Fan Fiction ❯ Forgiven ❯ Revival ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:

I don’t own the teen titans. I wish I did but I don’t.

Stuff:

Just the usual story reminders.

Trigon is dead and Raven has total control over emotions and powers.

This story is a Raven/Terra friendship tale and a BB/Rae romance tale.

Starfire and Robin are not going to be portrayed in a favorable light in this fic.

Raven is 17 ½, Terra is 18 (she was 18 when she was petrified,) BB is 19, Robin is 20, Starfire is 21, and Cyborg is 22.

One more thing: I am not going to really follow the tv show or the comic book to any true extent. I get the preexisting story and twist it to suit my own needs. So people please keep the flames to a minimum, okay?

Forgiven-

Chapter 2- Revival:

Raven had just left her old life as a titan.

Well, to be honest, she had been thrown out of the titans.

Two months ago:

Raven had just revealed every detail of her conception, father, and fate to her friends.

Robin was floored by all of this information. His jaws dropped, his eyes widened and for several long minutes he was speechless.

Starfire looked at Raven as though she were Trigon himself and left the room with a look of hate and disgust in her eyes. Raven was surprised to feel such hate practically burning from the normally happy girl.

Cyborg just went up to her and gave her a bear hug.

He said, as he released her, “I’m glad you told us, that had to be hard. Look,” he tilted her head up with his large mechanical hand, “I don’t give a damn if you are the devil incarnate. You’re practically my little sister and there is no way I’m ever turning my back on you, so stop looking at my like a ran over BB.”

Raven couldn’t help but give a small smile at that. Cyborg had always been able to make her feel better, just as a big brother would.

Beast Boy just walked up to her and gave her a gentle loving hug. “Raven,” he started, “I don’t care what you are and I don’t care who your father is. To me you are Raven, my friend and I will do whatever it takes to help you.”

He gave her such a loving gaze with those warm emerald eyes that Raven couldn’t help it, she started to cry.

This shocked all of the titans, except for Starfire who had left the room and Beast Boy, who seemed to sense that she needed a soft place to fall.

Things started to fly around and explode and melt.

“It’s okay Rae. You can come to me if you need to, I won’t ever turn you away.”

She nodded and taking in a deep breath regained control of her powers.

Robin left saying that he needed to do some research on Trigon in order to find out any possible weaknesses.

Beast Boy and Cyborg stayed by her side for the rest of the night.

They took her out to eat, the to the movies, and they did the impossible, they were able to take her mind off of her terrible fate for one evening.

Raven had lost her mother, her home-world, and countless friends to Trigon before, she resolved to never allow that to happen again.

She could only hope that they would want to stay as her friends when the end came.

Present Time- Slade’s Old Hideout/Terra’s Tomb:

Raven appeared outside the cavern that had become Terra’s tomb.

As she walked towards the inner chamber that held Terra’s statue, a multitude of thoughts ran through her head.

Raven’s POV:

This is the first time that I have gone here since her betrayal, sacrifice and redemption.

I couldn’t risk it before I got control over my emotions and my powers, I couldn’t risk it before Trigon was dead once and for all. If I did, then there was a chance that I may unintentionally damage or destroy her statue and hence, permanently destroy any chance of bringing her back.

Terra…

I don’t think that I’ve ever truly hated Terra.

Sure I may have been angry beyond belief at her actions but she made up for her betrayal in the end.

I think that the reason that I can’t hate her is that, as much as I may deny it, we are quite a bit alike.

For the duration of our lives, our powers have been out of control, neither of us have had a mother or a father to love us in our younger years, and we were forced to become adults long before we should have.

In the end, our situations weren’t all too different.

We were both compelled to destroy the world, her by Slade, me by my father.

Her destiny was the result of unfortunate coincidence and decisions made by desperation.

My destiny was the result of unfortunate coincidence and decisions made by desperation.

I can’t truly hate her for going to over to Slade’s side. He offered her an out from her painful life.

He offered to be her family in a sense. A person that she could turn to and listen to. Someone who wouldn’t judge her past actions. Someone who would instead tell her to look to the future and to leave the past behind.

In hindsight, I see that when I was a Titan, I was arrogant.

Back then, I thought, either you behaved like a “good guy” or you behave like a “bad guy,” I suppose that anyone who was having problems controlling their powers and wasn’t sure were to turn may have been put off by us.

Hindsight is a funny thing, you can only see the obvious after it’s bitten you in the ass.

I suppose my expulsion from the team is a punishment of sorts.

I hadn’t told the team about my past.

I hadn’t told the team of my “family.”

I hadn’t told the team of my destiny.

I was deceptive, secretive, and nearly destroyed the world.

All of these actions, by my own definitions, made me a “bad guy.”

 

Like I said hindsight is a funny thing.

Even though I have done wrong, that doesn’t mean that I can’t set things right.

Familiar, huh?

I think that had I been more open, more receptive and helpful to Terra, we could have been great friends.

I should have been a better friend.

I shouldn’t have been as horribly jealous as I was that she and Beast Boy started going out.

These are my wrong doings and I am going to set things right.

Terra….

She willingly sacrificed herself without a second thought to save us all.

When I felt her life essence dying I made the decision to save her life by encasing her in petrifying her in uretszui (that’s a type of stone from Azarath with magical properties,) which would heal her wounds with its mystical properties.

She had so many wounds all over her body, nearly all fatal, so she would not break free of her stone shell until all of the wounds were entirely healed.

She was brain dead, her lungs punctured, many of her bones crushed, and those were just the more obvious injuries. There were thousands of other smaller fractures all over her skeletal frame and massive internal bleeding.

Before I defeated Trigon, my healing powers normally couldn’t heal, at best, than a few broken bone and, at worst, nothing more than a few scrapes. My healing powers, like all of my other powers were governed by my emotions and could potentially be manipulated by Trigon.

There was no way in this world, or any other, that I would allow him to hurt her so I decided to allow the spell to take it’s normal course.

I sense that the healing is nearly complete and now that my powers are under my full control, I can heal the rest of the wounds and bring her back.

Back to 3rd Person:

As Raven reached Terra’s statue, she stopped and looked up to the eyes of the statue that was Terra.

Raven then took off her backpack and rummaged through it until she took out a dagger.

She lightly ran the blade through the palms of her hands. After doing so she levitated to Terra and ran her bloody hands on Terra’s stone countenance.

Raven then floated back to the ground and began chanting in Azrathian.

“Azarath don rimetzu, Metrion al ilunil, Zinthos fi kinan, ola sitzu xi na merti colni al anan piy, Terra.”

(Translation: Azarath’s soil healing the wounds, Metrion’s light dispelling the darkness, Zinthos’s kiss awakening the sleeping, spirits give me the strength to bring back the brave geomancer, Terra.)

Vicious winds began to whip around the statue.

Dust and rocks started flying everywhere temporarily blinding Raven.

After about a minute the winds died down revealing Terra, free from her stone casing.

Raven sank down to the floor out of exhaustion.

Before she passed out due to exhaustion, Raven felt a smile grace her lips when she heard Terra call out, “Raven?”

Replies to Reviews:

disappearer/Syani: While Robin is being rational, in this story, he’s a bit too rational, if that makes any sense. Focusing on the problems and actions rather than the emotions and motivations that led Raven to make the decisions that she did, in other words, I made him more unsympathetic to Raven. Also while Starfire might understand in normal circumstances, in this story her planet was destroyed by Trigon. She is, for the time being, consumed with rage and the need for revenge and even though Trigon is dead in this story, she still wants him to pay. As to everyone but BB figuring out her origins…in the show, he may have been one of the more oblivious titans, but I’m going to change that quite a bit.

GIRL IN STORY: thanks. I thought so too.

GGGHappyRabbitGirl: I have a few chapters for this already written out. I just normally pass them through a buddy of mine so I can get her insight so it may take a little while to update sometimes, depending on how quickly she gives me her two cents.

Dark Magician Grrl: thanks

wazzuppeeps: In all of the fics that I read Robin and Starfire are nearly always the good guys, so what led me to write this fic was the thought of “Gee, I wonder what would happen if I made Robin into total and utter bastards?” and that train of thought resulted in this fic.