Fan Fiction ❯ Forgiven ❯ Empathy's Burden ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don’t own the teen titans.

Stuff: This chapter is a little rushed but I wanted to update…I may add a bit more later.

02 Empathy’s Burden:

The moment that Beast Boy ventured into the room, Raven cracked an eye open and trained it on him immediately. Raven had passed out, but the changeling’s presence had called her back to the land of consciousness.

Raven couldn’t help but smile a little. Beast Boy always made her feel better, even while telling those horrendous jokes.

Raven’s smile grew a little as she saw that the normally fearless changeling was tiptoeing in her room with a small degree of nervousness. He was such a knucklehead…a sweet, caring, adorable knucklehead…

Raven could hear Love give a small giggle and mentally sighed. There was no way to deny it but she had fallen for the spinach. Raven could hear her emotions cheering at that fact that she had gone past denial.

Yes, Raven admitted to herself, she loved Beast Boy.

She was now officially insane and she found that she didn’t care.

Before she got too lost in trying to ignore the party in her head, her attention trained to Beast Boy who was gazing at her with nothing but concern. She felt her heart wretch a little, she wanted to believe that he loved her.

Often, she would entertain scenarios in her mind of her confessing her love for the changeling and he confessing his love for her and they would live happily ever after. While her empathy would normally sense if such were the case, Beast Boy was a very special case. Raven was not able to read his emotions with her abilities...well not to the same degree as the other’s. She wasn’t entirely certain as to why, but theorized that his more animalistic genetics allowed him to think, feel and function on a deeper level than normal humans. The instincts that he lived by were not something that Raven could read easily. He seemed to operate and feel on a deeper and more profound level.

That made him more of an enigma to her and Raven loved it.

As Raven continued the analysis in her mind, she felt a sudden and deep stab of pain in her stomach. She bit down on her lip to stop the whimper of pain that nearly broke free and curled into a little ball in a defensive stance.

Beast Boy sensed that something was wrong and sensed her pain immediately.

“Raven!!,” Beast Boy yelled as he ran over to her side, “Raven what’s wrong?!,” as Beast Boy leaned over to look as her face, he saw the streams of tears washing down her face.

Beast Boy quickly scooped her up in his arms, worried and slightly marveling at how tiny the powerful half-demoness in his arms was. As he started walking to leave the room and to go the med-bay he heard a small, “Please stop Gar.”

Beast Boy looked at her stunned that she referred to him by his first name and was about to ask why when she beat him to the punch.

“Gar, I’m alright really…I-I’m not sick,” Raven spoke softly and she extracted herself from his arms.

Beast Boy looked at her clearly not believing a word that she was saying.

“Please…leave…,” Raven spoke, her voice far softer then Beast Boy had ever heard it.

“Raven…just tell me what’s wrong…I want to help you…”

“Gar you can’t help me. Nobody can. It is Empathy’s burden,” she continued with her hair shielding her face from his, “Now please just leave…I need to meditate.”

Beast Boy looked at Raven for a while and decided for one to obey. He knew that when Raven was like this, there was no way that he would get any answers.

“Okay,” Beast Boy agreed. Raven looked at him clearly surprised that he had given in so easily.

“But,” Beast Boy continued, “Eventually you have to tell me…Alright?”

Raven considered it for a moment and nodded.

Beast Boy walked out of the room, the automatic door closing behind him, “Empathy’s burden?…Huh…I gotta talk to Cy later.”