Fan Fiction ❯ Looking in a Mirror ❯ Chapter Ten ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter ten-
 
As they walked back to their cars, Eric was looking up at the dark gray sky contemplating the `situation'. His hand still in Devan's who was watching him as he thought it over.
 
Many thoughts were going threw Eric's mind, some actually relevant to who was standing next to him and what had just happened, or might happen, and some were not related to anything at all. His mind was in chaos, even though he'd been calm and even happy only a few second before.
 
The question that kept popping up, amongst the equations and thoughts that he deemed not necessary at the moment, was now what was going to happen between him and Devan. He could already tell it wasn't going to go back to how, he had thought, it had been, just by the fact his hand was in Devan's as they walked threw the now steadily coming down snow, and how close they were standing in relation to each other.
 
He decided, seeing as it was probably the best things to say that was in his head at the time, to pose the question to Devan. He looked over at him to find that he was staring, with an odd look of, Eric didn't quite know, on his face. Eric blushed a little as he met Devan's eyes, still trying to figure out his emotions from a few minutes ago. He took a deep breath and said, “So, now…ah…what's…going to happen?” he asks slowly.
 
Devan shrugged, “What do you want to happen?” he asked smoothly as though this was all planed, and it probably was to some extent.
 
“I…ah…” Eric stumbled. He didn't know, he didn't have any experience with relationships. He only had two friends and had never dated anyone. This was over his head and he was drowning trying to figure it out.
 
Devan gave a light laugh at the look of confusion, worry, and unknowing that came over Eric's face. “There are a few choices,” he said, “We can either, A, ignore this happened, I'll let go of your hand, we'll walk back to our cars and forget it, B, We can take things as they come and figure them out then, or C, we can go get something to eat, talk this over and figure it our more…and possible consider it a…” he gave another shrugged, “date.”
 
Eric, who had been thinking about the first two options and hadn't liked either, now looked at him and blinked. “What?” he asked, though he though he'd heard it right, he wasn't sure.
 
“Option C,” he said, assuming that was what Eric had been `what-ing' to, “we can go get something to eat, talk this over and figure it our more and possible consider it a…date.”
 
Eric blushed again, this time a bit deeper, this really wasn't his thing, really. He wasn't good with people, and being in a relationship with anyone wasn't something he'd done other than the friendship with Peter, and…ah… whatever it was with Devan, so he wasn't very experienced with this sort of stuff. “Is there any other…ah…options?” he asked, making sure.
 
“Well,” Devan said, “There is option D, but I don't think I'm even going to throw that one out there, since there's no way it would even be considered,” he said, with a slightly evil look on his face.
 
Eric decided he didn't want to know, so didn't say anything more about it. He thought on the other options a bit more as they walked, neither of them saying anything. Then Eric finally said, as they were reaching the cars, “I think, uh…option c is the best one.” This was muttered to the ground, as they walked.
 
Devan looked over at him to see how red he was. And found he was a fine shade of pink, even though his skin was tan. “Where do you want to eat?” Devan asked, figuring he'd let Eric pick since this was a new…er experience for him.
 
Eric looked over at Devan then looked at the ground again, snowflakes catching in his hair on top of the ones that were already there so his brown hair looked mostly white. “I don't know,” he said quietly, still looking at the ground.
 
“How about you look at me?” Devan asked stopping, he wasn't going to wait till they got out of the snow for this.
 
Eric was forced to stop to since Devan didn't let go of his hand. Eric looked up at him, “I'm…ah…sorry…” he'd already done something wrong. “I…” this was going to be hard, Eric realized, not that he hadn't already known that, it just hadn't completely hit him. And it would be hard still since they were both guys, Eric wasn't sure if he'd be able to handle it, but he wanted to try.
 
Devan just shook his head, “Look, something you need to know right now, even before we take one more step. I've dated quite a few guys and even more women…” Eric felt the urge to look down as Devan spoke, “but I haven't felt anything for them like what I feel for you, even since I first met you. So you're not going to be able to do anything stupid enough to make me leave. You don't need to apologize so much, I actually think how you get embarrassed so easily is…cute. So you don't need to continually look at the ground, or hide your embarrassment from me, okay.”
 
Eric felt even more embarrassed than before. He fought to do what Devan had just asked him not to. He just stared at Devan's face, trying to comprehend everything he'd just said, while trying not to hide.
 
Devan smiled, “We should get out of the cold, how does Town's out sound?” he asked starting to walk again.
 
“Th…that's fine,” Eric said taking a slightly bigger step so he wasn't behind Devan, since Devan had started walking before him, but so he was beside him.
 
“Ok. The one that's closest, on 42nd,” Devan checked.
 
Eric nodded, “Yeah, that's good.”

“Ok, well the cars are right up there,” he said, pointing to the parking lot that had just appeared in front of them.
 
As they reached their cars, that were parked next to each other in the empty parking lot, Eric was reluctant to let go of Devan's hand, incase this hadn't happened.
 
As Devan went to let go of Eric's hand and Eric didn't let his hand go, he looked back at him. “Are you going to let my hand go?” he asked raising an eyebrow.
 
“Y…yeah,” Eric said, not letting go right away, then letting Devan's hand drop from his own.
 
Devan continued to look at Eric as he fumbled with his keys. Then he took the two steps that closed the distance between them and caught his wrist that was attached to the hand that was holding that keys and pulled Eric closed to him, wrapping his arms around Eric's shoulders and putting his head on Eric's. “Whatever you're afraid of, what ever it is, we'll fix it, we'll get threw it, together. Don't worry, Eric, I'm not going anywhere.”
 
After Eric had gotten over the initial shock of being pulled into the embrace, he relaxed, though he was blushing again. Devan's words made him feel…better in a way. To know Devan wasn't going to leave because he wasn't the best at being around people, because he wasn't sure how to handle this whole thing yet, that gave him some comfort. Eric put his arms around Devan's waits to return the embrace.
 
Then Devan loosened his hold and said in a low voice, “Let's go eat.”
 
Eric dropped his arms and stepped back Devan moving out of Eric's way so he could get to his car door. Devan went over to his driver's side door and looked back at Eric who was climbing into his car. He opened the door and plopped down on the seat, wondering, too, how this would end up. He knew how he felt, but he also knew he had no idea what Eric was going threw. “This could be a long but interesting ride,” he muttered as he stared the engine.