Fan Fiction ❯ Looking in a Mirror ❯ Chapter Nineteen ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Nineteen-
 
“Turn here,” Madelyn said, instructing Eric into a parking lot. The restaurant sign read `Blue Jazz'. They pulled into a parking spot next to a red sports car.
 
Eric and Madelyn got out of the car and headed inside. The inside was dimly lit with blue lights and looked a bit upscale for a teenage hangout.
 
“Here, let's go sit over here,” she said, leading him to an empty booth.
 
“Ah, ok,” he said, following.
 
*~*~*
 
Derek and Devan sat at a booth talking. More like Derek trying to have a conversation about something and Devan not cooperating, when he saw Madelyn and Eric walk in and head toward them. “Hey, Devan, I think we should go to the buffet now,” he said, going to stand up.
 
“But they haven't even taken our drink order yet,” he said, kind of confused at the jump in what Derek was doing.
 
“Yeah, well, I'm really hungry, so we should go get something to eat, now,” he said getting out of the booth and waiting impatiently for Devan to join him.
 
“O…ok,” Devan said and stood up to follow Derek as he headed to the buffet.
 
*~*~*
 
Madelyn sat down across form Eric and started to talk to him, mostly on sided though, about nothing really at all when she saw the people sitting in the booth behind Eric come back. Her eyes grew wide as she attempted to not act any different as her mind screamed, Derek…why are you here?!
 
*~*~*
 
As Devan and Derek sat down he caught Madelyn's eye and threw her and `what the heck are you doing here' look.
 
She shrugged a bit and gave him a `how in the world could I have known you were going to be here' expression back.
 
“Madelyn, are you ok?” Eric asked her, “You're looking a little pale?”
 
“Oh, no, I'm fine, it's nothing, really,” she said back giving him a cute smile. “Hey, why don't we go get out food, ok?”
 
“Uh, ok,” he said as they both stood up. He started to go the way that would lead past where Derek and Devan were sitting.
 
Madelyn quickly grabbed his wrist, “We really should go this way,” she said, hastily tugging on he arm to get him to come with her.
 
“But wouldn't it be faster to…” he started to say and point the way he'd been headed but Madelyn cut him off.
 
“No, it's better to go this, really,” she said, still dragging him in the other direction.
 
“Ok, well, I guess if you say so,” he said giving up and following her the longer way to the buffet.
 
After they had gotten their food she made sure that he went the long way again to get back to the booth to keep him from spotting Devan and Derek.
 
When they sat down Derek caught her attention and motioned to the bathrooms hinting he wanted to talk to her. “I…ah…have to go to the bathroom,” she told Eric standing up.
 
“Um…ok,” Eric said, taking a bit of his food.
 
“I'll be back in a minute,” she said heading off to the bathrooms.
 
*~*~*
 
Derek stood up, “I'll be back in a minute I've got to go the bathroom.”
 
Devan nodded, “Whatever.”
 
Derek headed over to the bathrooms to find Madelyn standing there “What are you doing here?” he asked in a low voice.
 
“Hey, you told me to take him somewhere, I'm taking him somewhere. How was I supposed to know you were taking Devan here too? You never tell me anything like that!”
 
“Well, just keep them from seeing each other,” he told her, turning.
 
“Looks like we're a little late for that one,” she replied, pointing to Devan and Eric.
 
 
Eric sat in the booth wondering how long it took someone to go to the bathroom and Devan, right behind Eric, was wondering where the drink he'd ordered was.
 
Eric tuned around to look to see if Madelyn was coming back when Devan turned around to see if the waiter was coming. Their noses met over the back of the booth.
 
“D…Devan,” Eric said looking down at the seat as his face flushed.
 
“Eric,” Devan said, a bit confused. “What are you doing here?”
 
“I…ah…what are you doing here?” Eric asked back.
 
“Derek brought me here,” Devan said back.
 
So, he's already moved on with that jerk. I though he didn't even like him anymore. Shows how much he really cared about me, Eric thought. “Well, Madelyn wanted to come here,” Eric said.
 
So he does like that girl. Well, then I guess he wasn't what I thought he was. This is better then, Devan thought. “Well, have fun with that girl,” Devan said and turned around in the booth.
 
“I…will,” Eric said back and turned around also.
 
*~*~*
 
“Well, it actually looks like this might not be a bad thing after all. Good job Madelyn,” Derek said. “Wait a little bit before going back out there.”
 
“Thanks, and I will,” she said, leaning against the wall.
 
*~*~*
 
“Did something happen while I was gone, you look like you're in a worst mood then you were before,” Derek said as he sat down.
 
“No, nothing happed, Derek. Do you think we could leave though?” Devan asked as Madelyn passed the table. He caught sight of her briefly and though that he should know her from somewhere, but didn't think about it much.
 
“Sure, whatever you want Sugar,” he said, laying a fifty dollar bill on the table. They stood up and walked out of the restaurant.
 
*~*~*
 
Madelyn sat down across from Eric and said, “Hey, are you ok, you look upset. Did something happen?”
 
“Nah…it wasn't anything. Here, let's just finish eating ok,” he said, giving her a small yet fake smile.
 
“Alright, if you say so,” she replied and took a bite of her food. Man, he must really still like Devan. Why does Derek have to do stuff like this, she thought, he can really be a jerk. “Hey, you know, I'm sure you and your girlfriend will get through whatever it is that's going on, she'd be an idiot to let get away,” she said with a wink.
 
Eric blushed a little, “thanks, but I'm not so sure your right.”
 
“I'm pretty sure I am, now eat, you're too skinny,” she said, taking another bit.
 
Eric rolled his eyes but didn't argue with her anymore, he just took a bite of the remaining food on he plate.