Fan Fiction ❯ Looking in a Mirror ❯ Chapter Twenty-Two ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Twenty-Two
 
The rest of the party went by smoothly, for the most part. Devan pretty much followed Eric around, he was really happy to have him back again, and didn't want to let him out of his sight, at least not for a little while.
When the party was over Devan walked Eric over to his car. "I want to see you this weekend. Let's go out," Devan told him, his arm casually around the other boy's waist.
"Go out where?" Eric asked, turning slightly to face him, only now he was sorta trapped between his car and Devan. He looked up at Devan's face, seeing him smile.
"Well, I think we should go see a movie. Whatever you want to see," he told Eric, his mouth close to the other's ear.
Eric smiled and nodded, trying to ignore what the taller boy's breath on his ear was doing to him. "Sounds like fun. Ummm...tomorrow?" he asked hoping Devan wasn't going to make any sort of 'scene' in Kensie's driveway.
"I'll see you tomorrow then," he said, before capturing Eric's lips with his own.
Eric enjoyed the sensation of Devan's lips on his, a sensation he'd missed. He deepened the kiss by moving his head to the side, his arms sliding around Devan's waist.
A girl leaving the party, one of the one's with a crush on Devan, walked past Eric's car on the way to her own. She glanced over in the couple's direction then made a squeaking sound and hurried off in the direction of her car.
Eric pulled back, not an easy thing to do with your back to a car, and glanced in the girl's direction, blushing slightly.
Devan chuckled at the worried look on Eric's face. Then said, again, "See you tomorrow," giving him another, but quicker, kiss.
He walked off to his car, not really wanting to leave Eric, but figuring he should get home.
 
The next day Devan called Eric to see what time the movie he wanted to see was at.
The phone rang three times before someone picked up. "Yeah," came a female's voice from the other end of the phone.
"Hi Molly, is Eric there?" he asked her, hoping not to get questioned by her. No such luck.
"You haven't called here for awhile, did my brother and you have a fight and you wanna make up with him?" she asked.
Devan grinned thinking, I've already made up with him, now I want to make out with him. But he only thought that, instead he said, "Molly, just put Eric on the phone."
"Can't," she replied, sounding amused.
"Why is that," he asked getting a bit annoyed with her.
"He's taking a shower," she told him matter-of-factly.
Devan sighed, "Fine just tell him I called, alright?"
"Yeah, sure thing," she said hanging up.
Devan glared at the phone, man she has got to get over herself, he thought, before setting the phone down.
 
"Who was that?" Eric asked drying his hair off as he stepped out of the bathroom.
"Eh," she shrugged, "just your boyfriend."
"Wha...?!" he asked a bit surprised and maybe a tad to fast.
"Chill out, I was only teasing. I didn't mean it. It was Devan," she told him, throwing the phone at him, "He wants you to call him back."
"Oh," he said, thinking, just my boyfriend...she has no idea how right on she was. He punches in the numbers to call Devan back.
 
Devan picked up the phone he seemed to have just set down. "Hmm?" he said, his usual way of answering.
Eric laughed, that always made him laugh. It wasn't a real greeting, or even a halfway decent way of answering the phone, that's why it was funny.
Devan rolled his eyes, "You still find that amusing, huh?"
Eric only laughed more, before saying, "My sister told me my boyfriend called, what is that you wanted?"
"I wan...wait your sister told you your boyfriend called? How does she...?" he said, confused. He didn't think she'd figure it out, and he was pretty sure Eric wouldn't have told her.
Eric smiled, laughing a bit more. "She was joking when she said it, even though she was right. Anyway, you wan...ted?" he asked.
"Oh...yeah...right. Yeah, the movie and time for the movie," he said, trying not to sound embarrassed.
"The movie, um...spherical and it's at one-thirty-five. I thought that if you wanted to see me before then we could go to lunch or something,” he suggested, lying back on his bed.
“Yeah, going to lunch sounds great…anywhere you want to go in particular?” Devan asked, trying not to sound too exited about seeing his boyfriend.
“I picked the movie, you can pick the restaurant,” Eric said, smiling. He'd missed being around Devan, and from how Devan was acting he guessed Devan had missed being around him too.
“Alright, how about…” Devan thought for a moment. The only restaurant that came to mind was the one Derek had taken him to when they had run into Eric and Madelyn. “Well, don't think into this at all, but what about Blue Jazz?”
Eric thought for a moment, trying to figure out why the restaurant name sounded familiar. He kept trying to figure it out for a few more moments before saying, “Oh, the one Madelyn took me to…and that Derek…well doesn't matter, anyway, yeah sure.”
“Then I'll see you there in about fifteen minutes?” Devan asked, making sure the amount of time was alright with him.
Eric nodded, not that Devan could see him doing so, and said, “Yeah, fifteen minutes. See you then.”
Both boys hung up with a smile on their face. Devan went into the bathroom to finish getting ready.
Eric pulled a shirt over his head, reaching for the phone now that he was fully dressed to go put it up. He grabbed the brush as he passed the bathroom on his way to the living room and pulled it through his hair.
After putting the phone and brush up he headed to his room for his keys before heading for the door to put his shoes on.
“Where ya going?” Molly asked, trying to sound innocent.
“To lunch and a movie,” he answered, not paying much attention to her as he pulled his shoes on.
“With whom?” she asked, trying to get some sort of information out of him, maybe something she can hold above his head to get him to do stuff for her.
“Devan,” he answered, pulling the other shoe on, still not paying any attention to her.
“Oh, so you're going on a date?” she said, smirking at him.
“Nope, just going out with a friend,” he answered her. Though he hadn't been paying much attention to her, he had been expecting her to ask that.
“Oh, really?” she said, not sounding convinced. She'd been expecting him to answer like that, even though she suspected that her older brother was indeed dating Devan. “I don't think that you're 'just' going out with a friend, I think you're going out with him.”
“I'm going out to lunch with him,” Eric said, standing up, both shoes now on.
Molly sighed, “I think you and him are a in a relation ship, that you two are boyfriends.”
Eric tried not to show anything, “Well, then you should rethink that…”
“Eric, you're no good at lying, so just stop. Look, I don't care if your interest is in guys…and the only reason I care if you're Devan's…boyfriend…is because I like him. So, if you are seeing him, and I mean really seeing him, then you don't need to lie to me about it,” she said, a bit haughtily and even sound a little hurt that he wouldn't tell her.
Eric sighed, “Look Molly, I need to go…but, yes, Devan and I are going out, actually going out. I'll see you later though, bye.” He gave her a smile and headed out the door, pulling his keys out of his pocket.
Molly stood there watching him as the door closed. She sighed, “That means I'm out of luck, but at least you're happy Eric.” She turned and headed down the hall to her room, smiling bitterly.
 
Eric sat in the driver's seat for time, thinking about what Molly had just said, and what he'd just admitted to her. If the rest of his family was to know about him and Devan was now in her hands.
He may not be very sure that that was a good thing, but he didn't have any more time to think about it. He started the engine and drove to Blue Jazz to meet Devan.
 
Eric walked into the restaurant and looked around not seeing Devan yet he stood by the entrance to wait for him.
As he was waiting a couple of girls walked in. The first one saw him and pointed to him and whispered something in her friend's ear. The other girl looked over in his direction. After looking at him for a moment, she nodded in agreement with her friend and both girls giggled a little.
Devan had watch the girls in their antics from the other side of the door. And smiled, yes his boyfriend did look quite hot today, but that didn't mean he wanted other people checking him out, that was his job.
One of the girls elbowed her friend in the side and nudged her forward.
Ok, Devan had had enough of watching the girls who were showing interest in Eric. He pushed the door open and walked over to Eric, who hadn't noticed the girls who had been checking him out, and put and arm around his waist, kissing his cheek.
Eric was a bit startled but the arm suddenly around his waist but he smiled when he saw who it was. Eric frowned at the kiss on his cheek.
Devan grinned at the slightly disappointed look on the other boy's face after he only kissed him on the cheek. "not enough for you?" he asked softly into his ear.
Eric blushed slightly but shook his head a little.
"Well, you'll just have to wait till the movie for more," Devan responded. As they walked off to a booth, he glanced back at two girls.
The first one had a shocked look on her face, the other just looked disappointed. Two good looking guys, and they're a couple, why does that always seem to happen, she thought, as she waved her hand in front of her friend's face to get her to start moving.
Eric blinked and looked back to see what Devan was looking at but the girls were already gone. He shrugged and turned around following Devan to a table.
They sat down and not long after a waiter came up asking, "My I take your drink orders?"
Devan gave the man a smile and nodded, "Yeah I'll take a Miss. Fizz..."
"And I'll have water," Eric finished.
The waiter nodded and headed of to get them their drink orders.
"Shall we go get our food then?" Devan asked, scooting out of the booth.
Eric nodded and followed his lead, standing up. They both headed over to the buffet. Grabbing plates they got whatever food they wanted before heading back to their seats.
"So," Devan started, trying to come up with a good topic for a conversation.
"Well," Eric started, "Molly, um...knows about us."
Devan looked up sharply, almost losing the food he'd been maneuvering to his mouth. "What?! I thought you said she was just joking about that?" Devan asked, he wasn't sure why he was making such a big deal about this, his family knew, and after that party so would most of the kids at school come Monday. It was more that Eric had elected not to tell his family about their relationship, or about the fact that he was interested in guys at all, and Molly knowing could mess that up.
"Well, at that point I think she was, but she put it all together, and asked me about it. So, she knows, and I just thought that I should tell you," Eric shrugged, it really wasn't a big deal if his family found out, he couldn't see any of them taking it too badly, specially if Molly's reaction was so off from what he thought it would be.
"Well, it's not really a big deal to me, you're the one who's family doesn't know, anyone I was keeping it from will know come Monday anyway," Devan replied, then took a bite, "but thanks for letting me know."
Eric sighed at being reminded at what was to probably come on Monday. "Yeah, Monday," he muttered.
"Oh, it won't be that bad. The majority of the female population might be a little jealous at first, but they'll get over it," he gave Eric a smile.
"But angry girls can get a bit irrational, you never know what they could do," Eric said with a frown, he knew, his sister had done some pretty odd stuff while angry.
"Yeah, but they can't do anything too bad," Devan replied, "and we should probably get going because the movie is going to start in about half an hour."
Eric nodded and put the last bite in his mouth. Eric then went to pull money for the meal out of his pocket but Devan beat him to it.
"My treat," smiled standing after putting more than enough money for the two meals on the table.
Eric smiled a little and jokingly said, "Yeah, you rich people flaunt your money whenever you can."
Devan grinned back at him and said winking, "You know it." As they walked to the door Devan grabbed Eric's hand from next to his leg and held it tight as they headed for the parking lot.
 
Once at the movie theater Devan also bought Eric's ticket and snacks, not that Eric minded or said anything, he figured Devan was paying for everything because he wanted it to be more like a date. And right he was.
The two of them took a seat in the second to last row in the middle. Devan wasn't quite sure what the movie was about and to be honest he really didn't care that much....he wasn't planning on watching it that close anyway.
Eric took a handful of popcorn and put it into his mouth as the lights started to dim. The screen showed one of those 'please no talking and turn off your cellphones' things then proceeded to the 'advertisements'...also known as previews.
As the movie started Eric went to grab more popcorn, which the bag was sitting on Devan's lap, Devan reached up and caught Eric's hand in his own.
Eric glanced over at the popcorn a bit longingly, but didn't take his hand out of the other boy's.
Devan smiled a little, and took a piece of the popcorn and placed it on Eric's mouth so he could eat it.
Eric chuckled quietly before opening his mouth so Devan could place the piece of popcorn inside it.
As Eric was chewing the piece of popped, buttery corn Devan leaned over and kissed him, licking his lips to get the salty taste that was left by the popcorn.
Eric swallowed the small amount of food in his mouth before returning Devan's kiss. He wrapped his free arm around Devan's neck while opening his mouth so Devan's tong could come in. He felt the other boy's tong roam over his teeth, his own tong. It slid across the roof of his mouth before passing over his teeth again, stopping at his lips briefly on its way out, back to is owner's mouth.
The two sat in their chairs, their arms still tangled around the other, panting slightly, but being sure to do so quietly..
Then the two heard a small, quite squeal. Their heads snapped back to find a pair of girls sitting there, brown hairs, brown eyes, glasses, and about the same height, giggling and quietly chanting, "Yaoi, yaoi, yaoi."
Devan and Eric both stared at the blankly for a moment, then Eric blushed bright red, figuring they were talking about something to do the kiss. He turned around acting like he was watching the movie even though he no longer knew what the heck was going on in it.
Devan who had also figured the same thing as Eric was trying hard not to laugh so loud he would disturb the others in the movie theatre. He had heard about the girls that were openly into gay guys, or 'fan girls', but since he hadn't ever openly show affection for a guy in public before he'd never run into any that he knew of. It was a bit funny, though he could tell that Eric was embarrassed by it.
The girls sitting behind them must have picked up on it too because they seemed to try to stop their giggling and their chanting disappeared.
Devan shook his head and grabbed Eric's hand again. He wasn't going to let a couple of fan girls spoil his time with his boyfriend.
About an hour and a half and several small make out sessions and giggles from the 'fan girls' latter the movie was over.
As they left Devan spoke to the two girls that were behind him. "So, I figure since you were enjoying the private show as apposed to the one you actually came to see, I have a right to ask your names.
They both turned and the one with shorter hair, with a grin, said, "Amanda."
The longer haired one nodded as though in agreement to something. This confused Devan. "And her name?" he asked, having only got the other's name.
"I already told you," Amanda answered.
Devan still looked confused.
"Our both our names are Amanda," the longer haired Amanda answered.
He sighed and shook his head, "Confusing."
Eric didn't say anything, he just stood there, next to Devan, his face a cute shade of pink, or so Devan thought.
"So, what are your names, now that you know ours?" the shorter haired Amanda asked.
"Well, I'm Devan and this," he tugged on Eric's hand which he was holding, still, "is Eric."
"Well, it's nice to meet," the longer haired one answered.
"Yeah, but we should get going," the one with shorter haired said, with a smile.
"Bye, they both said in unison as they walked off to the parking lot.
"Weird couple of girls," Devan muttered.
Eric laughed a little, but didn't say anything about the Amandas that had just left.
Devan shrugged and then turned to Eric, asking, "So, what do you want to do now, anything?"
Eric thought for a moment before asking, "You've never been to my house have you?"
Devan thought for a moment, "Well, I've picked you up, but I've never been in your house, no," he answered.
"Well, do you want to? I don't think my parents will be home, and I'm not sure about Molly or Zack, so we might be alone....but we might not," he shrugged. "But only if you want to."
Devan smiled and nodded, "I'd like to see the inside of your house. And if your parents are home I can finally meet them."
Eric nodded, "Yeah, just be warned, it's not as big as your house."
"Not that I care," he said, leading Eric out to the parking lot.
 
Eric then Devan pulled into the driveway. There weren't any other cars in the driveway, but there could be one or both of the other cars in the garage, so that didn't mean anything.
Eric put his house key into the lock and turned the knob to open the door. As he and Devan walked into the house Molly and Zack stuck their head out of their bedroom door to see who was home. "Hi," came Zack's cheery voice. Molly just smiled and nodded at the two of them.
Devan gave a smile and a little wave back to the twins before their heads disappeared into their room again.
"So, I'm guessing that's your sibling's room. Now which room is yours?"
"That one," he pointed to his bedroom door, as he sat down to take off his shoes. "Oh, you need to take your shoes off...its a rule of my parents."
Devan chuckled and nodded bending down to also remove his shoes.
After they were both shoeless Eric led the way down the hall to his room. He opened the room and let Devan enter first before following him in, not sure if he should shut the door or not. He finally decided on closing it then walked over and sat in the chair next to his bed.
Devan looked around the other boy's room. It was a light green color, not mint a shade or two darker, the carpet was a brown bordering on cream, the bedding was a dark green trimmed in about the same light green color as the walls. There were science magazines here and there all over the room, and random books such as 'String Theory' or 'Super Gravity Theory' piled on a desk. All in all it was about what he had expected his boyfriend's bedroom to look like.
He took a seat on Eric's bed and a made a face at him when he noticed he was sitting in the chair.
The look was a bit pouty and Eric thought it made the older boy look cute. He grinned over at him before standing up and sitting down on his lap, "You don't know how cute that face made you look."
Devan gave Eric a 'I am not cute' look that made Eric laugh. "Yes, you are cute," Eric said, then softly put his lips on Devan's to keep him arguing.
Devan wasn't sure what to do, since Eric hardly ever kissed him, it was usually the other way around, so he was a bit caught off guard.
Eric could read Devan's slight shock and took advantage of it by putting his arm around the other's neck and slipping his tong in threw his slightly parted lips.
Now Devan was really surprised, Eric was being more forward than usual, not that he disliked that, it was just a bit unusual for him.
Once Devan got over his surprise his more dominate nature took over and he deepened the kiss fighting Eric's tong so he could get into his mouth.
After a few seconds Eric submitted and reluctantly pulled his tong back and allowed Devan's to enter into his mouth.
After another thirty seconds or so, they pulled back, panting slightly from lack of breathing. Devan moved his hand from Eric's waist and wiped some siliva off his chin.
As Devan went to kiss him again, there was a knock on the door. The two pulled back abruptly, though Eric was still on Devan's lap, as Molly stuck her head in. She made a face but said, "Eric, mom's home."
Eric nodded and stood up off Devan's lap.
Molly pulled her head out of her brother's room and closed the door, sighing. At least they weren't in the middle of kissing, she thought.
 
"So, you ready to meet my mom?" Eric asked, attempting not to blush at his sister walking in.
"Yeah, but I have one question first, am I your friend or your boyfriend?" Devan asked, wanting to make sure he knew what was going to be happening when he was introduced.
It took Eric a minute to figure out what Devan meant, my friend or my...oh, he though. Then he had to figure out what he wanted to tell him. He debated for a moment. His mom was pretty open about this stuff, she didn't seem to care if other people were, but still...yet he didn't want to keep this from his family any longer. Finally he sighed and opened his mouth and said, "You are my boyfriend."
Devan nodded noticing that he looked a bit scared about telling his family. He remembered telling his family. It was after Derek, his second boyfriend, Andrew. It was one of the hardest things he'd done. Abby and his mother had taken it alright, but it had taken some time for his father.
He stood up from the bed and gave Eric and encouraging smile while taking his hand and squeezing it gently. Eric gave him a smile back before heading to the door, not letting go of his hand until they reached the end of the hallway.
Eric stepped into the living, Devan close behind him.
Devan saw a woman that had shoulder length brown-blond hair and large green-blue eyes. She didn't look much like Eric at all. She was slightly heavy set though Devan couldn't tell her height since she was sitting down.
Eric was about to ask when his mother thought his dad might be home but then remembered he'd left on business that morning. So if he was going to tell his mom now he'd either have to say all this again or his dad would find out from his mother Oh well, he though, if I don't do this now who's to say I won't ever do it?
As he started to open his mouth to get his mother's attention, Zack came bounding down the hallway before stopping to study his brother's face. He looked at Eric questioningly, though he didn't say anything. He had a feeling he was going to find out soon anyway.
Molly stuck her head out of the room at not having heard her brother's cry of 'Hello mom!' or something similar.
She saw Eric, Zack and Devan standing at the edge of the hall almost in the living not speaking.
She walked out to them, figuring that Eric was planning on introducing Devan to their mom and not only as a friend.
"Mom," Eric said and his mother looked over at him, "I have someone I want you to meet. This is Devan m..."
"Oh!" his mom interrupted, "This is your friend I've heard so much about, well its ni..."
"Mom," Molly cut her off, "Eric wasn't done talking yet."
"Oh, you weren't, I'm so sorry hunny, keep going."
Eric stood there for a moment before attempting to speak, "Well, you see, he's sorta...well."
Devan un obviously rolled his eyes at Eric's use of the word sorta but he still made a movement that brushed their hands together to reassure him.
Zack was confused, he was his what...friend? Mom already knew that...what else could he be going on about?
Eric was attempting not to blush or get his words too tied up into knots, "I mean, not sorta, he is my...uh..."
Zack was working hard to figure out what Eric was trying to get to. He's his...his... He couldn't get it, just couldn't figure it out until it clicked and before he even thought about it out came, "You mean he's your boyfriend?!"
Molly had a look of 'My god Zack you're and idiot'. Devan's wasn't much different except maybe a bit amused by Zack more that the situation. Eric's was...well...embarrassed and something else not quite placible.
And their mother's was confused. Had her younger son just said this boy she'd just met was her older son's boyfriend? What?
Eric finally said, in a a voice barely audible, yet quite clear because of the fact no one else was speaking, "Yeah Zack."
His mother's look of confusion grew deeper while adding a slight touch of surprise. "You mean, this boy is your boyfriend, as in...you're dating him? Like you're...?" she asked, the unspoken word there.
Eric just nodded, not sure what else to say, what else to do.
"W...well then...I...ah....think he should stay...and have dinner with us," she said with a nod.
The other four in the room blinked. That wasn't at all what they were expecting her to say. No where near
Though of coarse Devan nodded politely and said, "I'd love to."
Dinner went over well. Devan and their mom seemed to get along well and she even said he'd have to come have dinner with them again some time.
Before Devan left to head home he and Eric stepped outside. "So, that went well with your mom," Devan said.
Eric nodded in agreement, "Yeah, it did. I just hope it goes as well with my dad."
"That would be nice. Anyway, I should get going. I'll see you at school on Monday," he kissed Eric before heading to his car. He glanced back, giving him a smile, before climbing into the driver's seat and pulling out of the driveway, hoping Eric's father would take it better than his own had done.