Fan Fiction ❯ Healer #1 Healer in the Dark ❯ Oh Great Gods Above! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter #4: Oh Great Gods Above!

Millicene was pondering her potions absently, having just returned from the catecombs after a mild break in the weather made it bearable to do so. She was thinking of sending Dokorrip for herbs so she could brew another batch. The wound cleansing potion in particular as down only to a thin sliver of purple liquid in the large bottle. She marched back and forth while she thought burning up all the excess energy that she had stored up while in her self imposed rest. Though I doubt the Captain would have let me do anything had I insisted that I was recovered and come right back. Most likely he would have kept me there. Millicene smiled warmly at the thought. He cared or her almost as if she were kin. It had been so long since anyone cared for her so.

Dokorrip came into the lab while the healer was wool gathering and sent tiny tendrils of energy to see if she was suffering a relapse. Nay she was merely mooning over someone. He could sense the hormones in her system and all were at higher levels then that of an unattached person. She probably didn't realize it. He had been told to deal with any Humans, Elves, or Dwarves that came sniffing about because taking up with them could get the healer killed. The King himself had commanded it. Who could be left? The Dark Elf was one suspect for he was handsome and had all the seductive wiles of his people, but Dokorrip did not think the healer cared for him that much. He walked back out the door and turned back in time to see as she mouthed a word. Captain it was that she had breathed with barely a breath.

Just like his sisters when they were out a hunting for a mate she was. It did not surprise him though that the Undead one had become her heart's choice. That the Captain of the Dark Riders did return her feelings was obvious to all save the two of them. The healer was to innocent to know that this was what her body longed for and the Captain was to fond of her to force the recognition. They would be dancing this dance of avoidance and ignorance all winter and into next summertime if he did not do something.

Talking to the healer was out of the question so he must go and seek advice of the male sort and then approach the Captain to urge him to speed things up for the healer's own good. His plan made, healer apprentice Dokorrip called to her that he would be back and headed out. Even if she did not care for him in that way the healer's other regular patient would be the perfect choice for seeking of wisdom. Thinking this he went to the sun temple to pay his respects to the healer's lady's consort!

Pavornai looked up when a novitiate knocked at his archway. "Yes brother?" The young Orc bowed low, and gestured to the even younger Orc at his side. It was the young apprentice of the healer who had come to see him, and the expression he wore was one that young lads wore when they were doing something that grown men should be responsible for. Pavornai thought that it made him look vary handsome for an Orc.

"What troubles you little brother?" he asked as soon as the novitiate had withdrawn. "Many things elder brother, but one concern in particular has brought me to your side. You may not have been often enough in their combined presence but the healer has caught the firemaker's arrow straight through the middle of her heart. Watching her moon for The Greater Undead one has set me to wondering how it might be arranged to see them together more rapidly then her innocence and his kindness would ordinarily allow." Pavornai smirked at the boy's clever perception. "Have many sisters do you?" The boy nodded.

"That is what I thought. That you could so easily see the way that your teacher's heart has fallen into the Undead one's black clad grip made it obvious. I will aid you in this because it is indeed good for her though it is a bit heavy on the meddling side even for one of my blood. It is simple, go and tell the Undead one what you have told me, that the healer longs for him but is to naive to realize it for herself. He will accept this word from you and act swiftly. If he does not do so return and we shall cook up a better plan. Return in any case to tell me how it goes. I would be eaten alive by my curiosity should you not!"

The young Orc nodded in agreement then turned to run off. Ah to be that young again. When everything must be done instantly and the only true saying was there is no time like the present. He smirked with glee at having been included in the clever little plot. That it obviously needed doing as well amused him though he supposed he would have to pray for the sin of it to be burned away from him. Oh well. No time like the present indeed.

Dokorrip ran swiftly, his sandaled feet making little sound until he came to the district called the Dark City. It was here that the Undead things kept their domain and he was going straight to it's heart. This was a dangerous thing sort of. Though there were laws against energy leeching by the Undead against unwilling donors, coming here without a gang for back up was asking for it. He made it unmolested to one of the bolt holes that led down to the Catecombs of the Greater Undead, and rather then go all the way around and take the gated stairway down he just jumped.

As he landed he faced the spears of the two riders that guarded this bolt hole. "Well if it isn't raining anything else it is at least raining Orclings." One hissed in dark amusement. "Always wondered how they got so many of em. Never thought they fell from the sky though!" the other agreed with a similar hissing laugh. All his hackles standing on end both at their rudeness and their evil auras, Dokorrip hurried past as soon as they recognized him and raised their spears.

He entered the main area of the place which surprised him, being much like any far flung village sized habitation. The only difference was that it was situated in a maze of underground tunnels. He could tell instantly where the Captain's house was and at this hour of the day the Undead would be taking whatever passed for his rest at home. He knew it was rude but Dokorrip figured that the Greater Undead would forgive him later after he had cooled his anger between the healer's thighs.

Dokorrip raised his youthful fist to knock on the door only to have it opened. "What has she done now boy?" The Captain greeted him less the cheerfully. He shook his head and said, "It is not what she has done but what she is at present incapable of doing. It would be best if you let me in. I don't think you want this bandied about as unit chatter." The dark thing stepped aside and he entered into it's lair which for all the world looked like his eldest sister's cottage out in brandymire prefecture.

"Ah so it is and she is to young of heart to truly understand. The poor healer must be very confused. I will deal with it lad, and I thank you for bringing this information to me that has urged me to act. Whomever advised you, you may tell him I say he is most wise for I would not have acted so very soon had I not known." The Captain informed him then taking a hold of his collar he marched Dokorrip out the door and along the way.

"Your teacher surely misses you now that you have taken so long to deliver her message boy. We had best see you back to her door quickly." The Greater Undead spoke in a conversational tone that easily carried to the men of his that were loafing around on their free time. Little did their Captain know that his men believed not a word of it and were smirking behind their gloved hands the entire time.

Millicene looked up as she felt the presence of the Captain enter with young Dokorrip. *"What?" She inquired in his tongue. *"We must have words little healer." He insisted. She nodded having someplace in her gut expected this today since she started singing her mother's song about the bluebird. There were no bluebirds in the lands of darkness to prompt it's singing, and only one other thing made anyone sing that song. You had to be in love. It shocked her very little though. Her love for him was something that had grown in her heart like a seed planted in spring and only now was it budding out and preparing to bloom.

Millicene led them out into the herb garden under her bluebird statue which she had set on a post beside the scarecrow as lucky ornament. She glared at the thing as if it were entirely at fault. *"I too have things to say Captain but you are first by rank right if nothing else." He nodded then he sighed which is something that she had never seen him do. *"If you will permit me little healer it would be easier if we did things this way." He said. He began pulling off his gloves which he had not done since that first ride they took together so long ago.

Millicene found herself afraid of him for the first time since that day as well but she stifled it and nodded to him. He had removed both gloves and he touched her skin with his pale but strong hands, cupping her face in them. For a brief moment it felt as if she were drowning in freezing fire. Then thoughts and motives and odd little things that she had not understood became clear to her. Velkenos showed her how he burned for her and she was awed by the passion contained by this seemingly numb being. She showed him of herself too, now understanding what that depression when he had been to long gone from her side had been about.

She showed him the song of the morning bluebird that she had sung this very day with no other reason then the love of him. He smiled at her, that soft smile that held so many shades of meaning now that she understood what to look for. I want you. I need you! Ask of me anything but just touch me and it is yours. That smile said and she smiled at him with her heart behind it more then it had been in anything since the drought began. Finally the moment that she had been waiting for since she was a girl of fourteen came to pass. He tilted her head slightly and leaning down pressed his mouth to hers.

Millicene's first kiss was electric to say the least, his desire and hers coiling around one another like mating dragons. She found herself breathless when they finally broke apart and weak kneed enough to need to lean on him for support. He held her carefully as if she were smoke and would disappear should he release her or hold her to tightly. She held on loosely herself wondering what he expected next or what she was actually supposed to do now? The songs cover the first kiss from every angle imaginable but they had not said what to do about the next one or the next after that. "And what about the ones that come after that one?" Velkenos teased softly. He was still touching her skin on skin and she distractedly pondered why she wasn't numb. "The reader of minds, being me, gifts his emotional state on the one being read, that's you. I am as you can tell from your doubly amplified excitement in no way numb."

The emphatic tone in his voice and the way his grip on her jaw tightened frightened her a bit and she made a move as if to step away. Apparently that was not something she was at present permitted to do for his grip held her firmly and did not release. "You need not fear me Millicene. We shall go forward at your pace no matter how slowly, and only when you beg for it shall we go that final step. Though once I have tasted of you I cannot promise to behave." Mischief, that she could handle, even in the dear Captain whom she never expected it from. She grinned and gave herself a swift mental kick. If he wanted something from her bad enough to ignore his honor code he could take it as easily as she could rip the wings from a butterfly. That he did not and would never do such a thing made his honorable nature plain to all.

They sat on her garden bench and pondered the moon which had just risen above the horizon as the sun set. "Dokorrip sure took off like his horns were burning. Whatever was going on with him I wonder?" This seemed to amuse her paramour, for the Captain smirked and shook his head. "Male's only secrecy pact. Can't tell you." He teasingly informed her.

Millicene smirked. Once again the link had been more two way then he had necessarily wished. She knew that Dokorrip was the one who had ratted her out first to Pavornai then to him. She also knew a few other things like that reoccurring dream of his that made her cheeks flame bright it was so very...Graphic. "Is that even physically possible?" Her softly spoken question came. He laughed and nodded slightly. "Oh yes Millicene. It is definitely possible and very, very pleasurable besides!"