Fan Fiction ❯ In Her Dreams ❯ A New World ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Katiya…” an 18 year old Caucasian girl with medium length brown hair let out a small moan as if to say “No... I want to sleep some more…” “Katiya…” Now she had no choice, she slowly opened her eyes to see who was whispering in her right ear. “AHHH!!!” she screamed with wide eyes and jumped to her feet, slowly backing away from the young man sitting next to her. “WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!” Katiya screamed, “AND HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?!” She attempted to catch her breath while waiting for a reply.
 
The young man who appeared to be half Japanese and half Caucasian with straight black hair that came below his eyes and appeared to be about 20, stood up and chuckled slightly, “Haha… Katiya, you crack me up…” He took a step closer to grab Katiya's hand.
 
Katiya shook her head and took a step back from the man, “You still haven't answered my question… Who the hell are you???”
 
The young man's chocolate brown eyes stared at Katiya, “You're serious, aren't you?” he said with a slight frown.
 
Katiya nodded slowly and glanced up and down the guy's body to try and see if she recognized him and just had a slow reaction due to her drowsiness from just napping. “Nope... Pretty sure I don't know him…” Katiya thought to herself. She frowned slightly, “Why is he wearing those clothes?” she asked herself. The man was wearing a somewhat baggy black shirt and some pants that looked like black cargo pants with all the pockets on them. Then, he had a belt that had two more pockets at either side of his waist.
 
“The name is Takeshi…” the young man said with a slight bow.
 
Katiya's eyebrows rose at Takeshi's bow, “Er… You really didn't have to bow…” she took a step forward and lifted his shoulders so he was standing up right. She had to look up to meet his eyes, he was at least a foot taller than her. “Man... I hate being short...” Katiya thought to herself. She was only 5 feet, so, practically everyone she met was taller than her.
 
Takeshi smiled, “So… have you been napping all day?” he asked.
 
“Uh…” Katiya was a bit taken aback, “I could have sworn I just fell asleep…” she grabbed her head suddenly feeling dizzy and almost fell.
 
Takeshi took a step closer and caught Katiya before she fell and searched her eyes. “So, you really don't remember me?”
 
Katiya shook her head, “No… I'm sorry…” she said with a slight frown, still surprised that Takeshi caught her the way he did. He caught her in a slight dip, one arm around her waist, and his other arm supporting her back. He was leaning over her and his face was close to hers.
 
When Takeshi noticed the look on Katiya's face he lifted her upright and cleared his throat, “Um… So… your father is probably worried about you.”
 
Katiya laughed, “Why would he be worried? I've been living on my own for two years now…”
 
Takeshi frowned slightly, “No… You still live with him… And what happened to your clothes? They're weird…”
 
Katiya looked down at her torn up knee length black skirt, black Converse chucks, lacey black tee and her black zip hoodie. “Uh... what's wrong with my outfit?” she asked. She normally dressed that way. Well, not normally a skirt, but those were her favorite shoes and she normally wore a tee with jeans.
 
“Com'mon, let's get you back to the castle,” Takeshi said, putting his arm around Katiya's waist, pushing her in the right direction. “Hopefully I can sneak you in so you can change.”
 
“A... uh… what? A castle? What castle?” Katiya asked with a huge frown and she removed Takeshi's hand from around her waist. She stopped walking with Takeshi and tapped her foot waiting for a reply.
 
Takeshi turned around and tilted his head at Katiya who looked utterly confused, “So… You don't remember anything? You really weren't joking earlier?”
 
Katiya shook her head, “I told you I wasn't joking…” she looked at him, still really confused about what was going on. Last thing she remembered, she passed out on Tristan's bed. She couldn't remember much, she just sort of blacked out. Now, she was in a forest close to a creek... and apparently, a castle.
 
Takeshi let out a small whistle, “Well, for starters… Your family owns the castle…” Takeshi paused to see Katiya's reaction.
 
Katiya just stared at Takeshi as her mouth fell open slightly in shock, “My family is royalty?”
 
Takeshi tilted his head back and forth debating on what to way, “Well, in a way, yes, sort of…”
 
“What do you mean sort of?” Katiya asked, still utterly confused and looking for a good answer.
 
“Your father led the rebels during the war and we overcame the throne. Since he was the leader of the rebels, and they felt he did a good enough job leading them… So, your family became the new royalty,” Takeshi explained with a slight shrug.
 
Katiya's eyes widened for a second before the reality of things kicked in, “You mean… Wait… There's no royalty in America… Just a jack ass named Bush as president… And how come I didn't know the war crossed the sea over to America?“
 
“America?” Takeshi asked with a frown, “What is America? There was another war?”
 
Katiya's eyebrows rose and she burst out laughing at Takeshi, “What do you mean, `What America?' silly? America is the country where we live…”
 
Takeshi slowly shook his head, “You really must have done something… Like bump your head to forget everything… We live in Blergity.”
 
One of Katiya's eyebrows rose and the corner of her mouth went up in surprise, “Blergity? Haha… But... That's just a made up word... I made it back in like the 9th grade… To replace curse words so I couldn't get in trouble for saying them... Why the hell would something be named Blergity and I wouldn't know it?”
 
Takeshi shrugged, “Well, I dunno what to say… I'm just telling you what I know… Com'mon. Let's go, like I said, your father is probably really worried about you.” Takeshi put his left arm around Katiya's waist to push her towards the castle once again.
 
Katiya raised and eyebrow and grudgingly walked alongside Takeshi through the forest towards the castle. The forest looked a lot like the forests back home in the northwest. It was full of evergreen trees and shrubbery. Then, there it was, the castle, “Wow…” was all that Katiya could think of to say when she saw it. It was just like most castles she had seen pictures of. Looked like some of the old ones that were still around in Europe, At least three stories high, made of grey brick, and had to take up more than an acre of land.
 
Takeshi nodded, “Thought you might react that way…” he smiled slightly. “Now, the trick will be how to get you up to your bedroom…”
 
“Up?” Katiya asked with a few blinks from shock, “My room isn't on the first floor then… Of course not…” she muttered to herself.
 
Takeshi laughed, “You may not remember much, but you haven't changed at all… Com'mon.” He looked both ways to make sure none of the workers would notice them sneaking onto the property and he pulled Katiya to run with him to the side of the castle.
 
“AHHH!” Katiya screamed and almost fell down. Takeshi ran really fast, and her little legs couldn't keep up, “ARE YOU TRYING TO-“ her shouting was muffled by Takeshi's hand over her mouth. “Mmmmnnnaaaammmaaahamnnna!!!” Katiya attempted to get her point across of being mad at Takeshi who just chuckled in response. The two were soon standing by the castle and were under a window which Takeshi said lead to her bedroom. “What now?” she asked.