Fan Fiction ❯ Looking in a Mirror ❯ Chapter Twenty-One ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I know I don't normally do these, but I just thought that I would say sorry for how long this took. I couldn't get on the computer for awhile and such, and I've just been so lazy when it's come to posting this chapter. So, I am very sorry, again, I hope you like this chapter and the next one will be out soon, I promise. ~Silver
 
Chapter Twenty-one
 
The following Friday after school several people, including Eric and Devan, met at Kensie's house for her party.
 
Eric walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. As he stood there waiting for Kensie to answer the door Devan walked up next to him. Eric glanced over at him before looking back at the door.
 
Devan did the same thing shortly after, both of them shifting their wait uncomfortably. Devan resisted the urge to reach out and touch the other boy.
 
Eric tried not to look over at Devan hoping that Kensie would answer the door soon. As they stood there uncomfortably Eric decided to try knocking on the door again. He reached out his hand and was about to rap on the door when it opened, reviling Kensie's happy face. "Hey, sorry about taking so long to answer the door, but come on in!"
 
They both took a step forward, then stopped not being able to get threw the door at the same time. Devan smiled and motioned for Eric to go in first.
 
Eric nodded and entered saying, "Happy birthday Kensie," before heading into her house.
 
Devan stepped in behind him also saying, "Yeah, happy birthday."
 
As Devan went to follow Eric, Kensie stopped him, waiting a minute for Eric to get out of earshot. "Why don't you make up with him?"
 
Devan looked at her, then said, "W-what makes you think I want to?"
 
She raised her eyebrows, while rolling her eyes at him. "Devan, it's totally obvious that you're not over him, and that he's not over you either. You're both just in denial, and he's to shy to do anything about it anyway," she told him, crossing her arms.
 
"What about that girl that's always around him, he seems to be around her. And he seems happy when she's around too," he said trying to convince her or himself he was sure.
 
She glared at him, "He's not getting along with you, he's not talking to Peter, you and Peter are his closest friends, it makes sense he'd find someone else to talk to without you two."
 
"He'd already been talking to her," he pointed out.
 
She was tempted to slap him again. Why did have to be like this? "So, he's not allowed to make new friends? Devan, he has a hard time talking to people, you know that. So if he makes friends, you should be happy for him, he hasn't got many. Just try to understand what being shy is like, how hard it is. He's also a nice person, its hard for him to tell other people no. Look at it from his side, Devan. Right now you just look like a jerk," she told him flat out.
 
Devan blinked, but didn't know what to say in return to that. So he didn't, he just walked off into the living room where the others were.
 
Kensie sighed and followed after him, hoping he'd listen to what she'd said. But as for now she had a party to throw and a game to rig. Though not really rig, but hope luck was on her side.
 
Once she got into the room it had already been decided that she should open her presents first. She smiled and nodded in agreement, taking a seat.
 
She was then handed a purple and green wrapped present. She opened it to revile a book.
 
She opened quite a few more presents before she was through. She smiled and thanked everyone, then stood up, "how about we go down to the basement and play a little spin the bottle?"
 
The group nodded and followed Kensie to her basement. They sat down in a circle and Kensie pulled out the bottle. "Couple of things," she started before sitting back down, "If the bottle lands on a member of the same gender you do not have to kiss them, though feel free to do so if you want. And if the bottle lands between two people you can choose who you want to kiss between those two. Alright, lets start." She set the bottle in the circle and spun it. The bottle landed on Kevin.
 
Kensie smiled and pulled him over to the closet. Even if those two don't end up kissing, she thought, luck is still on my side.
 
*~*~*
 
Moments later the two of them returned from the closet and the next person spun. This continued and eventually the bottle reached Eric. He sighed a little before placing his hand on the bottle and twisting his hand. The bottle went around and around slowly losing speed.
 
For a moment it looked as though it was going to land on Kensie before it came to rest on...Devan.
 
Eric's mind went blank as he stared at the older boy. Why had the bottle nave to land on him of all people? It wasn't really that he didn't want to kiss him. It was just that...he didn't really know. He was mad at him, that was it, he was still mad at him...but he did miss him.
 
Kensie hid her smile. "Well?" she asked, prompting them if they were going to go kiss.
 
Devan stood up, watching Eric to see if he was going to also. Hoping he would, praying...
 
Eric semi-reluctantly got to his feet. He saw the relief on Devan's face as he did so.
They walked over to the closet, Eric in front. He turned the door knob and the door creaked as he pulled it open. The two silently went inside, Devan pulling the door closed behind him.
 
*~*~*
 
Everyone else at the party sat in silence for a moment before a girl spoke up. "I thought we didn't have to kiss a member of the same sex," she said.
 
Then everyone, but Peter and Kensie thought for a moment then gasped. A different girl said the thoughts of the rest of the group out loud, "Are they gay?!"
 
Nobody responded.
 
*~*~*
 
In the closet Eric and Devan stood neither having said anything yet. Devan thought about a few things he could a probably should say, but before he had the chance to get any sort of thought together Eric had kissed him then pulled back, and was reaching for the door knob. Devan blinked, and reacting just in time caught Eric's wrist.
 
He bit his bottom lip, not something he normally did, and looked for a good word to begin with. He didn't find any, so went with instinct and pulled on the wrist that was in his grip.
 
Eric was caught off guard when Devan tugged on his arm and fell against his chest, almost knocking a broom or two over in the process. Before he could say anything, he felt him lips being covered by another pair.
 
Devan leaned down and put his lips over Eric's, not in a quick kiss, not in a 'small' kiss, but showing him he still cared for him, still wanted to be with him. Showing him without words that he was truly sorry.
 
When they broke apart to breathe, they were panting. Devan rested him head against Eric's. Once he caught his breath he said in low voice, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gotten so mad. I wasn't t inking about you, I just wasn't thinking. Will you forgive me? I don't think I can bare to have you avoiding me any more."
 
Eric didn't say anything for awhile. Then he finally spoke, "You're right you weren't thinking...but neither was I. And I don't think I could stand to avoid you any longer, either. I forgive you as long as next time you'll think." He was smiling now, the first real smile in a while. Then he made a face, "What about Derek? If we're back together..."
 
Devan made just about the same face, "What about Derek? I bet he was behind all this anyway. By the way...what is Madelyn's last name?"
 
Eric blinked. "Balenty, I think. Why?" he asked, now confused.
 
Devan shook his head. "I'm an idiot," he sighed. "This was all set up by Derek."
 
Now Eric was very confused. "Huh?"
 
*~*~*
 
"They've been in there for awhile," pointed out a boy, who was giving the closet an odd look.
 
"Just chill out," Kensie sighs. Either one of them is dead or they're going at it, she thought. She wasn't sire which she would prefer since they were in her closet.
 
*~*~*
 
Devan smiled, for having a brain he sure can miss things. "Madelyn is Derek's little sister," he explained, "probably talked her into doing all the stuff she did."
 
Eric tried to follow his new regained boyfriend on this. "Madelyn is Derek's sister?" he asked, confused.
 
"Yes. I though she was familiar, but ignored it," he told him.
 
"Idiot," was the only thing Eric said.
 
Devan smiled, "what do you say we come out of the closet?"
 
Eric gave him an odd look, "Did you just word that wrong, or do you want to exit this closet holding hands, realizing, that most your friends are sitting in a circle out there, probably already contemplating the possibility of you being gay."
 
Devan smiled, took his hand and opened the door.
 
Eric had no time to think ad he was mostly dragged out of the closet in front of a bunch of people he barely even knew, holding Devan's hand. A light Blush covered his cheeks as many pairs of eyes took in the scene in front of them.
 
Then a couple of girls, with crushes on Devan, gasped, and then the room was silent. Till a kid in the circle asked, "Did they just come out of the closet?"
 
"In more ways than one," Kensie answered, grinning hugely. And my plan worked, she thought, and mentally pats herself on the back.