Fan Fiction ❯ Looking in a Mirror ❯ Chapter Twenty ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Twenty-
 
Over the next couple of weeks Eric and Devan didn't see much of each other, except in forensics where they didn't speak to one another if they didn't have to.
 
Then one day the teacher was splitting them up into pairs of two and sending them to relatively far apart areas to practice monologues. "Ok, Tim and Ali you two go over in that corner. Greg and Allan, the big practice room" she went on like t is for a little while, then she got to the last two. "Ok, Devan and Eric, you two in that open closet over there," she pointed to a closet whose door was halfway open.
 
The two stood up and headed to the closet, Devan closing the door as the teacher said, "But don't close it all...oh dear... Devan, Eric, that door locks and I...ah...don't have my keys. I'm going to have to borrow the band director's keys I'll be back soon so just hold on." She hastily headed out of the class room to find the band director.
 
*~*~*
 
Devan and Eric sat in the closet in uncomfortable silence for a time until Devan finally said, "So, have you been doing...alright?"
 
Eric nodded, "Y...yeah, I've...ah...yeah."
 
"That's good. You know, it's been...really...boring without you around," Devan said.
 
Eric looked down, "I would have thought Derek would have kept you busy."
 
Devan leaned forward as he spoke, get almost close enough to kiss him as he said, "Derek's no..."
 
"Ok, boys," came the teacher's voice as she unlocked the door. Devan pulled back and sent the opening door an angry look. "I'm sorry about that," she said as she stuck her head in the closet.
 
They both stood, Devan looking a bit annoyed and Eric looking confused and a little flustered.
 
As they stepped out of the closet a kid from across the room said, "Hey, look Devan and Eric are coming out of the closet!"
 
The kids in the class giggled as and Devan and Eric took their seats, both a bit uncomfortable after that comment.
 
*~*~*
 
Madelyn was waiting outside of Eric's class room when he exited. "How do you get here so fast?" he asked.
 
She gave him a small smile and shrug before taking his books and walking off with them.
 
Eric stared at her back for a moment before taking off after her. "Hey, wait, this isn't even the right direct to get to my classroom!" he said as he came up behind her.
 
She looked back at him over her shoulder. "I know, so you better answer this question right to get them back so you can get to class on time," she said with a small, mischievous smile.
 
"What question?" he asked, coming up even next to her.
 
"Well, I was wondering, that since I'm in the spring play, if you would tech it?" she asked, her eyes big and pleading.
 
Eric rolled his eyes, "Do I have choice?"
 
"Only if you don't want your books back," she told him, holding his books tighter to her chest.
 
He sighed, but was smiling, "Sure, I'll tech the play."
 
She grinned at him before saying, "Thank you!" and giving him a kiss on the cheek before handing his books back to him and skipping off to her class.
 
Stared, surprised after her, before realizing he only had two minutes to get to class.
 
After school Kensie tracked down both Devan and Eric, starting with the later.
 
"Eric!" she said, catching up to him in the parking lot. "Hey, I'm having a birthday part next Friday and I wanted to know if you wanted to come?"
 
Eric turned around when he heard his name. "Uh, yeah, sure. Is it at your house?" he asked, after Kensie had finished talking.
 
She nodded, "Yeah, it's at my house. And I'll see you there."
 
Eric nodded back before getting into his car.
 
Kensie walked off, back towards the school to find Devan. She was grinning as she crossed the parking lot. Half there, just need the other one and we're all set.