Fan Fiction ❯ Forgiven ❯ Reconciliation ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:

I do not own the teen titans. The Black Bird is my creation and Erica is my shameless attempt at inserting myself in my own story.

Stuff:

I like the responses I’ve gotten for this. Yay!! Makes me happy!!!! Read and review people, it’s what keeps me going.

“” = Talking

‘’ = Thoughts

Forgiven-

Chapter 3- Reconciliation

Terra looked down from her stone perch to see the very last person she ever expected to see…Raven.

Their eyes locked and for a second everything froze.

Blue to Violet, Violet to Blue.

Past events were forgiven in that moment and a new understanding between the two of them was forged.

Then without warning, Raven crumpled down to the ground and passed out.

“Raven?,” Terra called out, worried and confused.

Terra jumped down from her perch and rushed over to Raven to make sure that she was alright.

She got Raven and gently put her head on her lap.

Terra carefully scrutinized Raven and saw that, with the exception of a few cuts on her palms, Raven was okay. It was then that she saw that Raven wasn’t in her usual attire of a cloak and a leotard, Raven was in normal everyday clothing and on the floor next to her was a red backpack.

Terra looked around and didn’t see any of the other titans anywhere which only fueled her confusion.

‘Weird,’ Terra thought.

After a few minutes Raven began to stir.

“T…Terra?,” Raven asked, still quite exhausted, “Is that really you? or am I hallucinating?”

“Yup, it’s really me,” Terra replied with a smile as she helped the girl up.

“Good it worked.”

“What worked? Where is everyone else?”

Terra noticed a dark look flash across the black bird’s face.

“Do you remember that battle with Slade?,” Raven waited until she saw Terra nod, “Well after we left I sensed your life essence dying so I encased you in a special stone from Azarath called uretszui, which for all intents and purposes puts you in an enchanted sleep until all of your wounds are healed.”

“So…so you saved my life?,” Terra stammered out mystified, “After everything that I did to you? Why?”

“I…I just didn’t want you to die,” was Raven’s simple response.

“Oh…well…,” Terra looked around trying to think of something to break the awkward silence that had fallen around them.

Raven broke that silence, “As for the others….I…I am no longer a Titan.”

Terra’s jaw dropped in shock at that newsflash, “WHAT?”

“Yeah…,” Raven said sadly, “Let’s just saw that I had a few demons in my past literally come back to screw me over big time.”

“Oh come on Raven, you?,” Terra said incredulously.

“Everyone has a past Terra, I am no different,” Raven informed her, then she examined Terra, “Now lets see what we can do about your outfit.”

“Huh? What are you talking about?”

“You can’t just go marching into the city with that uniform on. It’ll turn into a mob scene in no time if you do. Stand perfectly still and imagine what you would like to wear.”

Terra closed her eyes and when she opened them she saw that she was indeed in her normal attire. That consisted of her trademark black shirt with a yellow ‘T,’ her goggles, khaki shorts, and sneakers.

“Wow, now this is a trick that should really come in handy.”

“Come on lets go,” Raven said picking up her backpack.

“Where to? You said that you weren’t a titan anymore.”

“Let’s just go into the city for now. I’m guessing that you could use some fresh air and something to eat, you’ve been in that rock for a year and a half.”

“Woah…really? That long?”

“Yes. Before now I wasn’t strong enough to heal you on my own. Your injuries…you would not have survived those injuries, so I had to leave you in there until you were healed enough for me to get you out of there.”

Terra gazed at Raven with a thoughtful expression on her face, then rushed up to her and pulled her into a bone crunching hug.

“Terra!,” Raven squeaked out, “I need to BREATHE!!”

“Oops,” Terra said as she released Raven with a slight smile on her face, “Sorry about that.”

“Yeah….,“ Raven treated her to a mock glare, “Lets get going.”

The Black Bird Bar/Café:

“Woah,” Terra said examining the huge building that Raven had led her to.

It didn’t look like much from the outside, in fact it looked like a condemned warehouse. The inside was an incredible contrast though. The inside was painted a rich burgundy color and the floors were hardwood.

To the left side of the warehouse there was a café and a small stage area were, Terra assumed, its patrons could go and read poetry. On the wall of that section there were about 12 booths with black leather seats and dark mahogany wood tables.

To the right side of the warehouse there was a bar and a large dance floor were its patrons could go and dance. It looked like any other trendy bar area and some of its patrons were already hitting the bar and the dance floor even though it was still early afternoon.

Terra stood there just looking at it all when Raven grabbed her hand and led her to the café portion of the warehouse.

They took a seat in one of the booths and Terra was happy to find that the leather seats were comfortable.

An tanned young woman with brown/black hair and horn rimmed glasses approached them with a smile on her face.

“Hey Raven, haven’t seen you in a little while. Who’s your friend?”

“Hi Erica. Been pretty busy as of late and this is Terra. Terra this is Erica, she owns the place.”

“Nice to meet you Erica,” Terra said, “This is one awesome place, what’s it called?”

“Hey thanks, this is The Black Bird, named after our dear friend Raven here.”

Terra looked to Raven who was blushing, “Since when have you had a bar named after you?”

“Since she saved all of our asses from those hive rejects. They trashed the place a while ago and Raven here took care of them.”

“Cool.”

“I wanted to give her a reward but she refused to I decided to name the bar after her when I had it remodeled. By the way what will you guys be having?”

Raven spoke up first, “I’ll have some herbal tea and Erica, please stop telling that story, it gets embarrassing after a while.”

“What’s so embarrassing about it? You’re a hero and I think it’s about time that you take in a little glory. Don’t you think so Terra?”

“Yeah definitely. By the way Erica do you guys have anything good to eat?”

“Yup. I recommend some of our world famous cake, how about it”

“Sounds great, I’ll have a slice.”

“Okay and Raven?,” Erica asked suddenly looking at Raven with a motherly glint in her eyes.

“Yes?”

“I’m giving you a slice too, you are way too damn skinny for your own good.”

“Yeah sure, thank you mom,” Raven said with an eye roll.

“Your welcome sweetie,” Erica said with a huge smile.

After Erica scurried off to take care of their orders, Raven looked at Terra with an apologetic look in her eyes.

“Hey Terra?”

“Yeah?”

“I…I’m sorry.”

“Sorry?,” Terra echoed with a look of confusion all over her face, “For what?, if anyone’s apologizing for anything it should be me.”

“I’m sorry….for not being a good friend. I was….jealous, I guess of you and….and…”

“Beast Boy?,” Terra offered gently.

Terra had learned of Raven’s attraction for the changeling from Cyborg a while back. When she learned of it she was shocked that the sorceress could like him of all people and understood why Raven didn’t like her.

Raven looked at her shocked, “You knew?”

“Cyborg told me about it a week before I…left to fight for…well, you know.”

“Oh…,” Raven said softly before getting back on track, “Well, like I was saying before: I‘m sorry for being such a jealous maniac. It was because of that I didn’t help you when you needed it. I could have helped you learn to control your powers or I could have just been there for you when you needed it and I…I just wanted you to know that I am sorry.”

“Raven…,” Terra said as she reached across the table and took Raven’s hands into hers, “It’s okay. You don’t have to apologize. All of that is in the past and there’s no use in bothering with it. Let’s just look to the future from now on, okay?”

Raven smiled at her, “Alright. Friends?”

“Yeah, Friends.”

“Good.”

They both smiled.

Terra looked at her with a thoughtful expression and asked, “Hey Raven? Um…what’s with all of the emotion and stuff? Last time I saw you smile you almost blew me up.”

“Well,” Raven chuckled at the memory, “I finally got control over my powers.”

“Really? That’s great Raven!! When?”

“A few weeks ago actually.”

“That’s awesome!! We should celebrate!!”

Erica then arrived with two slices of marble cake and a cup of herbal tea and served them to the two girls.

“Yes!! Cake!! Just we need for our celebration.”

Erica looked at them curiously, “What are you guys celebrating?”

“Didn’t you know? Our dear little black bird here has just gained absolute control over her powers!!”

“Really?!,” Erica turned at Raven with a huge smile on her face, “Since when?”

“A few weeks ago,” Raven mumbled suddenly worried at her two friends who were grinning at her conspiratorially.

“Okay it’s decided,” Erica said, “After you finish your little snack, WE PARTY!!!”

That scream got the attention of everyone in the warehouse who cheered at the mention of a party.

“YEAH!!,” Terra screamed in agreement.

Raven just sank into her seat, watching Erica and Terra egg each other on and wondering how those two maniacs just took over.

Sometime Later Around the Pizza Parlor:

Raven and Terra were walking down the street near the pizza parlor chatting amiably. Raven looked tired but happy and Terra was still jumping around from the party.

“I can’t believe you and Erica made me lead a conga line,” Raven said looking at Terra.

Terra gave a laugh, “Oh man did you look like a deer in the headlights when the party started.”

“Uh huh,” Raven gave her a glare.

Raven then stopped, Terra looked at her with a quizzical face.

“Terra,” Raven said with a heavy sigh, “This is as far as I go.”

“What do you mean?”

“Beast Boy and Cyborg are in the pizza parlor. Go meet up with them and get back to your life.”

“What about you? You are my friend now, you are a part of my life!,” Terra exclaimed.

“Terra, I am no longer a titan. That part of my life is over. Being a titan is still your life, sure it may have been put on hold for a while but it is still a part of your life,” Raven said looking as though she were about to cry.

Terra pulled her into a hug and whispered, “You’re my friend Raven. I’m not letting you go.”

Raven saw the resolution in those cerulean eyes and smiled.

“Look here’s the number of the place I’ll be staying at. If you ever need to reach me or if you just want to talk…,” Raven said placing a small slip of paper.

Terra shook her head in understanding. She didn’t say anything because she didn’t think that she could trust herself not to cry.

Terra took a deep breath calming herself down for a moment and asked, “Where are you going to go?”

“Gotham City,” replied Raven.

“Why there?”

“I’m too well known here. Over there I’m just another face in the crowd and, who knows?, maybe I’ll be able to live a normal life.”

“Oh..”

“Bye Terra,” Raven said with a hug.

“Bye Raven,” Terra said with a squeeze.

Raven broke the embrace to wipe several thick tears out of her face and with a final smile to her friend, turned into a raven and flew to the front of the parlor. Terra chased after her friend crying. When Terra reached the front of the parlor, Raven screeched loudly getting everyone’s attention in the parlor before finally flying away.

Terra watched her friend fly away and turned when she heard someone call her name.

She saw Beast Boy and Cyborg rushing towards her.

“Terra!!,” They both screamed.

Terra smiled, with tears in her eyes, and said, “Hi guys.”

Replies to Reviews:

ShelsSMG: Thanks. I think that I’ve gotten their characters down for the most part but I’ll tweak them a bit to be more in their character. Thanks for the advice.

DarkAngelImogen: Thank you.

Dark Magician Grrl: Thanks. I’ve always felt that Raven and Terra were very much alike and that they could have been great friends. Unfortunately I haven’t seen this reflected in the show so I’ve decided to take matters into my own hands and make a fic in which they were friends.

AlyRaven: I’m glad you like the fic. To me they were just too similar to just forever hate each other. I mean, they have so much in common and similar problems with their abilities. I’ve felt that, as friends, they could connect with each other more than Raven could connect, friendship wise, with any of the other titans.