Fan Fiction ❯ Maelstrom ❯ Pt 1: Prison Break ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Maelstrom

Kentai Hentai

~Part the First: Prison Break~

"Look out the windows of the art room and what do you see? Bars. How inspiring to see such restriction in a place where we were told we are allowed to be creative, be ourselves. They mean the 'ourselves' that they have molded after years and years of tormenting our poor little minds making us into the perfect little robots. This is the time where we are supposed to divide ourselves into our little groups and march and on to destroy the other tribes, absorbing them into our own or merely acting like they no longer exist. I have no tribe yet I already know the routine, pretend you are accepted but I don't follow it. I stand out in the crowd of Old Navy and Gap models, the only one not looking like a preppy princess. I'd die before I conformed to the ways of this diseased race, there are worse things than death you know."

"I do know but that doesn't answer my question, why did you cut school again?" The silver haired girl leaned back to stare at the male probably thinking up a good lie to tell him but coming up with nothing shrugged her shoulders. He hadn't really expected an answer, she never gave one or at least a straight one. She could possibly be an even better liar than him but Damien wasn't about to admit to that. He ran a hand through his messy black hair, it looking like it hadn't been brushed yet again, trying to get it out of his eyes but it stubbornly fell back in front of his gray eyes. With an arm covered in tattoos and rubber bracelets he pulled the girl to him being wary of the metal spiked bracelet he wore, he didn't want to hurt her she'd hurt back. Unlike others times she didn't try to move away from him or reach for the dagger he knew she hid in her up to the knee laced boots. She leaned against him while wrapping her arms around her legs bended at the knee her head on her knees. The red and black plaid skirt she was wearing was so short that it was fanned out so it wasn't even under her behind as she sat on the grass. It didn't matter if the skirt had gone up so much she was wearing black shorts underneath, her decency was still saved not that she cared. The bracelets she wore fell down to her elbows all except the silver one shaped like angel wings clinging to her wrist with a line of pure jade through the middle. It was the only thing that didn't have the flare of a punk kid to it making it look like it didn't belong on the extremely pale girl. There was barely any color to her skin and sitting next to Damien who had a peachy sort of skin tone made her look like a ghost.

"Would you rather I not come see you?" He had a cigarette between his plump lips as he turned his head slightly to look at her. She took the cigarette and put it out between her fingers not even phased by the heat of it, Damien took her hands cleaning the ash off her fingers and sucking on them knowing even though she didn't show it she had burned her fingers. She stared at her fingers in his mouth not even bothering to pull away just letting him do this. He flicked his tongue between her fingers one last time as he placed her hand back beside her own body.

"Kaiya I've lived on my own for so long I don't think it would really mean anything to me to be alone again. I spend most of my day without you anyway. It's not.," he stopped having seen the hurt expression on her face before she could cover it up with her usual stoic mask. She stood up wiping her behind and fixing her skirt then starting to walk away. Damien stared wide eyed as he saw that the back of her shirt was completely open only held in place by a thin chain that dragged behind her, worse she wasn't even wearing a bra. He couldn't understand how she had such a disregard for herself or how she'd actually been allowed into school dressed worse than a street whore.

"So I guess it won't bother you if I never come to see you again?" He stood up taking a hold of her shoulders feeling the bare skin under his fingertips surprised to find it softer than fresh rose petals. He'd never thought her the type to moisturize but he still had many things to learn about her. He'd been sitting with her for so long and failed to notice that her shirt was just an old ripped t-shirt of his, the logo of some unknown band still barely showing on the front held shut by safety pins. She must've been really mad at him the day she found this shirt in her room, he was always leaving clothes behind in her room.

"I never said that. Listen Kaiya you're still young and you have a chance you know at getting out of here, mine is gone." She pushed him away from her with such force that he fell onto his ass left staring up at her enraged face.

"You act like you're so fucking old. Last time I checked Damien 20 is not that old!"

"But you're still 15 Kaiya, I could be arrested for the things we do." She kneeled down so he was between her legs the skirt keeping her covered as she stared down at him. Kaiya reached out to brush a few of Damien's raven strands back behind his ear, leaning lower so her silver hair was a curtain around them both.

"We've done nothing, nothing as far as everyone knows and that is how it will remain. You're fun and all Damien but your mood swings are really getting on my last nerve." Kaiya let her body drop so she was sprawled completely over Damien and took a cigarette from his pocket. She was about to smoke it but Damien grabbed it lighting it up and putting it in his own lips. They stayed there like that, Kaiya resting on top of Damien while he smoked and watched the colors of the sky begin to change with the beginning of the sunset.

"You have to go home soon," he spoke with the cigarette still in his lips as if he were use to it, "or your Daddy's going to have a heart attack."

"He won't notice and if he does he'll be happy I'm gone, it'll give him time to play with his Barbie."

"That woman's still living there?"

"They got married or hadn't you heard?" Damien sat up with one arm around Kaiya and put his cigarette out on the ground.

"She was part of the gang for a while, never liked her much but she was a pretty good lay I understand why he'd keep her around but marriage." Kaiya let her forehead rest on his chest as her arms wrapped around his waist feeling his bare skin as his shirt was too small for him. Damien was always in clothes that were either too big or small, she knew he didn't have the money to buy things that actually fit him but he would never let her buy them for him.

"You slept with her?"

"A few times, it was cold and I had no blanket, she was there willing to keep me warm."

"Am I just a blanket to you?" He tipped her head back to make her look up at him letting himself get lost in her pale blue eyes. Each time he looked into them he was amazed, he'd never seen such a brilliant set of eyes they were almost silver gleaming just like that. Gently he pressed his lips to her, it was such a contrast to the way they usually behaved with one another that her eyes opened wide in shock. Regaining herself Kaiya grabbed for the dagger in her boot swiping at Damien, he barely avoiding it for he had anticipated the action much sooner. He fell back onto the ground once again and Kaiya straddled him flipping back her silver hair to stare at him. She leaned down so they could feel their breath on each other's faces and brought the dagger between them. Damien flicked his tongue out onto the blade noticing how Kaiya's eyes immediately glued onto his tongue. She pulled the blade away plunging down to push her mouth against his with bruising force as she thrust the dagger into the dirt right beside Damien's head. Damien buried his hand in her hair as he felt her hand going under his shirt. It was always like this, she'd ask some question pertaining to his feelings for her then she'd try to take advantage of him. He didn't mind the being taking advantage of part so much but for some reason he felt trapped when she asked those emotional questions, he felt dirty when she touched him so roughly. Sure Damien wasn't a virgin, he'd been with plenty of women in his short years to know more than any sex expert could, but with Kaiya it was strange. He didn't like for it to be just a quick fuck with Kaiya, he liked to savor it.

Damien rolled them over so he was now over Kaiya who had her legs wrapped around his waist in the shape of a backwards D, Damien in what would've been the empty center. He shoved his hips forward grinding against her feeling her moan into his mouth. She wasn't a screamer but Kaiya liked to make a little noise from time to time, it unnerved him when she was silent. He broke the kiss to look down at her face, lips bruised from the maddening kisses, face flushed, eyes watering and the look of complete surrender to him. This is what he loved about it all, how soft she looked if you touched her in just the right way not wearing that usual icy mask of hers.

"A blanket can be replaced you there is no replacement for." He leaned down to kiss her again but she turned her head away opting to nibble on his ear instead. Damien allowed her this even though he wanted so badly to ravage her mouth with his own as he wanted to do the same to her body.

"Aishiteru.," it was a word or phrase, he could not be sure, whispered so softly that he scarce heard it. The voice had been so soft it couldn't possibly have belonged to the female that lay below him grinding along with his own body.

"What does that mean?" Kaiya seemed to snap out of a trance and looked at Damien, as if really seeing him for once and gulped back some unknown feeling.

"What are you talking about?"

"You said something? I she tear u, I think it was." She pushed him away from her immediately and grabbed for her earlier disregarded school bag slinging it over her shoulder so the strap was across her chest. Damien could not deny how that strap pressed against her breasts made her look that much more appealing but right now he needed blood flowing to his higher head.

"I have to go home now, I was supposed to make dinner. I don't want to hear Baka Otousan and Abazure bitching at me."

"Bitch bitching?," he smiled playfully and Kaiya couldn't help but give a soft laugh.

"You remember stupid words like that in Nihongo but not the good stuff I taught you."

"I remember what Nihongo means, Japanese."

"That's too simple a thing to remember. Now I have to go so see you some other time." Damien felt his stomach lurch at knowing she would be leaving, he'd just wanted her to stay a little longer but he stayed where he was watching her as she disappeared into the night.

"See you."

~o~

Kaiya scaled the fire escapes ignoring the snickers she got from a few people looking out there windows and the wolf calls from the men below. They were looking up her skirt but she didn't really care, it was the only time they'd ever see a girl's behind and hers was still covered anyway. She pulled open the window to the fifth floor apartment she resided in and dropped her bag inside. It was well past midnight now, she'd only stayed with Damien for a few hours but they had been so far from her home that it took well over three hours to get home and add to that her tendency to wander about leaving her at six hours to get home.

"So the prodigal child returns."

"Don't use big words Kelli it'll hurt your brain, you shouldn't strain yourself like that," her voice was dripping with venom but the fake blonde didn't seem to notice or care. Warning signs should've been going off in Kelli's head to keep silent before she got herself killed. Kaiya was looking towards the katana leaning against the wall gleaming with the light of them moon.

"Your father was so worried about you but I eventually gave him a nice little snack and he went to bed all cozy and warm." Kaiya looked Kelli up and down noticing the woman was wearing nothing but skimpy underwear, her bones were jutting out under skin stretched way too far and her track marks were showing. Kaiya cringed and went to walk past Kelli who was thrown out on the couch her chicken legs hanging off one side. Kelli smiling pounced on the girl pushing her down to the floor her bony elbow connecting with Kaiya's ribs. Kaiya winced but did not cry out in pain, she wouldn't let the woman know she had actually caused some damage. Her ribs were a soft spot, having been in a fight only the other day they were already bruised having started to heal only the previous day.

"Get the fuck off me you stupid crack whore!" She pushed Kelli off of her with such force that the woman went flying across the room slamming into a table before falling onto her face. Kelli screamed out but stood up her nose dripping with blood looking to be broken and charged at Kaiya who had just gotten to her feet. Kaiya side stepped leaving Kelli to run into the wall as she grabbed for the katana about to put the woman out of her misery. Kaiya thrust the katana into the wall right beside Kelli's head and walked away as Kelli just stood there staring at the blade.

"I'm telling your father!"

"I'm a bastard I have no father." She slammed the door of her bedroom hearing Kelli running to the room she shared with Baka Otousan due to the creaking floor. She put the pillow over her head as someone began banging on her door trying to drown out the sounds of her father and Kelli. The door gave out easily under the pounding fists and Kaiya was yanked out of her bed onto the floor with a loud thud but she remained silent. She was use to all of this having forced herself to develop a strong threshold for pain knowing it would always be coming to her.

"I'm tired of this shit Kaiya! You're always coming home late after fucking some no name to beat on my wife! You need to learn some respect! And I only know one way you will," she waited for the fist that would connect with her face but it never came, "you're going to go live with your brother. He came to town yesterday to collect you. He came in here and packed all your stuff then sent it to be shipped to Japan so it could get there before you two did." To say Kaiya was stunned would be the understatement of the century as she could only stare up at him.

"So we're finally rid of you brat." Kelli was shooed out of the room as Kaiya sat herself on the bed her father coming back to sit beside her.

"Jirai has been waiting a long time to see you and when he came today he was disappointed to find you not here." Kaiya was looking around the room just having noticed all her posters were gone, all the pictures she'd drawn and her dresser was open with empty drawers. The entire room had been cleaned out except for the bed with it black jersey knit sheets.

"If he wanted to see me so bad why'd he wait fifteen years?"

"Your brother runs a family shrine and is a freelance writer so he really has no spare time and there was no one to care for the shrine while he was away till now. He hired some girl to watch after the shrine and his grandfather." Kaiya stood up abruptly causing him to pause in his speech to stare at her not surprised to find her angry.

"You never told me I had a brother! How do you expect me to just go live with him? I won't go! I won't leave!" Her outburst earned her a hard smack across the mouth that split her lip leaving her with the taste of blood in her mouth. She knew the taste of it very well but each time the metallic flavor filled her mouth she was shocked.

"I never said you have a choice! I want you out of my house! You always wanted to go anyway so why now when you have the chance do you deny it?" Kaiya looked down at the floor not wanting her father to see her display any other emotion besides shock or anger.

"Damien.," she whispered the name to herself as her father walked out of the room his mind already set, she was going to Japan. He pulled the katana out of the living room wall and launched it into Kaiya's room it falling at her feet and she looked down at it. Engraved right under the hilt was the nickname Damien had always called her 'Rei Tenshi', spirit angel. Kaiya could recall when he had given her this katana, it was like it had only happened moments ago.

"I can't take this Damien you need this." Still he pushed the katana into her hands closing her smaller hands around the sheathed weapon. Kaiya stared up at him with curious eyes as he leaned closer to her to graze his lips against hers. She was only thirteen, he about to turn eighteen though he appeared younger.

"My Rei Tenshi you need it more than I do because its people like you that are singled out in this world. People who are better than the world, I'm scum just like the world so I don't need this to protect me anymore. I lost my battle while yours is just beginning." She had dropped the katana then and thrown her arms around him, he so surprised by the gesture that he remained completely stiff. Eventually he had put his arms around her just holding her to him glad to be allowed the honor of being this close to her. When she had released her hold Damien encouraged to pick up the katana and practice with it.

Kaiya leaned down to pick up the katana turning it so the hilt pointed at her the blade straight up in the air. With a cry of anger she slashed the blade at her bed cutting it into two and swing around hitting the lamp on the night table. She sliced the dresser down the center reveling in the chips of wood that flew up scratching her arms. She stabbed at the walls making gaping holes in the sheetrock that she put her foot through to make deeper. She slashed with her katana while kicking at anything else till the entire room looked like a disaster site. Kaiya collapsed onto the floor panting for breath the katana still held in her hand as she started to cry for the first time in years.

~o~

Kaiya was awakened by someone pulling her onto her feet forcing her to look into blue eyes very similar to her own as she was released. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes to analyze the person who had woken her up, he had his back turned to her as he rummaged through black backpack. He had the exact same shade of silver hair as Kaiya only his was cut to only his neckline. He had a strong build to him though he was obviously very thin and almost feminine in his movement possessing far more grace than Kaiya could ever have. He turned looking at he as she stood there caught staring at him, his expression was blank as he held out a bundle of clothes for Kaiya to wear. She took them from him noticing how there skin tone was almost identical his was only a shade darker than hers just like his eyes. He had about the same facial structure as she did only with his cheek bones slightly higher but not noticeably so. He had an air of radiance to him that she could not explain and for some reason felt she didn't want explained.

"Take a shower and get dressed we leave for the airport in a few hours and I want to get out of this pig sty as soon as possible."

"I take it you're Jirai then?" He nodded his head making his silver hair swish back and forth then turned to walk out of the room the black backpack on his back along with Kaiya's katana.

"You will call me by my relation to you as is the proper custom and form of respect Imotochan." He exited the room not noticing the scowl on her face, she knew she was going to hate this. Kaiya walked towards the bathroom towel in one hand the clothes Jirai had given her in the other. She looked at herself in the mirror and punched her reflection hating what she saw, a weak worthless little girl. She unfolded the clothes stifling to hold back laughter, he actually expected her to wear this. Jirai must've been crazier than she thought thinking she'd wear the long black pleated skirt, a white blouse and a black blazer. She tossed the items onto the floor climbing onto the laundry bin to pull out a bag of clothes over the shower taking out a pair of cargo shorts, a sleeveless belly shirt and ripped arm warmers. These items she placed on top of the closed toilet seat and proceed to take a shower. She paused in her lathering of soap onto her body and slumped against the wall feeling the water from the showerhead run down her back turning suddenly cold. Kaiya wasn't phased by it in the least as she was far too lost in her thoughts of a certain ebony haired male. The shower curtain was pulled suddenly back Kaiya turning to look at the intruder putting her arms around herself quickly.

"What the fuck are you doing peeking at your little sister in the shower?" Jirai remained expressionless, she was starting to wonder if maybe he had some form of paralysis that didn't allow him to show any emotion.

"I want to leave your family is disgusting. That blonde vermin made a pass at me in front of your father."

"That's no reason to barge in on me while I'm taking a shower get out you hentai!"

"I don't believe in incest unlike you who I hear opens her legs for anyone.," he would've said more had not a hand connected with his cheek causing him to lose his balance slightly. He collected himself and left the bathroom hand over his smarting cheek. Kaiya dried herself off and dressed quickly and ran out of the bathroom to put on her sneakers then climbed out the window of the living room. Jirai was already waiting at the bottom of the fire escape when she jumped off almost bumping into him.

"Leave me alone I don't want to go to Japan!" She tried to punch him but he grabbed her fist mid air and twisted her arm while pushing her down onto her knees.

"Our mother wished for you to come live at the family owned property when you reached the age of thirteen so I am long overdue for collecting you."

"You talk about me as if I'm some reward money or something and not your sister."

"How hard is it for you to adjust to knowing you're not the only one of your family? That all this time there has been another who has suffered the same ridicule you have for being born so different? Wouldn't you find it hard to adjust knowing that your family had hid such a big secret from you?"

"Yes."

"When I first heard that I had younger sister in America I wanted to rush over here to see you and see if you were just as isolated as I was but I was not allowed to. Ojiisan did not allow it then but now that he is getting so much older he wants to see you. That is why I come to get you now." He stood up releasing her and waiting for her to get onto her feet.

"I have to go say good bye to someone." Jirai nodded her head and let Kaiya lead him out of the alley way and down the corroded streets. He kept his eyes forward not wanting to digest any of the filth that Kaiya had lived amongst for so long. He even refused to look at her knowing that the red pants she wore were so low that her behind was almost revealed to the world. It wasn't enough that her belly button was revealed and the straps of her underwear but she just had to have a deep v-neck on the barely there shirt. Jirai wanted to throw a blanket over her, this was his baby sister walking the streets like common trash he couldn't stand for that. This was her territory but when they arrived in his she would be forced to dress properly he was going to be very clear on that.

"Rei Tenshi you came to see me so soon! You usually wait a week or so before coming to me again?" Damien was sitting a top a half crumbled statue in front of an abandoned library with a stolen comic book on his lap. Kaiya gave a nod of her head in Jirai's direction and Damien set his gaze on him, his eyes narrowing slightly. No one was going to move in on Kaiya, she was his and everyone knew it so this guy had to be new to the neighborhood.

"This is my older brother Jirai, he's come to take me to Japan. I'm leaving today and just came to say good bye and take care." Kaiya grabbed Jirai's hand and began to walk away but Damien grabbed her arm pulling her into a tight embrace. She still had a hold of Jirai's one hand as she wrapped an arm around Damien pressing herself to his thin frame not mindful of the way Jirai rolled his eyes. Damien placed a chaste kiss on Kaiya's lips, it was so different from any other kiss they had ever shared short and just full of sweetness. That kiss had a bigger effect on both of them than any of the passionately bruising kisses they had shared prior to it. That simple short kiss made Kaiya want to forget about how much she hated this place and stay there in Damien's arms forever, his street Princess. To Damien the kiss made him wish he had more to offer her, at least enough to be able to take her out of this place and settle somewhere with just her.

"I'm ready to leave now Oniichan." The hug Damien held her in slowly broke apart and he watched as she was lead away by Jirai. He smiled glad that she had a chance at a new life, that she had been able to get away from this diseased city even though he wasn't going with her as he always hoped it would be.

TBC.