Fan Fiction ❯ Forgiven ❯ Rejection ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:

I don’t own the teen titans. I wish I did but I don’t.

Stuff:

Another story…..geez, when I start churning out stories it really doesn’t stop…..so much stuff in brain…..can’t handle….overload…AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Trigon is dead and Raven has total control over emotions and powers.

This story is a Raven/Terra friendship tale and a BB/Rae romance tale.

Starfire and Robin are not going to be portrayed in a favorable light in this fic.

For those of you who don’t like it, vamoose.

Forgiven-

Chapter 1 - Rejection:

It has been a full year and a half since Terra sacrificed herself to safe the Titans, Jump City and to take down Slade.

It has been two months since Raven revealed demonic heritage and the part she was to play in the impending apocalypse.

It has been two weeks since they all destroyed Trigon,.

It has been one hour since she was kicked out of the Titans.

Two Hours Ago:

Raven had been avoiding her fellow titans for the past two weeks, since the defeat and utter destruction of her father, Trigon. She had been ashamed to show her face around them. She never intended for them to learn the truth behind her background in the manner in which they did.

It was when she walked to the kitchen for her morning cup of herbal tea, that she saw Starfire and Robin waiting for her.

They were both staring at her.

Robin’s face was totally blank and there was no indication as to what he was thinking.

Starfire glared at her with total and utter disgust and hatred.

Beast Boy and Cyborg, oddly weren’t there, commencing their daily tofu/meat standoff.

“Hi guys,” Raven said softy, “Where’s Beast Boy and Cyborg?”

“I had them deliver a bunch of security equipment to Titans East last night. They are going to need a few days to set it all up and make sure that it works,” Robin answered in an icy voice.

“Oh..”

As Raven walked towards the cupboard to get her mug her path was blocked by an angry Starfire.

“Raven,” Robin called her.

He directed her towards him and once she was in front of him, he held out his hand and said, “Give me your communicator Raven, you are no longer a member of the Teen Titans.”

Raven looked at him wide eyed. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing, there was no way that this could be true!! It had to be some sort of a sick joke.

“Don’t look so surprised demoness Raven,” Starfire said from behind her. Starfire had put as much acid and hate as she could into the word demoness, causing Raven visibly flinch.

“Why…..,” Raven asked. Actually she wanted to say more but she just couldn’t get the words out.

“Raven, you kept your connection to Trigon a secret from this entire team for years. By doing so you put Earth at risk. That is conduct unbecoming of a Titan,” Robin said, his voice now devoid of emotion, although she sensed anger and betrayal burning off of him.

Raven looked to the floor, suddenly sick to her stomach. Her eyes were moist and there were several fat tears rolling down her face.

He continued, “He was the single most terrible entity to ever exist in the universe and was a threat to this world because you were here. What if we hadn’t been able to defeat him? What then, huh?”

Starfire added, “We were a team together!!! How could you not trust us with this knowledge?”

Raven didn’t respond to her. She knew that Starfire’s hatred of her ran far deeper than a mere betrayal of trust.

Nearly a year ago Trigon had destroyed Tamaran.

No one knew he was coming and even there was warning that he was coming, it was highly doubtful that anything could have been done.

After news of Tamarans’ destruction had reached Starfire, she had sworn that she would kill Trigon and all of his bastard demon children.

Raven could only imagine Starfire’s shock at discovering that one of those ‘bastard demon children’ she had vowed to kill was her best friend.

Seeing that Raven wasn’t going to respond to them, Robin said, “You have 1 hour to pack up your things and leave your communicator. If you’re still here by then you will be treated like any other intruder.”

With that said Robin and Starfire stalked off, never looking back.

Raven ran to her room, stifling sobs the entire way.

As she entered her room and closed the door behind her, she slid down and sobbed non-stop for a good fifteen minutes. Then remembering how much time she had, decided to pack her belongings.

Raven voice quivered as she chanted a spell that place all of her belongings into a small red backpack.

That took all of three minutes.

The only things that were left in her old room was her bed and the bare shelves that held her large collection of books.

Before she left the room she looked down at her body. She was still wearing her titans outfit. She wrapped the cloak around her body and chanted “Azarath Metrion Zinthos.”

Her cloak glowed for a moment and disappeared revealing her new outfit, which consisted of pale blue flared jeans, a white tank top that reached down to her midsection, broken in knee high leather boots, and a worn brown leather jacket.

Raven knew that before she began her new life, away from Jump City, there was one thing that she had to do.

With that thought in mind she slung her backpack over her right shoulder and teleported to her next destination.