Fan Fiction ❯ Looking in a Mirror ❯ Chapter Twenty-Three ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter twenty-three
 
Monday Eric passed threw the parking lot and doors of his high school as though he was waiting for a bomb to explode. He kept looking around suspiciously and even jumped when someone put a hand on his shoulder.
"You seem really jumpy today," came Madelyn's high voice.
He sighed a little, then remembered what Devan had told him. "Yeah, um...is your brother's name Derek?"
She gave him a small smile. "I guess you found out then," it was more of a statement than an inquisition.
Eric raised an eyebrow, "Found out, more like figured it out. All took was a Devan and I not being mad at the other long enough to think about it."
"I didn't mean to hurt you," she said, her green eyes sad, "but Derek was really upset when we had to move and he lost Devan because of it, and I didn't want him to do anything to you in his quest to get Devan back. Then that time at Blue Jazz I saw how upset you were after talking with Devan and I knew that after a little while my brother's plan would fail and you two would end up together again. I could see how much you ucared about him, and how much he cared about you. So, I'm sorry I was part of my brother's plan and I understand if you don't want to talk to me anymore." She turned to leave but Eric caught her arm.
"I still want you to be my friend, but don't do anything like that again. And I'll talk to Devan about it too. I can tell you're not like your brother, that you really are a nice person," he let her arm go.
She gave him a small smile and said, "Thank you," before walking off to her group of friends.
Eric was also about to walk off when someone came up from behind and grabbed him around the waist. Eric gasped, startled before he heard a familiar voice in his ear, "Good morning."
Eric turned around in the person's grip and smiled up at his boyfriend. "Morning," he replied.
At the inquisitive looks of a couple of girls that hadn't yet heard Devan was dating a guy and glares from a few that had, and cared, Eric promptly blushed. Devan dropped his arms, thinking, man he's cute.
Then Devan grabbed Eric's hand, lacing his fingers threw the other boy's and leading him off to their usual bench.
He and Eric sat down, neither letting go of the other's hand.
Devan was amazed at how much just holding Eric's hand at the place he'd been hiding that part of him for almost three years made him feel better, happier than he had been in a while. He even felt happier, it was possible than he had when he and Eric had been together but had kept it hidden at school.
Eric was amazed at how many girls beamed when they saw him and Devan holding hands. Only a few glared in their, or more like his, direction, but a good majority just grinned. He wasn't really sure why this was, but then the two Amandas popped into his head, and he thought it might be a more toned down version of that.
Devan tugged on his arm so Eric would move closer. As he moved over so their arms were touching Derek came up.
He looked as though he'd woken up to coal in his stocking on Christmas morning.
Devan glared at him and Eric just sighed.
"Looks like you two made up," he said, not looking to happy about it.
"Yeah, with no help from you," Devan said, anger lacing his voice.
Eric felt Devan's hand tighten on his as he spoke to Derek. Eric didn't say anything, he feel the need to and he really didn't have anything to say anyway.
Devan chuckled a little, "True but I think you'll be happy to know that I won't be messing around in your life anymore. I know now that there's no point. So, I'll see you around." He turned on his heel and walked off before Devan could say anything.
Devan sat there blinking, a bit stunned by what Derek had just said. He was going to leave him alone? That didn't sound like Derek...it seemed to good to be true...but maybe it was, but he'd have to be careful.
The warning bell rang and Devan stood up as did Eric. Devan headed to class Eric following, their hands clasped together.
When they reached Eric's class room they stood there for a moment not wanting to release the other's hand. Finally Devan said, "I should get to class then. See you at lunch?" he asked.
Eric nodded, "Yeah, I'll see you at lunch."
Devan smiled, then quickly gave Eric a kiss before heading off to his own class room.
A couple of girls who had been going into another class room stopped and gawked for a moment.
Eric blushed and ducked into his own class room when he noticed them. He took a seat, a small smile on his face and a feeling that today was going to be a good day.
 
At lunch they sat closer than they normally would have, but other than that they acted mostly as they had before they had broken up. Devan did most of the talking and Eric listen, nodded, and would occasionally add something in.
After lunch they both headed to their forensics' class together. And Eric sat at the table where Devan sat with all his friends, though he felt a little uncomfortable with all the people. And even more so when Devan introduced him to the people as his boyfriend. A couple of the guys at the looked at him with weird looks on his face and one of the girls shot him a look, but the rest of the people smiled at him, and politely said "Hi."
After forensics Devan and Eric went in different directions. They agreed to meet out front after school to decide what they wanted to do after school.
 
When Eric walked out of the school after the bell rang he found Devan talking to a bunch of his friends. He thought about waiting for Devan to notice him, but instead he walked over to him, putting his arm around the other boy's shoulders.
Devan turned to look at him, before smiling. "Hey there."
Eric smiled back, "Hi!"
Devan put his arm around Eric's waist, looking at the others that were around them, "I'll talk to you guys later."
They nodded at him as he left, his arm still around Eric's waist. "What do you want to do?" he asked Eric.
Eric shrugged, just wanting to be around Devan, not really wanting to do anything in particular. "Nothing really, I just want to be around you."
Devan smiled, "Alright then, we can go to my house and just be there."
Eric nodded, "Ok, sounds good to me."
"Then I'll see you at my house," he told him giving him a kiss on the cheek before heading off to his car.
Eric sighed, whishing he's stop with the cheek kissing, before heading to his own car.