Fan Fiction ❯ Inamorati ❯ Kaori ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
( first of all I'd like to thank Kittywhisker for her review *applauds and does happy dance* lol. the first few paragraphs on this is just Kaiya kind of recapping what happend, so that it doesn't take like a billion chapters for it to start getting interesting. *shrugs* what can I say, I'm an impatiant person : D now to stop my rambling. On with the story. Oh, and I don't own Avatar. Because if I did, I'd be a fire bender since I'm a complete and total piromaniac)

Chapter Two: Kaori and the Freedom Fighters

It had been the day after Kaiya met her rude awakening (and then promptly fell back to sleep) when it happened.The thing that had gotten her and Kaori where they were now.

"In the passing of two moons (Damona: in other words, two days) the Avatar shall receive his prophet. In the passing of two moons, the Fire Lords defeat will be sealed. In the passing of two moons, the Avatar's prophet shall betray her nation." Kaiya's voice had sounded harsh, mechanical even to her own ears. She had spoke these words during dinner, where her father, un fortunatley, had invited another suitor over for. The suitor's name was Iyoko, and he just so happened to be Commander Zhaos brother. As soon as she said this, she knew she had been discovered. Kaiya was sent to her for the next two hours where she would stay while Iyoko and her father, Commander Adon, discussed appropriate traveling arrangements to get her to the Fire Nation before this 'two moons passing' time period was up.

When she was called back down, and the plan explained to her, she merely nodded her head silently and requested only one thing: for Kaori to come with her. To the publics eye, Kaori was merely another servant to the Adon household. But the blue-eyed ten year old was much more than that to Kaiya, and wise beyond her years. Kaori was Kaiya's best friend, and like the younger sister she never had. While Kaiya rarely spoke to her, it was her she spoke to more than anyone else. Kaiya hadn't talked much since she was fourteen. But Kaori understood Kaiya's usual need not to speak, and respected that. Besides, their understanding of one another went far deeper than oral communication.


At dawn the day after the passing of the first moon, Kaiya and Kaori set out with a small group of soldiers towards the Fire Nation. The Earth Kingdom town they lived in was close enough to the Fire Nation that, in theory, they should have reached their destination before the next morning. ( Damona: in other words, the passing of the second moon) Unfortunately for the Fire Nation, though, their theory hadn't counted on being attacked by Freedom Fighters....



It was the perfect time, the perfect place, and the perfect people to attack, Jey thought to himself while looking down from the treetops. A richly dressed Fire Nation noble woman sat behind her servant on the back of a huge rhino. Although the soldiers surrounding them hadn't broke rank once, they were obviously exhausted. Just too perfect....


It was starting to get dark out now, and they still had a ways to go until they reached the Fire Nation. Kaiya fidgeted nervously with the fire pendant that continously hung in the hollow of her neck. Things definitely weren't going according to plan. HER plan, especially. She been in high hopes of just a few regular soldiers to escort them, so that at some point her and Kaori could just slip back into the forest and......

Well, Kaiya wasn't honestly sure what to do after that. She vaguely recalled Kaori telling her of a nice little cottage up north, and of her loving family that inhabited it. They had all sounded as kind as Kaori, so maybe they both would be allowed to.....

But none of that mattered now, because surrounding them were a dozen fully- armed generals. Although they were obviously tired they still wouldn't let her or Kaori out of their site, or even brake rank for that matter. Kaori reached her arm behind her without a word, and her hand somehow found Kaiya's, which she squeezed tightly. She knew Kaiya had just given up all hope of escaping. She didn't even have to turn around to know the frown that was engraved on Kaiya's lovely lips. But she did have to turn around to see what made the first guard scream.

Kaiya and Kaori whipped around as one, just as a Freedom Fighter sent a kick to Kaiya's head that sent her flying ten feet from the rhino. She tried desperately to sit up, but fell back to the ground. Her surroundings started to fade as they always would in the dream. She could no longer hear Kaori's desperate calls to her and for help, and as she reached her hand to the sorce of the pain in her head Kaiya found it was bleeding excessively. Her hand then fell in a graceful arc to her side, and her last waking image was that of a blue boomerang soaring over her head....

______________________________________The Day Before_______________________________________

" What do you want, Uncle?" asked Prince Zuko irratibally."I told you not to disturb me unless it was important!"

Iroh considered whether or not the news he had for his nephew would be 'important' enough or not. Then he remembered the pained look on Zuko's face as he got his last glimpse of Kaiya's retreating back. This would most likely be important enough.

" I just thought that you might want to know..... ," Iroh started,"that we are schedueled to escort Lady Kaiya Adon by ship the rest of the way to the Fire Nation tommorow. Would you like some calming ginsing tea?"
_________________________________________________________________ ________________________

( yes, by the way I did have to add that last bit about ginsing tea in there : D some people who read this mentioned to me that they'd like to see Kaiya talk more, which I did on purpose and which should be completely cleared up by next chapter. Also, someone said that they thought Kaiya was too perfect, but I'd like to point out that she's majorly depressed and has self-esttem issues ( for now. Don't you just love quotes within quotes?) well, if you have any suggestions feel free to go ahead and suggest them, just don't completely count on them ending up in here.Oh! and I'm really sorry if that 'two moons passing' thing was kind of confusing, I tried to make that as clear as possible, but I'm actually typing this up at midnight so my eyes burn. Please review!)


Converting /tmp/phpjJkQCU to /dev/stdout