the three heroes with a twisted smile on his face.

“Greeting and salutations, Static and Gear and a very special hello to you my lovely little black bird. Is it true that the boy blunder forced you out of the nest?”

Raven just glared at him.

“Ha ha ha ha ha ha,” The entire gang just started laughing uproariously at her. As the laughter finally died down the Joker looked to her with great interest.

“Well my dear, I must say that my new partner is especially pleased to see you again.”

Raven was about to respond, when out of the corner of his eye she saw a small marble shaped object fly up to her and explode, sending her, Gear, and Static to the ground.

Raven groaned in pain as she tried to push herself up into a sitting position. She looked to her left and saw Static and Gear on the ground, obviously hurt. She crawled towards them and began to heal them, when someone grabbed her hair and pulled her up.

Raven winced in pain. It felt as though she had broken a few ribs. As she opened her eyes to see who grabbed her, she felt her jaw drop in shock. Her amethyst eyes were wide with disbelief as the saw the familiar black and gold mask.

Slade.

“Why hello there pretty birdy,” Slade held her hair in a death grip in one hand, while holding her hands with the other, “I must say that when you left Jump, I felt compelled to come and seek you out my dear.”

“What do you want Slade?”

“I must say that I became totally enamored with your abilities,” Slade whispered into her ear, making Raven tremble with disgust, fear, shame and rage, “I have a proposition for you my dear.”

Raven groaned in pain as Slade’s grip on her hair tightened.

“Become my apprentice.”

Raven growled, “Fuck You!!!”

“Such spirit!!! You could put Robin to shame in terms of passion, birdy. But enough small talk, lesson one: Respect your master.”

“Go to hell!!!”

“Lesson two: If you don’t obey you will bleed,” Slade said as he slammed her into the ground, headfirst, with all of his strength.

Gear opened his eyes in time to see Raven roughly thrown into the ground by some guy in a black and gold mask. He saw that her cloths were singed and torn from the explosion that knocked them from the sky. She was bleeding a bit from her mouth and Gear knew that was a very bad sign. She was probably bleeding internally and if that was true she needed to get to a hospital immediately, she could have only minutes left.

Slade walked over to where he threw Raven and roughly grabbed her and held her in the same manner as before. Raven was unconscious but began to cough up blood.

Gear pulled out a small grenade-looking device and tossed it at that guy holding Raven.

As the device neared Slade, Joker pulled out a gun and shot it away.

By this time Static was awake. He saw the gun in the Joker’s hand and blasted it off the bridge. He then blasted Harlequin and the Joker’s gang, making them cling to the floor unable to move.

Gear got up to join Static against the Joker, when suddenly a powerful gust of wind blasted him off the bridge and into the waters below.

In the Joker’s place stood a girl, about Raven’s age, with green hair and amber eyes. She wore a green version of Raven’s trademark cloak and eyed Slade with an especially murderous glare.

“Let Raven go!!!,” she bellowed.

Raven awoke to a very familiar voice, screaming at Slade to let her go. Raven opened her eyes, which exerted a lot more strength than it should have, to see her one of her oldest friends confronting Slade.

“Ki..ra..ra…,” Raven breathed out softly, as she felt her body starting to grow cold and blacked out, no longer able to stay awake.

“RAVEN!!!,” Kirara screamed. Her eyes glowed a bright green and she prepared to attack, when someone leaped out of the shadows and threw Slade into a car.

Raven was about to fall onto the ground when Batman caught her.

Kirara, Static and Gear rushed to him.

“Get Raven to homebase now!!,” Batman, gently handing Raven to Static, who nodded and jumped on his disk to fly away. He then quickly glanced at Kirara was powering up to attack Slade, who was getting up from Batman’s attack.

“If Raven doesn’t get help, she’ll die…do you want that?”

Kirara shook her head.

“Then go with Static and Gear, cover them and Raven. I’ll take care of Slade.”

Kirara reluctantly nodded and then she took off after Static and Gear.

Batman then turned his attention to Slade, who was standing in front of him.

“Batman, I am honored,” Slade began, “The legendary caped crusader of Gotham City. To what do I owe the honor?”

Batman glared at him and quickly pulled out some explosive bat-a-rangs and threw them in Slade’s direction. Slade dodged them all and leapt to deliver a roundhouse kick at the dark knight. Batman grabbed Slade’s foot and swung him around to slam him face-first into a steel support beam. Slade hit that beam so hard that the bottom portion of his mask broke off to reveal a smirk.

Slade got up and brushed himself off. He smiled at Batman, “I must say Batman, I am quite pleased that your skills aren’t as limited and repetitive as your former side-kick.”

Batman scowled and then rushed to attack Slade, but Slade dodged those blows gracefully and attempted to punch Batman in the gut. Batman dodged that blow and leapt away from Slade.

For a moment they stood facing each other, each in his respective fighting stance

“What did you do to the rest of the Titans? Where’s Robin?”

Slade smirked upon hearing the question.

“Oh this is interesting…,” Slade said, rather amused at how the situation was turning out, “I think that you may want to speak with my former apprentice.”

With that said Slade pulled out a small marble-sized ball and threw it into the ground, creating a smoke screen. When it dissipated, Slade was gone. Batman had many questions and he intended to get some answers.

Authoress Notes:

Hi everyone!! What did you think of the chapter? It is a little short but don’t worry too much, the next chapter will be up by the end of the week.

Replies to Reviews:

Firedoll22: Gracias. I am really glad that you like this story so much. I really wasn’t sure how people would take to the titan’s change of behavior so much but I’m glad it’s gone over good. I like the idea of bringing in titans east and making them kick Robin and Starfire’s booty so I will give it serious thought. I will be adding quite a few bad guys in the mix but don’t worry there will be much hair pulling and retribution!!

Fernnu: Thanks.

Ink Blott: ok

kagurarocks: Thank you, I love the review.

Coolcatjas: I glad that you like the story J .

They-Call-Me-Orange: BB and Raven will be back together in a few chapters time. I’m still thinking up of how that will come to pass. Thank you for reminding me about Covenant!! I had forgotten to update for so long but if you look now there is another chapter and there will be another update in about a week.

dark-demon2156: glad you like and the next update should be up in a few days.

eyeofthetempest: thanks.

Angel of Azarath: Thanks. Last chapter was probably the longest chapter that I’ve ever written, for any of my stories and I put a lot of work into it. Updates shall be a bit more frequent now.

Foxgirl12: Thank you. I’m glad that I’ve given you a new outlook on Terra.

Tenshi Takai: I’m glad that you like the story and thank you for the heads up.

Star-eye-1701: Thank you for loving the story. I glad that you liked the ‘rat bastard’ comment and I’m really glad that you like the dialog with the Beast. That took me forever to come up with.

Teen Titans Go: I’ve already got a few names but I really like Fay so I may use it in another fic of mine.

Darkofthenight: Gracias.

Little Red Ravenhood: I am happy that you think the story is fantastical. I plan on beating up Robin and Star for a while longer, I’m pretty big on hair pulling and fighting. I don’t know about the Cy/Terra pairing….maybe, maybe not. I’ll run it by my muse and see what she thinks.

otakualways: Thanks and I’m glad you liked it.

Dark Magician Grrl: While it may have been fun to rip Robin and Star to pieces, it will be more enjoyable to abuse them by way of Titans and Villains. Glad you like the story and I will update soon.