Fan Fiction ❯ Friends- The MOVIE!! Wait... no... ❯ Part Two- The Unexplainable ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The first few days were the hardest. Terrin, trying his best to keep to Pagasis' request, tried his best to keep Esthenia company. When about a week passed, after a while, however, he was starting to get frustrated. She was definitely a load to put up with. She didn't like being around him too much. Every time he attempted to do something with her, she backed out.

"Man, you know what?" Dracos asked a few nights later while they all gathered up at the bar to play some pool. "This isn't as interesting without him playing too. He's the only one who can kick my ass."

"Those hooves have got to hurt…" Tsuniker said jokingly.

"He'll be fine." Sheirow said. He and Mupo were playing the Pac-Man game, still trying to beat the high score. "Remember, he'll be out in about two weeks. That's a good thing."

"I suppose so." Zera said. For once, she wasn't her usual, hyper self.

Terrin was by himself. Unlike the others, he knew the real reason why Pagasis was still there. He wasn't about to tell them either.

Umie, who was back to her usual self if not worse, was very ashamed about the whole accident.

"I should have known." she had said. "I can't believe I ran into it just like that!"

Terrin did his best to comfort her too. He guessed after a while it was in his nature to do so. He still couldn't see why Pagasis thought that she was like Esthenia. He didn't see much of a resemblance in their attitudes. Then again, he knew that Pagasis seemed to know a lot, so he wasn't going to doubt him just yet.

"Come on Terrin." Zera said, wrapping her arm around his neck. "Cheer up!"

Terrin could smell the alcohol on her breath.

"Uh, sure."

"Dude, you've been awfully quiet lately." Tsuniker said. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah." Terrin lied. He didn't want his problems to bother anyone, so he attempted to have a good time.

It worked a little. He ended up sitting down and watching Dracos and Tsuniker's pool game.

"Tsuni!" Dracos exclaimed. "I told you three times. I'm stripes!!"

"I thought I was solid…"

"You are!"

Terrin just chuckled. He then spotted Umie, who was sitting next to Zera and Mupo. Even she looked happier than him.

"Here you go."

A glass of Pepsi slid toward him. He looked up to see Esthenia.

"Uh, thanks."

"Your welcome." she said. She had her apron on, only meaning that she was still working.

"I have to pay for this, don't I?"

"It's on me." Esthenia winked. It was the happiest Terrin had seen her in a while. She then watched Dracos and Tsuni for a moment. "Dragons should not be permitted to play pool…" she giggled as Tsuni was trying to poke Dracos in the rear with the pool stick.

"Yeah." Terrin agreed. "They're nuts."

"What's wrong with dragons?"

Umie had joined them. Apparently, Mupo and Zera's crazy drunkenness had driven her away to sit with the normal people.

"Nothing…"

"Well…" Esthenia said, backing away from the counter. "I should get those dishes washed before I get out."

"Okay." Terrin said, watching her disappear into the kitchen. He was slightly disappointed to see her go. For once, she was actually being nice to him.

"So," Umie said. "I'm surprised you're still here."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know…" Umie shrugged. She was wearing a black spaghetti-strap shirt. Terrin tried desperately to keep his eyes off of it. "You've just been down lately."

"I'm sorry." Terrin said. "Tired I guess."

"Ah…"

The two silently watched the rest of the pool game, which Dracos had won because Tsuniker had knocked the eight ball into the hole. ("What?" he exclaimed. "I thought I was solids! It looked solid to me!")

"Okay freaks." Mona said, emerging from the kitchen, followed by Esthenia. "It's eleven thirty, time to close up."

In high spirits, the group headed back to the apartment. Since they didn't want to go to bed just yet (it was Saturday night after all..), they went to Terrin's room to watch a movie.

Terrin, who normally hosted this type of thing because he had the largest TV set in addition to four reclining chairs and couch, brought out a number of DVDs for them to choose. He then sank into the couch next to Esthenia.

She appeared to be pretty hyper. It showed in her green eyes. Without warning, she leaned over, and poked his side.

Feeling the normal tickling sensation, Terrin squirmed as she poked him some more. He then fought back, oddly enough, she was about as ticklish as he was. It then resulted with the two being a little close.

"Hey," Dracos called, holding up the movie. "TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSICURE!!!!"

Knowing that they were easily able of being noticed, Esthenia and Terrin parted immediately.

Dracos was the one to put the movie in. He then settled himself on one of the reclining chairs after hitting the lights.

During the previews, Terrin looked around.

"Where's Torrik?" he asked, finally realized they weren't just short of only one person.

"I donno." Dracos shrugged, giving Terrin a perplexed look. "Maybe he's asleep."

"Isn't he usually awake at night?"

"Maybe he starved to death," Zera remarked. "You know, because he's never up long enough to eat or anything."

"Does he even go to the bathroom?"

"I don't want to think about that…"

"Maybe he'll appear." Dracos shrugged.

Everyone was quiet when the movie started.

One thing that Terrin learned from this experience, was that Esthenia was easily startled by horror movies. Each time blood was shed, or something really scary happened, she'd bury her head behind his shoulder. He didn't complain though. Glad to see that something was working, he tried to focus on the movie, instead of the girl leaning on him.

Just before the lights flicked back on, Esthenia had repositioned herself to look like she'd been sitting normally, and not leaning on Terrin. For some reason, she was attracted to his scent. Something about it drew her closer to him.

"Well…" Umie yawned as she stood up. "I'm turning in…"

"Me too." Sheirow yawned. Mupo was already asleep on his lap. He stroked her hair. "Hunny… My legs are asleep."

Mupo moaned lightly. Eventually, Sheirow picked her up and carried her out.

"Well…" Dracos sighed after Tsuniker and Zera said their goodnights. "I guess I should find something to do."

"Sorry we can't hang out longer." Terrin yawned, standing up. "But I got to get some sleep."

"Lucky bastard…" Dracos smiled. "I'm probably not going to turn in until five."

"Kick Torrik for me." Esthenia said. She was a little upset he hadn't arrived. Deep down, she was hoping to see him.

"I'll do that." Dracos smiled, and he was gone.

"Well…" Terrin said. "I'm guessing you're tired as well."

"Actually…" Esthenia said. "I'm not."

"Really?" Terrin was curious now. He sat back down next to her.

Esthenia flinched. It was that type of mood again. For some reason, she felt a little more comfortable with everyone else in the room, but then, she could smell Terrin's distinct scent once again. She decided to speak her mind.

"You smell good…"

Terrin blinked.

"Uh, thanks." he then thought for a moment. "So, how's life been for you?"

"So, so." Esthenia shrugged. "It's been kind of strange… Not having Pagasis around and all."

"Yeah, I see what you mean." Terrin sympathized.

Esthenia sensed his sympathy. She didn't like it either.

"Don't feel sorry for me." she said. "I'll be okay. It's not like he's not coming back."

"True."

"Forgive me…" Esthenia sighed. She had a feeling that she was being rather mean. "I haven't been very nice to you lately."

"Don't worry about it…" Terrin shrugged. He was relieved that she was finally opening up to him.

"I don't." she said. "I really don't care about what others think of me."

"I can tell."

Then, without thinking, he lightly touched her head. To his surprise, she closed her eyes as if she were enjoying it, he started to stroke her behind the ear a little.

Moments later, she was leaning on him, softly purring.

Wondering how in the world he'd managed such a thing, he had no choice but to sit there and kept rubbing her head.

"You're like a cat…" he said quietly.

"I am one."

Terrin shrugged. She had a point. Oddly enough, he was a sphinx too, only had Greek in him instead of Egyptian.

Suddenly, Esthenia's green eyes popped open. She quickly sat up with an embarrassed expression.

"Sorry about that…"

"It's okay." Terrin waved his hand coolly, but inside, he was practically jumping.

"No, it isn't." Esthenia sighed. "You know I'll only hurt you…"

"What do you mean?"

"No, I said too much." she stood up. "Thanks for the head rub. I'm going to sleep now before I end up on your lap instead of my bed."

"Please tell me…" Terrin pleaded. He didn't like being left in the dark.

"Maybe some other time." Esthenia said, warmly.

Terrin stood up. He then held out his arms. He'd been doing this a lot lately.

Esthenia followed his routine. She knew he liked these goodbye hugs, and went into his arms.

"I'll see you later then." and with that, she was gone.

The next few days were rather interesting. It seemed to Terrin that he'd must have done something right that night and wished he could figure out how to do it again.

It appeared that Esthenia had gone back to her regular, confined, self. Often avoiding Terrin as much as possible, she stuck to her usual duties as a bar tender, and visited Pagasis about every other night.

Pagasis appeared to be doing fine. He had about another week to recover after receiving the pins that were placed in his back, and thankfully, the surgery had gone very well.

"I just want to get out of here." Pagasis chuckled. "Their apples are lousy here."

Esthenia wasn't the only one to visit him. The others came as much as their schedules allowed them.

Tsuniker, being as happy as he was, decided to make Pagasis happy too by giving him corn rows in his hair.

Pagasis would have thought they looked cooler if Tsuni hadn't used bright pink rubber bands.

Like Esthenia, Terrin visited him often, and made sure they were alone so they could talk in private.

"Dude, what did they do to your hair?" was the first thing he'd asked.

"Don't ask." Pagasis smiled.

"It looks awesome!" Terrin exclaimed when he spotted the color of the little ties.

"So, how it go?" Pagasis asked, changing the subject. He'd gotten a lot of unwanted attention from his hair.

"It go well." Terrin replied, taking a seat. "Well, I finally got her to open up to me, but I can't figure out how to do it again."

"You got a lot further than I thought you would."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, she's complicated I guess." Pagasis shrugged. "You have to do things a certain way with her."

Terrin thought for a moment. What did he do that she liked that night? He couldn't quite remember.

"You'll figure it out eventually." Pagasis said.

"Tsuni, Zera?" Esthenia approached as Tsuniker and Zera were about to step into their room. She was kind of glad she'd caught them together, but she was still nervous about asking them the question she had in mind.

"Yeah?" they turned to her.

"Uh…" she stuttered. "What's it like to have beneficial friends?"

Tsuni and Zera looked at each other for a moment. Then Tsuni smiled.

"Really?" he said. "You know I don't do this for free…"

"No, no!" Esthenia shook her hands, trying to get those thoughts out of her head. "I'm asking for advice… I guess."

"Oh."

"Well… It's kind of nice." Zera said. "You don't have to worry about having to become lovers, and you also don't have to worry about loosing a friend."

Thinking that was somewhat useful information, Esthenia thanked them, then walked red-faced back into her room. She was thinking about asking Mupo and Sheirow about what it was like to be married, but thought the better of it. She didn't want to go too far.

She sat there for quite a while. It was kind of boring and lonely not having Pagasis around. It was around eleven in the evening. She hadn't bothered turning the lights on. The room would have still seemed to be bare and bland even with the light on. She giggled at the thought of Pagasis' blue hair and gold horn giving the room a bit more color. She then had an idea.

"Hello?"

"Hey."

"Esthenia?"

"Yeah."

Esthenia had called Terrin on her phone. She had nothing else better to do, and she was going to make it clear to him that, that was the only reason why she called.

"Oh." was all he said her explanation. "Well, what `cha doing?"

"Nothing really…" she mumbled. "I just need someone to talk to I guess."

"Oh, well, why don't you come over here." Terrin suggested. "We can play some Halo."

"Well…" Esthenia muttered. She wasn't sure if she'd be too comfortable being alone with him. For some reason, the thought bothered her. "I think I want to stay here tonight."

"Okay." Terrin said with a little disappointment in his voice.

"Ugh…" Esthenia sighed. "I'm sorry. I just don't feel right."

"Why not?"

Esthenia started to regret calling him. She didn't know he was going to ask so many questions.

"I just don't."

"Come on."

"I answered the question."

"No you didn't."

"Ugh!" she hissed. "Why are you so stubborn?"

"Like you?"

Esthenia didn't press that matter. He was kind of right.

"Um…" Terrin said, trying to poke into a conversation. "So, how are you holding up?"

"Didn't you already ask me that question?"

"You didn't give me a straight answer the first time."

"Okay!" Esthenia blurted out. "I'm doing crappy! I haven't gotten any real sleep for the past week and… I'm on my rag!"

"O-kay…" Terrin said, thinking that was a little too much information. Then again, wasn't that what he was hoping for?

"I'm sorry." he said humorously.

"Tell me about it." she sighed. "It sucks being a girl."

"I wouldn't know."

"No shit." Esthenia then asked him a strange question before she could stop herself. "Um… Does anyone say anything about me?"

"Huh?" Terrin was nearly in shock. It wasn't normal of her to ask such a thing let alone knowing that she did care about what others thought of her. "Um…" He thought about the conversation he, Dracos and Pagasis were having at the bar. He didn't want to lie to her though, instead, he tried to re-direct the question. "Why would you want to know? Do you have a crush on somebody?"

"No!" Esthenia replied rather quickly. She felt a strange pain in her chest. "I- I don't have crushes. Dating is a waste of time."

"No it isn't." Terrin said. Yes! I'm finally getting somewhere with her!

"Maybe for you it isn't."

"Why?"

Esthenia was silent for a moment. Feeling rather pried, she didn't want to answer.

"Well?"

"I'm thinking." she said, not making any effort to hide her annoyed tone. "I donno, I just cant." She then thought to herself. "You know what? I'm getting tired. Maybe I can sleep now."

"Okay." Terrin said. He figured that he'd gone far enough and he'd try again some other time to get the rest of it out of her. "Good night then."

"Good night."

About two hours later, Esthenia lied awake. She couldn't sleep at all. Nothing would come to her. All except the thoughts that had been haunting her for the past few months.

The new issue was about Terrin. He had everything that turned her away from him, but for some reason, she didn't feel that way. She was oddly attracted to him. Maybe it was his scent. She then snorted. That wouldn't be right. She amused herself with a thought of Sheirow marrying Mupo only because she smelled good. In any case, Terrin wasn't the only guy on her mind.

"Asshole." Esthenia thought to herself. She realized that lately she couldn't get Torrik out of her mind either. Ever since that night with him, it seemed like he did everything in his power to bother her. It was like the more he got to know her, the more pleasure he gained from hearing her angry voice and seeing her expression. She didn't bother to have a normal conversation with him. Not seeing him as much lately, just a brief hello and a possible goodbye, but he seemed to linger over her like some kind of judge, waiting for her to mess up, and often remarked her mistakes whenever they were made.

Stupidly, she began feeling shy around him. It seemed as though he just targeted her, making her wonder if he did it because she was the easiest to annoy, or he actually… No, don't think that way. The fault that she was having, was the fact that she seemed to like it when he did this to her. It was strange, but she found it oddly charming… and cute. As hard as she could, she couldn't get it out of her head. So far, without realizing it, he was doing everything right. Unfortunately, she still couldn't get him out of her mind. Even in her sleep when her dreams came.

"What's up?" Pagasis asked with his usual smile as Terrin and Dracos entered the room. He had finally taken his hair out of the braids, but since he was unable to wash his hair directly afterward, his hair was crimpy and very dry.

"Nothing much." Terrin replied. He was hoping to come alone again, but Dracos, who caught him in the elevator, said that he was going to see Pagasis too. So they ended up going together.

"How's the back Jack-ass?" Dracos asked. He then snorted at Pagasis' hair. "Nice `do' by the way."

"Better." Pagasis grinned. He was starting to miss Dracos' usual greetings, so he didn't mind the remark. "Doctor said that I'm out in about four days."

"Good." Terrin sighed. "Then we can watch the birds shit on people again."

Pagasis just chuckled. He loved sitting up there. It was very entertaining.

"You guys find the stupidest things amusing, don't you?" Dracos smirked.

"Well…" Pagasis shrugged. "I suppose if I had your reflection in the mirror…"

"Zip it Jack-ass."

"I don't think he has a reflection." Terrin laughed.

"That would be Mupo." Dracos corrected him.

"True."

"How's everyone doing?" Pagasis asked, changing the subject.

"They're doing okay." Dracos said. "Doing the usual."

"How about Torrik? I haven't seen him in a while."

"He's stuck fixing his truck." Dracos frowned. "Something blew in the engine. He's spent half the week on it."

"I wonder how he fits that in with his night-job." said Pagasis curiously.

"He sleeps most of the day, then wakes up earlier to work on it."

"Oh."

"Well, better than Sheirow I guess."

"What's up with him?" Pagasis tilted his head. Sheirow had just visited him the day before. He'd given him a book with some strange information titled "Death, a Walk On The Other Side". It was odd indeed, but interesting none the less. On a happier note, Sheirow also brought him a small bag of apples every time he and Mupo visited. Pagasis was eternally grateful.

"He got stuck with a patient that stalks him." Terrin chuckled.

"You're kidding." Pagasis laughed. "Is she hot?"

"Uh…" Terrin and Dracos looked at each other for a moment. "No… It's a man with anger problems."

Pagasis shuddered.

The three of them talked for about an hour. Since Dracos was around, Terrin wasn't going to bring up the subject about Esthenia. Though he was amused when Pagasis and Dracos got into their name calling wars again.

Pagasis was glad to talk about things that didn't involve relationships or problems. Even though Dracos had won the war, he was still glad they had one.

"Well…" Dracos said while standing up. He was looking at his watch. "I'd better go home and get some sleep. I've been up too long already."

"Okay." Pagasis smiled. "Say hi to everyone for me."

"You got it." Dracos winked, he then looked at Terrin. "Are you coming with?"

Terrin looked at Pagasis for a moment. He still wanted some questions answered. Then again, he decided they could wait. Pagasis appeared to be happy with not talking about it for once.

"Yeah." Terrin nodded. He then waved at Pagasis. "See you around."

"You what?" Esthenia gasped.

"Yup!" Zera said excitedly. She then reached into her purse and pulled out ten tickets. "I'm inviting everyone to go!"

"How did you get these again?" Esthenia marveled as Zera handed one of the slips of paper to her.

"Over the radio." Zera smiled. "I can't believe I was the lucky caller. I was just going to request a song too…"

Esthenia read the ticket. It was for free admission to the best night club in the city. There was even going to be a live band playing for the first two hours, then the last four there was going to be a DJ. The whole thing was from eight to twelve.

"Is there an expiration date?" she wondered out loud.

"Yes," Zera nodded. She then pointed to the small print at the bottom of the ticket. "A week."

"I hope Pagasis will be out by then." Esthenia said with concern.

"That's what I was hoping for." Zera said.

"Hello!"

"Hey!" Esthenia turned around in her chair. "Guess what Terrin."

Terrin walked up to them and sat down. They were all in the apartment lobby. A large room with a fireplace(that wasn't lit), squashy arm chairs, and neat pictures and paintings were hung in random places. Like the bar, it was a good place to hang out, only quieter.

"What's up?"

"Look!" Esthenia practically shoved the ticket in his face for him to read. His reaction was the same as hers.

"This is awesome!" he said. "You say you won these off the radio."

"Yup!" Zera's cheeks were red with pride. She then turned to Mona who just entered carrying her laundry. "Hey! Mona!" she got up and ran to her. "You want to come?"

Mona examined the ticket.

"We'll see." Mona said as she vanished around the corner where the first hallway was.

"I wonder where her room is…" Terrin said thoughtfully.

"Somewhere on the fist floor I think." Zera said.

"Why do you want to know?" Esthenia asked with a grin. "You want to see her in the shower too?"

"No!" Terrin blushed. He then looked around. "What the hell? Dracos was right behind me a moment ago."

"He didn't come in with you." Esthenia said, wondering about his sanity.

They glanced out the door.

"He's not out here." Zera said.

"Wait… listen." Esthenia said, her right ear had twitched, meaning that it picked up a low sound.

"That's Dracos." Terrin said. "I can hear his voice. He's out here somewhere."

"Oh!" Zera snapped her fingers. "I know."

They followed her to the corner of the building where there was a large ally. Umie and Torrik parked their vehicles there.

"I see…" Terrin said.

"What are you doing?" Zera asked Dracos, who was sitting in Torrik's truck.

"Seeing if it'll start." Dracos replied. "I told him I'd help him out for a moment."

Terrin and Esthenia walked up to them. The cement around the truck was stained with motor oil.

"That's bad for the environment you know." Esthenia said to the long striped tail that was sticking out from under the truck.

"So is your hair spray."

"Ugh!" (well, I tried…)

"Okay, try it now Dracos!"

"Watch out." Dracos said to them humorously. "It might explode." He then turned on the ignition.

The black Dodge Ram started, but then sputtered a little, then came a small bang, and it died again.

"Damn…" Dracos sighed. "Sorry dude."

"Uh…" Esthenia leaned down a little. When the truck had died, Torrik's tail had twitched, making her wonder if he got electrocuted or something. "Are you okay?"

There was silence for a moment, then Torrik slid himself from under the truck. His face was covered in black oil. All you could see were his clearly annoyed eyes.

Terrin busted out laughing.

Dracos did too when he climbed out and looked at him.

Zera was giggling madly.

Esthenia tried to hold it in, but couldn't resist.

"Um…" Esthenia giggled while staring down at him. The way he was lying down there and looking up at her like that made her want to die laughing. "Can I get you a towel or something?"

"You should." Torrik said while sitting up. "It's your fault."

"Eh?" Esthenia blinked. "No it isn't."

"Liar."

"Ugh…" she turned away from him. "I'll be right back…"

"Thanks."

"Give her a break will ya." Terrin said to him. He didn't mean it in a harsh way, but enough to get the point across.

"Don't worry." Torrik said. "Trust me, she doesn't mind it."

Terrin thought about this for a while. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Zera flashing the ticket at Dracos and excitedly explain how she got them. He tried to see the amusement in it. How Dracos would take a step back and how she'd take a step forward, but he still couldn't get one thing out of his mind. He confirmed his thoughts when Esthenia had returned with a roll of paper towels, and the way she handed them to Torrik without complaint. She didn't look angry or annoyed with him at all. There was something else.

When they got back inside, Terrin invited her to a game of Halo. Of course, she didn't hesitate. She enjoyed it a lot, and it made him glad to spend more time with her.

"So?" he asked her. He decided to get the thought out. "You like him, don't you?"

Esthenia, who had just killed Terrin for the first time that round, stopped moving her fingers on the key pad. She then shook her head and stared at the screen.

"What gives you that idea?"

"Well…" Terrin said, also keeping his eyes on the game. "I donno, just the way you act around him I guess."

Esthenia's face turned red.

"I… don't know."

"What do you mean by that?" Terrin asked, knowing that she was trying to slip her way out of it. "Is it yes or no?"

"You know how I think of relationships Terrin." she said sternly. She then hissed because at that moment, Terrin's character had came up and killed hers.

"I know."

"I just think… I donno, he's cute."

"Cute?" Terrin chuckled.

"Yes." Esthenia nodded. "I don't know…" she repeated. "There's just something about him."

"I see…" Terrin said, though he wondered how Torrik had done it. It blew his mind away to think that girls were actually attracted to guys who made fun of them, and somehow, remembering what Torrik had said to him, he had a feeling that he knew it too.

He decided not to press the matter any longer. The conversations they'd been having seemed to depress him at times. Deep down, he liked her… a lot, but knowing that for some reason, that Esthenia was unable to love somebody made him feel guilty for trying so hard. Guilty for her and himself.

Having a feeling that this would be their last time alone before Pagasis got back, he decided to savor the moment and have some fun for a change.

"No fair!" Esthenia cried when her guy got killed again.

Terrin laughed. He then looked around. Where was his cat?

"Hey." Pagasis waved when Terrin and Esthenia came in his room. He was standing by the window and peering out of it with a half eaten apple in his hand.

"How's it hanging?" Terrin asked.

"Pretty well." Pagasis said, giving them one of his usual smiles. "Everyone else came yesterday to tell me about those tickets."

"Can you come?" Esthenia asked anxiously.

Pagasis nodded. His smile widened.

"I'm coming home the day after tomorrow." he said. "They took the stitches out today, and are removing the bandages tomorrow."

"Meow!"

Terrin stared down at the bed and saw his cat, peering up at him with her yellow eyes.

"How in the-"

"Interesting… isn't it?" Pagasis asked humorously. "She visited me about six times."

It was true. Pagasis told him how the cat would appear in his room with some kind of gift like a dead mouse or stolen fish. He gratefully excepted it, though the nurses threw them away because they started to smell. The story made Esthenia and Terrin both laugh.

"You have one smart cat there."

"You're a very smart kitty." Terrin said in a baby voice as he stroked the cat's purring head.

"Meow!" the cat purred as in saying; "Yes, I'm very smart. Thank you."

"I'm surprised you don't have any scars." Esthenia said, examining Pagasis' face where the cuts had been. One of them were so bad he had to get three stitches for it.

Pagasis smiled again. He then walked over to the night stand, opened the drawer, and pulled out a small bottle.

"Check it out." he said, tossing it to her.

Esthenia caught it then read the label.

"Ah…" she nodded when she read that it was for scar prevention.

"Mupo got that for me." Pagasis said with a grin. "You know how she can't resist loosing such a pretty face."

"Pretty?" Terrin asked with sarcasm. "I take it you don't have a mirror in here…"

Pagasis pointed at the small circular mirror that was hanging on the wall right next to Terrin's head.

He glanced at it to see his own reflection.

"And?"

Pagasis just snorted.

"Geeze…" he smirked. "I have been here a long time… You're starting to loose your touch."

Since then, spirits started raising. It would only be two days before they got their friend back, and the night after that they were going to use the tickets and have a fun night. Everyone was able to go, though Mona was still undecided.

Saturday, being the day before Pagasis returned, the group, all of which were rather rambunctious and hyper, decided to spend the rest of their day after work at the beach.

Before going, Esthenia, though reluctantly, rode the elevator to the floor above hers. She walked up to the first door to the left and knocked.

Nothing.

she looked at her watch. It was around five thirty. (They should at least be a bit awake. It is Saturday after all…) She knocked again.

The door opened.

"Yeah?" Dracos had answered. He looked completely awake.

"Oh, good…" Esthenia sighed. "You weren't with us earlier… So I guess came to tell you guys that we're going to the beach tonight and were wondering if you two were coming."

"Sure." Dracos smiled. He then took a drink from a two liter bottle of Mountain Dew that Esthenia hadn't noticed before. ("OMG! NO WONDER WHY HE'S SO AWAKE!") "Eh… I'm not so sure about the lazy dumb-fuck though…"

Esthenia tilted her head to the side, feeling a little disappointed.

"Why not?"

"He stayed up most of the day fixing his truck." Dracos said, itching his head. "He's pooped."

"Wake him up and ask him!" Esthenia demanded.

Dracos took a step back and smiled. He thought this was kind of funny, watching Esthenia puff up like an angry kitten. He then sighed and motioned her to follow.

Esthenia trailed him inside and stopped in front of a half open door. She'd never seen Torrik's room before, and was rather curious to see what it looked like. Unfortunately, from outside, everything was dark so it was difficult to make anything out. Instead of following Dracos in there (feeling it would be rather rude anyway.) she stood by the doorway and listened. "Yo, dummy." she heard Dracos say.

Torrik didn't say anything for a moment. Dracos nudged him.

"Yeah?"

"So he is alive…" Esthenia thought to herself.

Dracos told him about what they were going to do.

Torrik only groaned.

"We'll see." he said. "Just give me an hour."

"We'll do that." Dracos said as he exited. He then looked at Esthenia and shrugged. "You heard him."

Esthenia peered inside the dark room. Her eyes, which were perfect for seeing in the dark, were beginning to make out many things inside.

"Lazy ass…" she hissed to the lump of blankets.

"I'm not lazy…" they said. A sly grin and a pair of blue eyes met hers. "I'm just energetically handicapped."

"Well?" Umie asked when Dracos and Esthenia emerged into the lobby where everyone else was waiting for them. "Are you ready?"

"Yup!" Esthenia said.

"Where's Torrik?" Zera asked Dracos.

"He might come later on." Dracos shrugged.

"Meow!"

Everyone looked down to see Terrin's cat. She was looking up at Terrin with her large eyes again as if they were expecting some kind of apology for him not telling her where they were all going.

"What?" Terrin stared down at her. "We're going to the beach. You wanna come too?"

"Meow!" she said sharply, turning her tail on him, meaning; "Are you kidding! I'd rather be a lap kitty at a mental home than get my beautiful fur wet!!"

Everyone laughed.

When they got there, Umie was first to the water. She threw off her clothes one by one and tossed them in a small pile in the sand, revealing her zebra striped bikini.

"Come on!" she shouted to the others, who were taking their time.

"She looks eager to get wet…" Dracos commented with a funny grimace.

"What's wrong with that?" Terrin shrugged. A rock collided with his head. "CAN WE END SOME OF THE VIOLENCE!"

Umie only giggled. It was the happiest any of them had seen her in quite some time.

Esthenia pulled out a blanked from her back pack and sat down. She liked being by the sea. Though she didn't really like getting wet, she still liked to swim. It just took her a while to get used to the water. She then thought about how Pagasis would be. He usually didn't like to swim. He'd just sit and watch as everyone else splashed about. On occasion, he'd find the opportunity to dunk Dracos for his own enjoyment.

"Hey there." Terrin sat beside her. "You going in?"

"Maybe." Esthenia answered. She was then hoisted to her feet.

"Come on!" Umie exclaimed. "Let's go!"

"Woa!" Esthenia gasped. "I'm not sure…"

"Oh, come on," Umie smiled. "You know you want to."

Esthenia cast a pleading glance at Terrin, then gave in.

"Okay." she sighed.

Umie clapped her hands. It made Esthenia glad to see her so happy.

Esthenia slid off her shirt and shorts to reveal a red bikini that looked pretty good on her, to Terrin anyway, who got clobbered again for staring too long.

"Pervert…" Esthenia hissed as she turned away.

"You sillies coming?" Sheirow called. He was already by the water in his black swimming trunks. His skin, which anyone rarely seen because of the clothes he wore, was a very dark tan. His body, being muscular and well defined was enough to even make Esthenia stare.

Mupo was clinging to his shoulders in her light pink bikini that looked pretty cute on her.

"Yeah!" Esthenia grabbed Terrin. "Come on!"

Terrin smiled.

"This water's going to make my nuts shrivel off!" Dracos shuddered. He was standing next to Tsuniker by the edge of the water. Like Sheirow, Dracos had a body that was well defined, though a board flat chest. The cool part about him was the green stripes on his arms, legs and back. Making him even more interesting, there were black spines running down his back from his neck to the end of his tail.

Tsuniker, who didn't have any spines or anything, had a very nice body for someone who didn't work out or anything.

Terrin appeared next to Esthenia.

Looking at him from head to toe, Esthenia noticed that he was different than her. Of course, Terrin was a sphinx, but his orange body was much lighter and his toes weren't white like hers. It was so strange that a little culture difference could set things apart.

This hadn't been the first time everyone went swimming, but they couldn't help but notice how good each other looked when they went.

Umie was the first to dive in. She swam out a ways then turned to the others.

"Come on you wusses!" she shouted, raising her hands. "The water's fine!"

One by one, they all jumped in. Everyone except Zera anyway, who was seen lying on the shore sunbathing herself in her black thong bikini. Her yellow spotted body shimmered with tanning oil.

Terrin was the first to get dunked. Dracos had swam up behind him and popped out of the water, grabbing him and pulling him in.

Everyone was jealous of Dracos at this point. His tail, very much good for swimming, made him practically fly under the water. He was able to sneak up behind people in a matter of seconds before being noticed.

Esthenia, who didn't want to get her hair wet, watched in amusement as Umie started chasing Terrin around. Like Dracos, Umie had a very thick tail and was able to swim quickly as well. So she had no problem catching him. Esthenia laughed when Terrin looked around the water fearfully while Umie would pop up behind him, grab his shoulders and begin tickling him madly.

Suddenly, Esthenia was lifted into the air. Dracos had swam underneath her and stood up. She was sitting on his shoulder.

"Oh," she said in surprise. "Hi."

Dracos looked up at her.

"I should throw you…"

"Please don't."

"I will."

"No!!"

Too late, Esthenia landed with a huge splash. Everyone laughed when she emerged. Her soaked bangs hung in her eyes. She then let out an angry hiss and began chasing Dracos around, who was laughing hysterically.

"The mad bomber strikes again!!"

Mupo and Sheirow were having a good time too, splashing each other wildly and Sheirow playfully dunking his wife to end it.

Terrin and Umie's messing around came to an abrupt end when Umie's top decided to untie itself and land effortlessly in Terrin's hand. Thus resulting in Terrin's painful, attempted demise as Umie tried to drown him.

Though the whole time they were having fun, Esthenia still glanced up at the shore, trying to spot anyone else who might have been coming. Deep down, her hopes were on the arrival of Torrik. The thought of him not showing up at all was enough to make her blood boil.

A few hours later, dripping wet and exhausted, they decided to build a fire and watch the setting sun while drying off.

The sky was a beautiful red and the few clouds glowed a golden yellow.

Esthenia sighed, staring into the fire. She loved the flames and how they seemed to comfort her as they danced around gracefully. A single spot on her chest felt the same way. Fluttering around and unable to stop.

"Woa…"

Esthenia turned to see Dracos staring at her. Feeling somewhat violated by his constant glance, she frowned.

"What?"

Dracos pointed at her.

Esthenia glanced down at herself and saw that there were tan stripes on the left side of her stomach.

"Not again…" she sighed, looking all over herself to see that they also appeared at her wrists and upper arms. This had happened on more than one occasion. Usually when she spent too much time in the sun, and other times when she was extremely angry.

"They come back?" Terrin asked, sitting on the blanket next to her. His hair was finally dry and the red hand print was fading from his cheek where Umie had struck earlier was finally starting to fade. He still had a towel wrapped around his shoulders, making Esthenia wonder if he was cold.

Figuring that her silent session of deep thoughts were over, Esthenia looked away from the fire and at her friend.

"Yeah."

Terrin studied her for a moment.

"You okay?"

Esthenia cringed at the question. Her hatred for it was just as equal as hearing pointless apologies.

"I'm fine." she said, though she didn't hide her annoyed tone well enough.

For a second, Terrin though of apologizing to her, but reconsidered it, knowing how much she hated them. Instead, he decided to answer it for her.

"Angry at him?"

"Yeah…" Esthenia lowly hissed. She took a jealous glance at the others, knowing how happy and worry free they were, just staring at the shrinking red sphere. They all seemed anonymous to her and Terrin's conversation, thankfully.

"Cheer up." Terrin smiled, taking a crack at it.

"I suppose so…" she said, though she only said it to make Terrin happy. She didn't want the conversation to linger. Instead, she stared at the fire for comfort.

"Hey, you all want to hear a scary story?" Sheirow asked, turning away from the sun, taking advantage of the darkness that swept over them.

"Woo…" Mupo squeaked. "I like scary stories!"

"Me too." Zera smiled. She was curled under Tsuni's arm.

"If it's not a scary as seeing Dracos naked." Terrin remarked.

"Eat shit." Dracos said, though he was grinning.

Sheirow started his story, which was a detailed one about a girl who wanders into a town full of dead people.

Esthenia didn't hear it however. She continued to stare into the fire. Inside, she was fuming. Though, she didn't quite know why. One reason, she figured, was why she was getting so worked up about it. To most, it wouldn't have been a big deal, but to her, it seemed like something else. Hurt maybe, or just frustration. Torrik seemed to be an unpredictable person, making her work stupidly hard to figure him out. Then again, isn't that what she liked about him?

She clenched her hands, making her knuckles whiter than they already were. That was the other reason. The thought of knowing that someone had actually gotten to her made her furious, and she was sure to give him hell for it when they got back.

Terrin, who seemed to notice how she'd been acting, leaned down and whispered in her ear.

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" he asked.

Esthenia gasped, for his voice, being so close to her ear, had startled her. She looked at him from the corner of her eye.

"I'm fine." she mouthed, not wanting the others to hear and didn't want to show that she wasn't paying attention to Sheirow's story.

Terrin backed off for the moment, but he wasn't done yet. He was going to get it out of her before the night was over. His stubbornness proved that.

Esthenia, after a while, began to grow tired. Though Sheirow's story had finally ended (Mupo cried because her favorite character had died), the group still sat around telling jokes. Esthenia had no idea what time it was. It was obvious that nobody was ready to go home yet.

"Sorry…" she said, leaning on Terrin's shoulder.

"Don't worry about it." Terrin replied, making sure he was sitting as straight as possible to ensure that she was comfortable. He could sense her tiredness.

"Really?" Zera was concluding the joke she was telling. "You really think I wished for a seven inch pianist?"

Esthenia was stirred by the groups laughing. She laughed a little too, for she started listening to what they were saying, finding it easier to pay attention when she was comfortable.

Terrin, who was also laughing, notice that Esthenia had done also. He was glad to hear that she hadn't completely fallen asleep yet. Suddenly, without thinking, he reached over and rested his hand on her shoulder.

Esthenia gasped a little by the sudden movement. When she finally realized what had happened, she started to feel a little strange, but in a good way. Terrin had acted by himself, he didn't seem nervous or anything, but confident. Something about this made her happy. She then wondered how far this would go.

Relieved that Esthenia hadn't chewed his fingers off, Terrin smiled. He'd done it again, and now he was finally starting to understand. Not too long after, his hand, which had started on her shoulder, slid down to her waist.

Esthenia was froze on the spot. With his hand so close to one of her most sensitive arias, she couldn't help but wonder. Did he actually figure it out? She wasn't sure, but one thing was for sure, if he did, that was a very good thing. She trusted Terrin a lot. Even more, she loved his hands. He certainly knew how to use them, touching her with a certain strength but also a gentleness that was enough to make her melt. Silently, she urged him on.

"Well…" Tsuniker yawned. "Are we going to camp out here or something."

"That's not such a bad idea." Umie laughed. "I like sleeping outside."

"What about you Terrin?" Zera asked. "You've been quiet."

Terrin used his free hand and pointed at Esthenia, who pretended to be asleep on his shoulder. Not wanting the others to jump to conclusions, he made sure that his other hand was hidden from view.

"Oh…" Dracos said. "She has the right idea." he then looked around at everyone with a big grin on his face and chanted quietly; "Terrin and Esthenia, sitting in a tree, F-U-C-…"

Mupo kicked him on the butt, making him fall over and land face first into the sand.

"Just kidding…" Dracos smiled. Though his face was now covered with sand, you could still see his red cheeks from the embarrassment of everyone laughing at him.

"Well…" Sheirow said, standing up. "I'll go to the van and get some buckets so we can put this puppy out."

"Too bad Pagasis isn't around to stomp it out…" Mupo said. "That's what he usually does. It's a shame to waste water."

"Well…" Tsuniker suggested. "We could use Dracos' head."

Dracos let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Or we can use all the extra condoms you carry to smother it." he grinned.

"Wouldn't they melt?" Umie laughed.

"Tsuni uses extra strength." Zera said. "They're thick enough."

"Yeah," Dracos chuckled. "Thick enough to keep them from sliding off his tiny dick."

Everyone laughed as Tsuniker stood up and chased Dracos around, threatening to touch his ass.

Wondering how the dumbest things amused them, Esthenia diverted her attention once more to the hand on her side. It was moving again, this time placing itself on her stomach and grabbing her hand. Right then, she floated away. He was getting so close…

"I'm back!" Sheirow announced, tossing a white pale to Dracos and Zera and keeping one for himself. "Come men!(and woman) To the water!"

It wasn't too much longer before the fire had died. At this moment, everyone was ready to go.

To their disappointment, Esthenia's especially, Terrin and Esthenia stood up and stretched.

"Have a nice nap?" Zera asked Esthenia.

"Yeah." Esthenia yawned. "I'd prefer my own bed though." she then turned to Terrin with a smile. "You're shoulder is bony…"

Terrin shrugged.

"I was born with it…"

They all headed back to Sheirow's van to start the terrifying ride back home. Esthenia was the last to enter the vehicle. She turned and glanced back at the dark endless water for a brief moment.

"Come on!" Zera called, poking her head out the door.

Esthenia turned and walked to the crowded vehicle.

He was so close…