Fan Fiction ❯ Forgiven ❯ Lair of the Raven ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:

I do not own the Teen Titans.

Stuff:

Umm…yeah…I haven’t watched the teen titans for a while…I don’t have cable…

01 Lair of the Raven-

Beast Boy was walking along the corridor to his room when his sensitive nose picked up on something. He delicately sniffed the air for a few moments, his face was set with slight puzzlement.

‘What is that?,’ he mused and then thought on it. The smell was slightly salty and had a tones of sadness to it. The tears were fresh. Who could be crying?

“Let’s see…,“ Beast Boy thought out loud, “Cyborg’s been in the garage all day…I think Robin and Starfire are out…Raven…I haven’t seen her all day…”

A few more sniffs confirmed that the scent was indeed Raven’s. Beast Boy frowned slightly, ever since the whole Trigon episode Raven ad taken to holing herself up in her room much more than was normal for her. That was a source of real worry for him.

Not that he could really blame her now that he thought about it.

Robin and Starfire had been acting weird. Well weirder than they normally did, though Beast Boy was yet to really identify what was up with them. The only thing that he knew was that he didn’t want to be anywhere near them.

Beast Boy’s inner beast constantly howled for their blood, not that he got any, but that was besides the point. The beast absolutely hated them with an undying fury, that went beyond anything that he had ever felt before. Even thoughts of Terra’s betrayal and ‘death’ paled in comparison.

Now more than ever, Beast Boy was ever so thankful that Raven taught him how to block that out. Otherwise there would be two less titans in the world and it was obviously very bad PR to just go and slaughter his teammates, especially if a voice in his head told him to do so.

‘Raven…,’ he thought, ‘What’s wrong?’

With that in mind he walked in the direction heading to Raven’s room, hoping that he could help her somehow. It just didn’t seem fair that she was always hurting.

Soon Beast Boy found himself at Raven’s looming door. He always wondered why the door seemed so very…powerful…somehow…

Perhaps it was a testament to how powerful she was or maybe…

Maybe it was an embodiment of how serious the quiet girl was. Raven was always serious whether it be in sadness, angst or peace. She was as deeply set as the tides of the ocean and that was what he loved about her. She was his counterbalance in so many ways.

If he was angry and erratic, she would be peaceful and serene.

Somehow she always made everything alright. Raven was always there to soothe his pain and turn it into happiness. Raven was the only person who calmed the beast within him.

He didn’t know what he would do without her…

Beast Boy felt very strongly for the girl, yet he was still a little unsure of labeling it love. Love was a very, very powerful emotion and a very binding one for him. He thought that he loved Terra and when that blew up in his face he nearly didn’t survive. The next time that he claimed one as his love, as his mate, there would be no going back.

Mate?,’ Beast Boy stopped himself, ‘Where did that come from?’

Shrugging of that train of thought for the time being, Beast Boy lightly rapped on the door only to be greeted with silence. That wasn’t really out of the norm but there was a slight nagging at his consciousness that told him to make sure that he was alright.

“Raven?,” he called, “You okay?”

Again silence greeted him.

“Raven?!,” Beast Boy called slightly louder, now feeling worried although not really knowing why. When they were younger it was common for her to ignore any disturbance at her door.

Beast Boy bit his lower lip anxiously and decided to bite the bullet. He punched in the override code to Raven’s room. When the door opened he was greeted with the scent of tears, lots of sadness…and…pain…lots of it…

Anxiously he crept into the room hoping that Raven wouldn’t mind him intruding in her lair.