Fan Fiction ❯ Forgiven ❯ Rage ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:

I do not own the teen titans. Any oc’s are mine though, and there will be many, MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Stuff:

Hi guys!! I am so sorry that this update took so long. My computer has been behaving a bit on the wonky side as of late and I’ve had to deal with Hurricane Dennis down here in the good old sunshine state, which knocked down a ton of power lines, so that put a bit of a damper on my updates.

More Stuff:

I know some stuff about Beast Boy’s background but nothing definite so I may have gotten a few things wrong. Just a warning. So please keep the flames to a minimum. Also there will be quite a bit of cursing.

Forgiven:

Chapter 5- Rage:

The drive back to the tower was one of the most tense experiences Terra had ever had in her entire life.

Beast Boy and Cyborg had filled Terra in on everything concerning Raven. On who and what Raven was, how Slade helped her father, how Starfire and Robin distanced themselves from her, how they all stopped the apocalypse, and how she was probably thrown out.

Terra felt so sad for Raven. Never in a million years would she have thought that her friend had such a hellish existence, although everything now made sense.

The anti-social behavior, separating herself from her teammates, always meditating nonstop to control her emotions and her powers….All of it was for their benefit.

It was after that recantation that Terra just felt a smidget of hatred for Starfire and Robin make its way into her psyche.

As they neared the tower, Terra looked to her two friends.

Cyborg was so angry that he didn’t realize he was gripping the steering wheel of the T-Car so tightly that Terra was sure it would only be a matter of minutes until it snapped.

Beast Boy was flexing and un-flexing his fists and growling angrily. His teeth had turned into fangs and his eyes had a violently angry haze about them.

Terra was surprised the most by his reaction to Raven’s leaving. She remembered Raven and Beast Boy barely standing each other when she was last with them. Now Beast Boy seemed to be the most impacted by Raven’s departure.

Then again,” she thought, ‘I have been gone for almost two years, things between everyone were bound to change.

Terra then sighed. She was pretty sure what Beast Boy felt towards Raven and she wasn’t too surprised when she thought about it.

While they did do everything in their power to drive each other crazy, there always seemed to be some sort of underlying current their relationship. At first she didn’t know what it was, later on Cyborg pulled her aside and explained that no matter how much Beast Boy annoyed Raven or how many times Raven blasted Beast Boy out of the tower, they always seemed to just gravitate toward each other. Basically, they had a thing for each other and neither of them was big enough to call the other on it.

Terra then thought about her dark friend, about how lonely she must have been, how afraid she must have been to reveal her secrets.

Terra then looked towards Beast Boy with a thoughtful expression on her face.

Unbeknownst to most of the others, Beast Boy had battled loneliness and depression for a good portion of his life.

When he was younger and became ill with that dreaded surkata disease, his parents had given him a serum which saved his life. While his life was saved, it was forever changed. His skin and hair turned green, forever classifying him as different from everyone else. If that wasn’t bad enough, he also had to deal with the guilt of losing control over his animal forms the first time he transformed and killing his parents.

The both had such darkness in them, inner demons, depression and sorrow.

The more Terra pondered about her two friends, the more she realized that they had much in common. An idea quickly formed in her mind as she thought of Beast Boy and Raven:

I may have fucked things up with B, but maybe I can find a way to make the both of them happy…

“Hey B.”

He snapped out of his rage induced haze and turned to look at the blond.

“Yeah Terra?”

“You really miss her don’t you?”

Beast Boy blushed a deep crimson which mixed interestingly with his green skin.

“I can’t hide anything from you, can I?,” Beast Boy said with a sad smile, “Look Terra about us….”

Terra smiled and waved him off, “Look B, you don’t have to feel bad or anything. I know that I fucked things up between us and I know that there is no way that we can or should go back to that. Besides,” Terra said with a teasing grin, “I think you and that black bird are better suited for each other.”

“She’s right Grass Stain,” Cyborg called teasingly from the driver’s seat.

“Dudes….,” Beast Boy smiled sadly.

He was glad that he and Terra could be friends, but he was more concerned about Raven. He would give anything to get her back.

“Oh before I forget B here,” Terra got a pen and jotted a phone number onto Beast Boy’s hand.

When he looked at it quizzically Terra said, “It’s the number of the place that Raven will be staying at in Gotham. You can call her later tonight if you want.”

“Thanks.”

Beast Boy felt a slight weight lifted from his shoulders. He would be able to speak with her, hear her voice, and that helped alleviate some of his sadness. But it also had another effect, it made him angrier at Robin and Starfire for throwing her out to begin with.

They deserve death!!,” he heard the beast within him roar, “how dare they do that to our mate!!

Our mate?

Yes, young one. You may not have realized it consciously before but the dark one is perfect for the both of us.’

‘How did you know that!! I didn’t know that until a little while ago!!’

‘I am your animalistic side, child. All of your emotions, instincts and urges are a part of me. I am your primal essence, the manifestation of your ancient instincts. Naturally anyone who draws such an emotional and physical response has my undivided attention.’

‘How come we’re…well…l talking to each other? We’ve never done that before. Hell the only person capable of talking to parts of themselves is Raven.’

‘That is why I am here, child. They took our mate and they must pay.’

‘…’

‘I know that you fell the same way that I do. So why not finish them off and search for her?’

“B?,” Terra asked waving her hand in front of his face, “You there?”

“Uh...yeah,” Beast Boy snapped out of his daze, “I was just thinking.”

Terra gave him a concerned glance and then looked ahead, hoping that things didn’t get too ugly.

In the Garage of Titan Tower:

Terra was the first to get out of the car. She was followed out of the car by Beast Boy and Cyborg.

Terra had contemplated squishing Robin and Starfire under a bolder like roaches but upon seeing how pissed Beast Boy and Cyborg were, decided that she would have to be the levelheaded person in what was sure to turn into one hell of a brawl.

Normally the role of mediator was assigned to Raven, but since she wasn’t here it was going to have to be Terra.

As they walked to the door which led to the hallway, Terra took a deep breath and turned around to face the very angry male titans behind her.

“Guys,” she started, “Look I know killing those jackasses upstairs seems like a good idea, but it isn’t.”

“Terra, they deserve an ass whopping at the very least,” Cyborg ground out.

Beast Boy didn’t say anything, he was way too busy visualizing how he was going to tear Robin and Starfire to pieces.

“If you guys pound the crap out of them then you’ll get thrown out.”

“So?,” Beast Boy asked.

“Raven wouldn’t want either of you guys getting in any trouble because of her and you both know it.”

Beast Boy looked down in shame. He knew that, but he really wanted to do some permanent damage to both of those bastards.

Cyborg was silent as well, he knew that his little ‘sister’ wouldn’t want that for him or his green friend.

“Let’s just see what they have to say first, okay?,” she looked at Beast Boy in particular, “Then we can figure out what to do from there alright?”

Terra waited until both of the males nodded in agreement.

“Alright then. Let’s go.”

In the Living Room of Titan Tower:

The three of them made their way into the living room.

Robin and Starfire had been on the couch talking to each other when Terra, Cyborg and Beast Boy caught their attention.

Robin and Starfire looked at Terra with wide-eyed, open mouthed shock.

Starfire then squealed, a bit too loudly for Beast Boy’s sensitive hearing, and ran up to Terra.

“Friend Terra!! It is glorious to see you!!!,” with that Starfire pulled her into a hug, not as bone crushing as it normally was but suffocating nonetheless.

“Yeah Terra, it’s great to see you,” Robin said as he walked up to Terra.

Terra noticed out of the corner of her eye, that Cyborg was clenching and unclenching his massive fists while Beast Boy glowered at the other titans.

Starfire then pulled away from Terra, with her two hands still on Terra‘s shoulders, “Friend Terra, how did you awaken?”

“Raven used her powers to wake her up,” Beast Boy growled out.

At the mention of Raven’s name, Robin’s face became wooden and Starfire screwed her face into one of disgust.

“What?,” Robin asked.

“I said Raven brought Terra back,” Beast Boy said as calmly as he could, while trying to control the beast within him, who was urging him to turn Robin and Starfire into chew toys.

“Oh.”

Robin was at a total loss for words, Starfire was simmering in anger at the mention of Raven’s name.

“Friend Terra,” Starfire started, “You must be mistaken. There is no way that the demo--I mean Raven would have done so,” Starfire was quick to correct nearly calling Raven a demon in front of the others.

“Why not? And what were you about to call her?,” Cyborg asked, hoping that he didn’t lose it and blast Robin and Starfire.

Starfire took a second to hold back the hatred she felt for the sorceress. It was one thing to call Raven all manner of names in front of Robin, who was still quite angry with her for not revealing her past to him. It was an entirely different manner to do that in front of the others.

“Well friends,” She started, with as much sugar and sweetness in her voice as possible, “She was not fond of Terra to begin with. I do not think that it was likely that she would have gone to such measures to restore her.”

Beast Boy, Cyborg, and Terra just couldn’t respond to that for fear of killing Starfire. They also couldn’t believe what was coming out of her mouth.

Beast Boy heard the beast within him roar in fury.

‘How dare that filthy harlot disrespect our mate?!?!?! Justice must be served!! Rip her throat out!!!”

“Starfire,” Terra began, “She woke me up. I know that much and she didn’t hate me for your information. Anyway what’s this meeting thing you were calling about?”

“That’s right the meeting,” Robin composed himself quickly and began, “Raven is no longer a Titan. This shouldn’t come as a real shock to anyone here.”

“Why shouldn’t it? Raven was the most dedicated and loyal of all of us!!,” Cyborg yelled.

“Allow me to continue,” Robin said, with a hint of annoyance in his voice, “This isn’t because Raven was a half-demon. It is because she chose to keep various aspects of her past a secret from the team. Several dangerous and potentially fatal secrets from the team. She should have revealed earlier what she was, she should have revealed who her father was, she should have revealed that she herself was a potential threat to this world. There were hundreds of opportunities for her to reveal her past to us all, but she chose to lie or omit the truth. All of that is conduct unbecoming of a titan,” as Robin finished she crossed his arms and looked to the rest of the team with an impassive face.

“Robin, I know that she lied but she had good reason to,” Cyborg argued growing angrier and angrier, “What would you do if your father was the nastiest demon out there who raped your mom to make you, killed your home-world, and wanted you to aide him in calling forth the apocalypse? Let’s get real here. Hell, most of the Justice League didn’t want anything to do with her either and they are some of the strongest people in the galaxy. What would you do if you were let down by those who describe themselves as the ‘protectors’ of all that is good?”

“Yeah Robin,” Terra joined in, “What would you do if you felt that nobody wanted to help you or that there was no real hope to begin with? Hell I don’t think that I would have done anything any differently than Raven, given what she’s been through who would have? I know that you, Robin, would say that you would have done differently but there is no way that you could know how you would have acted?”

Cyborg crossed his arms and glared at Robin in defiance and anger, “Also, you didn’t have the authority to throw Raven out to begin with.”

“I’m the leader of this team and I am the one that decides who goes and who stays,” Robin ground out, obviously holding back a nasty little retort.

“Not true,” Beast Boy added, all the while telling the beast within him to shut the hell up, “Raven was- is the second in command here.”

“BB’s right,” Cyborg growled, “Titan bylaw says that in the event that a leader or second in command behaves in ‘conduct unbecoming of a titan’ the present members of the team have to be present and vote unanimously…”

“Exactly, friends,” Starfire couldn’t hold back that smirk that she had been fighting for the longest time, “As the only members present we were vested with the authority of expelling her.”

Beast Boy’s eyes widened in anger.

“YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES!!!,” he roared.

Cyborg held him down so that he wouldn‘t pounce on Starfire and Robin, “You made sure that we weren’t in the tower so that as the only members present you could throw her out!,” he said shaking his head, he couldn’t believe that they would do something like that.

Terra shook her head in disgust, “Damn Robin, beforehand that I thought that Slade was the slimiest person that I have ever met but I guess that you proved me wrong.”

That comment hit Robin and visibly stung him, “What?,” he whispered angrily.

Red X ring a bell?,” Beast Boy said coldly, “I don’t know where you get off being the moral police Robin. You lied to us, you omitted the truth from us, you didn’t trust us!! We gave you a second chance!! We didn’t throw you out!! And how about you Starfire? You didn’t tell us that you were the princess of Tamaran, which was at war with several other worlds!! What would have happened if one of your world’s enemies came after you and killed one of us or some innocent people to get to you?! Hell how about the time that you left Earth because of that whole arranged marriage thing? You were willing to abandon us and you think that you are a better person than Raven?!”

“Raven revealed everything to us!!,” Cyborg yelled, “Hell, it may have taken a little while but she had a lot of shit to deal with!! She came clean, she protected us, she nearly sacrificed her mind, body, and soul to protect us!! If anyone has earned a second chance, she has!!”

“I agree,” Terra said quietly, “Besides Robin you still haven’t told us anything about your past. None of us even know who you really are or even what color your eyes are. The only thing that we know is that you were Batman’s sidekick for a while and that alone ensures that you have dozens of enemies that would love to gun for you, regardless of where you are.”

“Don’t you dare tell me, who’s trustworthy Terra,” Robin yelled, “You betrayed us to Slade!!!!”

“And I paid for it didn’t I?!?!,” Terra yelled back, “I practically died there!!! I may have helped him sure, I will admit to that, but stopped him in the end. I stopped him from killing everyone in the city, I stopped the volcano from erupting and killing you all, I even stopped him for a while!! I paid for my sins in full and if you want to throw me into jail for anything else that I might have done, go for it. I will never deny that I fucked up big time!! But don’t you dare think that you are any better than me!! Have you ever gotten into trouble for stealing all of those computer chips for Slade? Did you get into trouble for stealing Xinoqium to power that damned Red X suit? Did you get into trouble for attacking the Titans? Even if it was to get closer to Slade, you still broke the law and you aren’t above anyone else, Robin!! You are no better than I am, so don’t you dare tell me that you are any more trustworthy than I am!!!”

As Terra finished that Robin stood back stunned, while Starfire looked furious.

Starfire’s eyes glowed a furious emerald as she marched her way up to Terra with her fists glowing.

“DON’T YOU DARE SPEAK THAT WAY TO ROBIN!!,” she screamed.

As she raised her hand to slap Terra, Terra smashed her fist into Starfire’s face sending her flying across the room.

Terra then thought to herself, ‘So much for being the levelheaded one.

The male titans just looked at her in shock.

Robin snapped out of it first and rushed across the room to check on Starfire, when he saw that she was alright, he turned to Terra, his face screwed up in cold fury, “Terra don’t you dare raise a hand toward Starfire or you will be out of the tower and in jail!!”

“That’s not going to happen Robin,” Beast Boy growled, now growing fangs, “If you throw out Terra, then I’m leaving the Titans.”

“Same here,” Cyborg said, “And I’ll give a call to Titans East so that they can find out what you did to Raven. They all love Raven and I would hate to imagine what they would do to the person who threw her out, regardless of the circumstances.”

Robin looked at a loss.

“Come on guys let’s go,” Cyborg said.

With that said he grabbed Beast Boy with one hand and Terra with the other, and left Robin and Starfire in the room.

Cyborg dragged his two friends back to the T-Car.

When they looked at him quizzically, he said, “Come on we’ve got to cool off. If we stay here there is no telling what anyone of us would do to Robin and Starfire.”

Both Beast Boy and Terra looked at him they realized that he was telling the truth and that they needed to cool off.

On the Road, a few miles from Titan Tower:

Beast Boy was staring out of the car window, depressed.

‘Why didn’t you destroy them?,’ the beast inquired.

‘Because I love Raven and I know that she wouldn’t want me to hurt anyone no matter how much they deserve it. You know that as well as I do.’

‘…’

“B?,” Terra asked, “You okay? You looked pretty spaced out.”

“I’m just thinking about Raven.”

“Don’t worry Grass Stain,” Cyborg said looking at him through the rearview mirror, “We’ll get her back.”

Beast Boy asked, his voice quivering, “What if she doesn’t want to come back?”

“That’s easy,” Terra started matter-of-factly, “If she doesn’t come back to us then we’ll go to her and drive her crazy until she comes back.”

Cyborg nodded with Terra.

Beast Boy couldn’t help but give them a smile.

He then resumed looking out the window, thinking about what Raven might be doing in Gotham City right now.

He hoped that she was safe and sound.

Authoress Note:

Hi everyone. Thanks for all of the names that you submitted. I just needed some help because I’m normally such a dummy when it comes to coming up with names for girls. I love so many of the names that you guys submitted that I had a really hard time picking just one. Thank you all so much!!

Replies to Reviews:

Ink Blottt: Thanks for the review. I’m glad that you like the fic so much. Sorry this update took so long.

dark-demon2156: Thanks. A lot of people really love this fic. I would have written it sooner, had I known that I would have gotten such a positive response from it. J

Omnidolor: Wow, I‘m blushing from all the praise. I’m glad that you love this fic. Don’t worry there will be no oc’s with names like Mary-Sue or anything else of that ilk. That would indeed be very pathetic. I love the name Razaelle and I’ve decided to use that name for an oc that will appear in a few chapters. Look out for her and tell me what you think.

DarkAngelImogen: Thanks for the review. Glad you love the story.

disappearer/Syani: I know that Starfire and Robin throwing Raven out of the titans may seem a bit on the weird side, but bear with me. They are a bit oc in this fic. I’m glad that you like whole friendship with Raven and Terra and finally you have guessed correctly, Raven will meet Batman. Thanks for reviewing.

Angel Caida: Your review is much appreciated my friend, gracias.

WolfSpirit: I fell in love with the name Kirara. Look out for her in the next chapter and tell me what you think of her.

GizmoBunny: I glad you like it. This chapter took a little while due to extraneous circumstances and also cause it was so long. The other chapters won’t take as long to update, but they may be a bit shorter.

MCBLUE: Glad you like the fic and starting next chapter Batman will play a huge role in this fic.

fernnu: I’m am happy that you like this story so much. Thanks.

Ryuu no Taiyo: Thank you so much for the idea of Beast Boy chewing Robin. I’m sorry that it didn’t happen in this chapter but that’s not to say that it may not happen a few chapters down the road (wink, wink.)

DreamerOfSin: Thanks for the glowing review. I’m glad that I got most of the characters down, with the exception of Star and Robin, but they are like that for the sake of the fic. That is normally one of my biggest worries, screwing up the characters but I’m glad that they turned out fine. I like all the names that you gave me especially Ayji. I am going to combine that name with another one for the oc in the next chapter.

Professor Curly: I’m glad that you like the story. Also I am pleased that you caught how differently Raven and Starfire reacted to having each of their home worlds destroyed. It isn’t that weird when you take their personalities into account. Raven her entire life has been trained to repress what she felt and to not express what she feels, so in a time of crisis then that sort of behavior just intensified. Starfire is the emotional opposite of Raven. She was an extrovert in every sense of the word and shared what she was feeling with everyone, so facing that situation she would not hide any anger or hatred because she is so accustomed to expressing what she feels. Also thanks for the tips on how to generate names. While I am not too good on coming up with girl names, normally I can come up with a few good ones but after my oc, Erica, I just pretty much hit a wall and was at a loss at what to do. Again thank you.

otakualways: A lot of people are totally agreeing with Beast Boy about the rat bastards.

Dark Magician Grrl: Thank you. I am glad that you like my story. Don’t worry about Raven too much, things will be picking up for her pretty soon in a few chapters.

Ayame Ito: I really loved that idea with the other titans seeing her and learned of how she brought Terra to them and I hope you like that Starfire got clocked by Terra. Thanks for the suggestions.

Little Red Ravenhood: Thanks. They aren’t being possessed by Trigon per se but they are kind of continuing his legacy of tormenting Raven, by not trusting, accepting or forgiving her. Good idea though…I may weave another fic around that premise, thanks.

AlyRaven: I am so happy that you love my fic, thank you. I love the name Linka and she will be appearing as a relative of Raven in about two chapters. Watch for her and tell me what you think.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  ;