Fan Fiction ❯ Inamorati ❯ I'm...Kasumi? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Ok, I couldn't figure out how to post this on the last chapter once someone told me that this confused them, but the second chapter takes place in the past, then the present, then the past again. I know that chapter kind of -cough-really-cough-cough- sucked, but please don't judge the whole story based on that chapter. I still haven't decided on the pairing, so tell me what you want. The pairing with the most votes will be it. Ha! now you have to review! and I guess -sob- that I don't own Avatar.... )

"We really need to get her medical attention, and soo-," started a young girls voice, but she was cut off by someone else. A male voice, older than the first one.

"Get her medical attention! She's a Fire Bender!," exclaimed the male voice.

Kaiya had just become conscious, but had decided to keep quiet once she heard people talking. So far as she could tell, there was one girl about a year or so younger than her, and two boys. One seemed to be her age. He obviously wanted to throw her into the ocean and never look back. The other sounded younger than the girl, and hadn't expressed his opinion about her yet, but he sounded like a kind enough person. He kind of reminded her of Kaori.....Wait a minute-

"Kaori!," Kaiya screamed out, sitting up fast. Bad mistake. Her whole body was suddenly in pain, and it felt as if she had a few minor burns, not to mention she still had the same migraine from the kick to her head.

"It's okay now," said a girl kindly, gently pushing Kaiya back into a horizontal position. She had bright blue eyes, a very tan complexion, and waist length dark brown hair, which was in a braid. She was obviously from a Water Tribe. Next to her sat the two males. One was also a Water Tribe native, presumably her brother. To her right sat a young bald boy with a blue arrow tattoo running down his head and hands, who had the biggest, most innocent brown eyes she had ever seen. A thousand questions stood out in her mind, but one in particular escaped her mouth without permission.

"Where's Kaori?," Kaiya asked, trying but failing to keep emotion out of her voice. The rest gave nervous glances to one another. "Well?," she demanded impatiently.

"We saw a small child run into the woods.....," muttered the Water tribe boy softly, averting his bright blue eyes from hers.” But a Freedom Fighter caught up to her and.....we just couldn't find her." An awkward silence followed his words, broken only a few times by Kaiya's teary sobs. But they hadn't actually seen anything happen to her, had they? Or was he just trying to protect her? Why would a total stranger who obviously couldn't stand her try to protect her? Questions like these and more flooded into her already over-crowded mind, to the point where she finally just let out a small moan.

"Oh! We still haven't introduced ourselves, have we?," asked the girl, trying to get Kaiya's mind off of Kaori. She didn't wait for an answer before continuing. "I'm Katara, this," she gestured to the older of the two boys," is my brother, Sokka."

"Hello," Kaiya said softly. She still couldn't understand why they were being so nice to her.

"It's a little late for 'hello', don't ya think?," asked the last to be introduced, the young boy, smiling. Kaiya reluctantly let something that resembled a small smile spread across her face. It had been a long time since she had truly even attempted to smile.

Katara let a giggle escape at Aang's last comment before continuing. “And this is Aang," she here gestured to the bright eyed boy," He's the Ava-" Her brother cut her off again.

"Uh, Katara? Do you really think we should tell her?," Sokka asked, eyeing Kaiya tentively.

Katara just rolled her eyes.” Whatever," she said in a annoyed tone, totally different from the gentle voice she had been using towards Kaiya. " Anyways, what's your name?," Katara directed the question towards Kaiya. Not being used to human interaction, Kaiya whipped her head around before realizing she was supposed to answer the question.

"M-me?," she asked still not quite sure. The wheels in her head were turning. They didn't HAVE to know who she really was...

"Who else?, “Aang asked with a laugh. Kaiya smiled.

"I'm....," here Kaiya hesitated. Should she tell them or not? Her make up had obviously come off, so she could have simply been the daughter of a rich soldier, out for a walk....Katara smiled and gave a little nod of encouragement. She had to answer now.

"I'm- I'm Kasumi," (a/n that means 'mist in Japanese...unless of course the website was lying, but I don't think it was because I saw the same thing in a baby name book) Kaiya said. It came out more like she was shy, rather than lying.
(another a/n: from now on I'll refer to her as Kasumi)

Katara and Aang's smiles widened, while Sokka's expression softened a bit. "That's a beautiful name," Katara said finally.

Zuko

"I'm sorry sir, but the only sign that she was here is this," said one of Zuko's Fire Benders, opening his hand to reveal a small, expensive looking fire pendant. Zuko snatched it up out of the soldiers hand, examining it closely. It was definitely the one he had given her. He looked around him again, studying the scene. There had obviously been a really bad fight here, for their was a dead rhino laying some feet away, and a small clearing had been made by so many trees being burnt down. A sure sign that the soldiers protecting Kaiya had had to fight. There were several bodies near by, one of which had been a small girl, who he assumed had been accompanying Kaiya. But Kaiya's body was nowhere to be found......

The next day

'Kasumi' looked around her, which was a difficult task with her hair blowing all over the place. She was starting to get irritated.

"Could we PLEASE land for a second!," she called out, fuming. Seeing since this was the first time any of them had heard Kasumi get so frustrated, Aang willingly obliged.

A few seconds after they landed, Kasumi jumped off Appa after everyone else. She walked over to Sokka's bag and started going through it.

"HEY! What the hell are you doing!?," Sokka called over angrily to Kasumi. But she didn't answer, for she had just found what she was looking for. Before anyone could respond, Kasumi pulled out a long knife from Sokka's bag and started hacking off her waist length hair up to her ears. A few seconds later the job had been done, and Kasumi placed the knife back in its original place, satisfied. 'Flying should be much more comfortable now' Kasumi thought to herself, smirking at the shocked expressions on her new friends face's and hopping back on Appa.

( So, what do you think? Please review!)
p.s a special thanks to the following for reviewing ( -starts crying- I love you guys so much!)
Demon Dea
Kittywhisker
Tabitha93
-hands out Avatar plushies to above listed people-


Converting /tmp/phpsVchjU to /dev/stdout