Fan Fiction ❯ Forgiven ❯ Revelations ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:

I do not own the teen titans.

Stuff:

Wow. You guys really like my writing!! Yay!! Keep reading and reviewing guys, it inspires me to write more faster. Sorry it’s taken a little while to update. I’ve been having a few problems with my computer, but don’t worry they are fixed now.

“” = Talking

‘’ = Thoughts

Forgiven-

Chapter 4- Revelations:

As Terra saw her dark friend fly into the vast blue expanse, she let a few tears free.

“Raven….why do you have to leave?”

At a Table in the Pizza Parlor:

“Dude, was Robin acting really weird today or what?,” Beast Boy asked as he took a bit into a slice of vegetarian pizza.

“Yeah. He’s never asked us to deliver equipment to Titans East before, normally he has Bee or Speedy come and pick it up,” Cyborg added after a moment, “This has to be the first time he’s let you near any equipment. Hehe, remember that time you spilled soda all over the security controls?”

“Don’t remind me,” Beast Boy shook his head at the memory, “He doesn’t even let me near the tv remote control.”

As they threw ideas back and forth about what motivated their leader to act so oddly, they both heard a shrill screech.

As they turned to look they saw a magnificent looking black bird fly away, and staring at that bird was….Terra?

“Terra!!”

Outside the Pizza Parlor:

“Terra!!”

Terra turned around at the sound of her name and saw that Beast Boy and Cyborg were running up to her.

Terra couldn’t help but smile, “Hi guys.”

When they reached her they grabbed her and gave her a rib-cracking group hug.

“Guys…,” Terra squeaked out, “I need AIR.”

As she said that the vice-like grip of the hug lessened.

Cyborg released her from his giant bear hug while Beast Boy still clung to her in disbelief.

“Terra?,” Beast Boy asked in a small voice, “Is it really you or have I just flipped?”

“Nope, it’s me,” Terra chuckled as she wiped away a few errant tears, “Wow…Raven asked me the same thing when I woke up.”

“Raven?,” Beast Boy asked.

“Raven was there when you woke up?,” Cyborg asked.

“She was the one who healed me and woke me up,” Terra said.

“Raven…,” Beast Boy spoke her name with great respect and reverence. As he snapped out of his reverie he started looking around for the dark girl thinking that she would be somewhere near. When he saw that there was no trace of her anywhere, he felt that something was seriously wrong.

Beast Boy turned to Terra and asked, “Hey where’s Raven?”

He just couldn’t fight off the feeling that something was wrong and his question to Terra had a slightly panicked note to it.

Terra looked at Beast Boy and realized with a sinking feeling in her stomach that they didn’t know that Raven was no longer a titan.

“Terra?,” Cyborg’s rich baritone voice broke through her thoughts. He noticed the blond girl seemed to look panicked at the mention of the sorceress’s name.

Cyborg knew something had happened to his small friend, “Terra, Where is Raven?”

“You guys don’t know…Raven..,” Terra took a deep breath, “When Raven woke me up…I didn’t see you guys anywhere…I asked her where everyone else was…and she told me that…that…,” Terra couldn’t continue the sentence.

“Is Raven okay?,” Beast Boy asked shaking Terra a bit, now really worried about Raven, “Is she okay?”

“Raven…told me that she…that she wasn’t a titan anymore…and that she was leaving the city”

They both looked thunderstruck at that declaration.

Terra continued, “..I don’t know the details but…I…she looked so sad when she told me that. Like someone crushed her heart or something…I think she was kicked out,” Terra said quietly, “She didn’t tell me why she wasn’t a titan but I‘m pretty sure that‘s what happened, that she was kicked out.”

Cyborg was shocked.

Beast Boy on the other hand, while equally shocked at first, quickly became angry.

Both Beast Boy and Cyborg looked at each other and in that instant figured out what had happened.

Ever since Trigon was defeated Starfire and Robin had been behaving awfully towards Raven.

Starfire couldn’t forgive Raven for being Trigon’s daughter. To Starfire, Raven was a living, breathing reminder of Trigon. Their close friendship, which bordered on sisterhood was now dead. The happy, sweet Starfire that the team had known for years seemed to have died and left behind an angry, venomous likeness.

Starfire’s behavior wasn’t the only thing that was different about her either. Since her powers were affected by her emotions and since her emotions seemed so fundamentally altered lately, it really wasn’t surprising to the rest of the team when she was no longer able to fly or use her laser eyes. She was still able to use her star bolts but they were only at about 1/3 of their original strength.

Robin was just plain old pissed at Raven. He would not let go of the fact that Raven had kept her past a secret to the entire team for so long. He would not listen to her reasons for keeping her secret.

Beast Boy and Cyborg had been in Nevermore and seen firsthand the terror and shame she felt for being a half-demon. They had been around Raven 24/7 since she revealed her secret and had seen the anger, the shame, and hatred that she held for her self. They, Beast Boy especially, had seen the suicidal depression that Raven had hid so well from the rest of the team for so many years, that seemed to intensify as the day of her prophecy drew near.

While Starfire and Robin had separated from Raven emotionally, Beast Boy and Cyborg had closed ranks around her, in essence becoming the sword and shield that protected her from harm.

Beast Boy and Cyborg were a bit uneasy when this morning, Robin had ordered them to take a bunch of security equipment to Titans East headquarters, install it, and do some troubleshooting on the equipment. Normally Robin would have Bumblebee or Speedy come and get the equipment and that was the end of that.

They didn’t question Robin’s orders although they were suspicious. Robin was the leader of the titans after all so even if he did issue an order that they were a bit suspicious of they did have to comply.

When they arrived at Titans East, their feeling of unease just grew. Bumblebee took the equipment and told them that she would take care of it.

They had just gotten into the city about half an hour ago and decided to eat some pizza as they discussed their leader’s odd behavior.

Pretty soon after that they met up with Terra and were told that Raven was no longer a titan.

That meant that Robin and Starfire had wanted them out of the tower so that they could kick Raven out of the titans.

This realization hit them with the force of a bus.

“So that bird that we saw you staring at was…,” Beast Boy trailed off not wanting to confirm that Raven had left them, left him.

“Yeah. It was Raven,” Terra confirmed sadly.

Beast Boy and Cyborg were silent for several long minutes.

Then all of a sudden Beast Boy screamed, “THOSE RAT BASTARDS!!!!,” startling both Cyborg and Terra.

Everything at the pizza parlor became suddenly quiet. People were staring with shock at Beast Boy. No one had ever seen the affable and lovable changeling like this before.

Beast Boy grabbed Cyborg’s right arm, Terra’s left arm and dragged them both to the T-Car, so that they could continue their conversation in private.

It was then that Beast Boy and Cyborg’s communicators went off.

Cyborg opened his communicator which revealed an expressionless Robin.

“Cyborg is Beast Boy there with you?”

“Yeah he is. So is Te-”

“Both of you are to report to the tower immediately, Robin out.”

With that they both looked to Terra.

Terra sighed sadly and then looked up to the two male titans.

“Let’s go home guys and hear what the ‘rat bastards’ have to say,”

 

Author Note:

Hi guys!! I have a bit of a request. I will be creating another female oc but I can’t think of a good enough name for her. Any suggestions?

Replies to Reviews:

ShelsSMG: Thanks. Also don’t worry there are many more chapters to come.

Dark Magician Grrl: I’m glad that you like my story so much. I really wasn’t too sure how others would take to a Raven and Terra friendship due to how antagonistic their relationship is on the cartoon. I shall update soon.

Angel Caida: Updates are coming up.

GIRL IN STORY: Yay!! Thanks for the compliments. I was worried about how well the dialog would flow but it seems that my worrying was for naught. The next installment *wink* will be a real kicker.

Little Red Ravenhood: Thanks. Raven will be okay and Cy, BB, and Terra will find her in about two or three chapters.

Ayame Ito: I’m happy that you like the story. I liked your suggestion for the other titans seeing Raven in her raven form. I hope I didn’t mess it up. Tell me how you like it.