Fan Fiction ❯ Maelstrom ❯ Arrival ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Maelstrom

Part the 2nd: Arrival

"Whispered words across time... the only one that rules heart and mind... marvelous sight for downtrodden eyes... make the soul feel aflame... that one with forgiveness name... you came in darkness... left in light... could you say you'd be mine?... at least once," his lips were right beside her ear, his breath blowing softly onto her skin with every word. Her expression could not be seen due to the mask she wore that revealed only eyes of pure silver. She put back on her hood though it did not matter for she wore a cap that revealed nothing of her hair. It was standard for the women to be in such a state till time of marriage, only their husband was allowed to look upon their beauty but it seemed this one had already revealed herself to many. There was no ring on her finger to signify marriage and the style of dress said she was still a maiden.

"Your words do nothing for me I have already resigned my heart to solitude so let me be. I come here only to see the High Council not for any pleasantries so be off." Before she could walk away he grabbed her placing a hand on her round belly feeling the life that pulsed there. Her eyes slid shut and she took a deep breath not making any move to push him away.

"That one with forgiveness name." She nodded her head and he removed his hand from her belly then took her wrist placing something around it. She did not bother to look simply hid her arm back under the cloak that covered her entire person. He grabbed at a small figure that was hidden under her cloak as she began to walk away and she let out a sigh of relief. He hugged the small child to his chest as he hid himself in the shadows noting the child had fallen asleep with a small smile. A scream made him look back to the road to see the woman he had just been with moments ago laid out on the ground blood all about her. He dropped the boy as he ran out to the road and gathered her before anyone else could arrive on the scene. There was really nothing he could do but save the child the mother there was no chance of rescuing but he had to try. She grabbed his arm as he began to run to the medical offices and he looked down at her.

"Give me enough strength to go back down and there I will deliver my child and then I shall return to you." He shook his head no but he was doing as she said knowing there was no arguing with her. Instead of letting her make the journey back alone he carried her the entire way holding back his fear of the blue energy that engulfed them both. As soon as they had reached their destination he looked around in a curious shock still holding her in his arms. His raven locks were a mess due to his nervousness but he took no notice of his condition as he placed her down on her bed. He felt a small arm come around his leg and looked down at the source of it to see the boy who was just as covered as his mother though his small white wings were revealed.

"Okaasan will be all right ne?" The raven haired male looked at the woman on the bed who was struggling to deliver her child on her own and stayed silent. The little boy knew what this meant and dropped onto his knees beside his mother's head saying a little incantation. Her body began to glow silver and her cries of pain ceased as her second child came into the world.

"Take her, please she is yours. Take her onegai!" He knew there was no possible way the child was his but he took her into his arms nonetheless and cleaned her small body. The girl was not breathing so he turned her away from the mother so she would not see what he was about to do. He gently pried open the premature infant's mouth while pressing a finger to her tiny chest. He cleaned out her mouth with his pinky finger and breathed into her lungs though for some reason the air he breathed into her was blue. He did this repeatedly for a few moments till finally the newborn released a small cry.

"Forgiveness is born." He held her in one hand, she was that small that she perfectly fit, and turned to the bed only to find the little boy curled up next to his mother. His white wings had turned a deep black and the feathers were falling out. He cursed as he wrapped the infant in his shirt and placed her on the pillow so he could attend to the boy.

"I tried to save Okaasan... I failed," he noted that the woman was dead, she had bled to death and now the boy was about to die as well. There was only one way to save him but that would leave the boy with no recollection of this night. It was said that this family was cursed to eternal pain and suffering though he had never believed this he could not deny that this night had been one pain after another for them. He took hold of the boy pushing him onto his belly ignoring the boy's struggles as he ripped out one wing from his shoulder blade. Blood sprayed onto his body but he held back his repulsion and pulled out the other wing trying to drown out the sound of the boy's screams by singing loudly. He heard footsteps approaching so released the boy and went out the window hiding by pressing against the wall. He'd be dead if he was seen here, people didn't seem to take too kindly to one with ominous black wings as he had.

"My baby!," he closed his eyes fighting back his own tears as a mother wailed inside for the loss of her daughter. He was grabbed by the front of his shirt and lifted into the air distinctly hearing the rapid beating of wings.

"And the dark bird falls in love with one that shall be forbidden to him so now he remains trapped in the realm she so adored."

~o~

Pale blue eyes slowly came into focus seeing only a deep blue in front of her she leaned back a bit seeing it was a person she lay on. Jirai peeked open an eye to look at Kaiya who had finally awoken after keeping him trapped against the window for hours. Now that the weight of her was off his back he went back to writing in his leather bound notebook, his hand moved rapidly as he put the characters on the paper. Kaiya was amazed at the speed he could write the symbols that took her hours to learn just one. Jirai felt her staring and turned his head to look at her only to be pushed back against the window as Kaiya decided more sleep was necessary. This time however he felt writing was necessary and pushed back at her making her fall out of her seat since she wasn't wearing her seatbelt.

"Incestuous sibling," Kaiya stuck her tongue out at him as a flight attendant came to check what all the commotion was about and let out a frustrated sigh as she saw the cause of it. Throughout the entire flight Kaiya had been a pain in the ass for everyone on the plane starting with her talk about 'what if the plane crashes' then her idea that if she imitated every line said in the in-flight movie it would make it much better. Everyone had been glad when she had fallen asleep and now Jirai was denying her that much to the chagrin of the flight attendants, they could not deal with another outrageous demand for something such as joining the Mile High Club, though one of the male attendants had been very open to that demand.

"You're such a jerk Jirai."

"Ma'am could you please get back in your seat and put on your seatbelt we are about to land?," the flight attendant was surprised not to hear a smart ass comment from the punk girl on the floor. Kaiya got off the floor and went back into her seat buckling herself in and smiling kindly at the flight attendant.

"Miss you're panties are showing. So that's how you know the day of the week." The flight attendants face immediately went red as eyes fell on her underwear that clearly read across her behind 'Friday'.

"You're a few days behind too," she let out an 'eep' and ran to the bathroom locking herself in. A few moments later someone came to force her out of the bathroom and into a seat. Jirai looked over at Kaiya who gave an all too innocent smile as she held her bag to her chest.

"There was no reason for you to do something like that to that woman she was merely doing her job."

"There was a reason, it was for my entertainment."

"And asking every attendant to have sex with you in the bathroom was that for your entertainment as well?," his voice held disgust and anger but Kaiya continued to smile, she was having fun pissing everyone off.

"What's wrong Jirai did you want me to ask you?"

"Incest is not something I would partake in you demonic hentai."

"Don't hype yourself up you're not my type anyway." She leaned back in her seat still hugging her bag to her chest as she looked across the aisle to a couple talking animatedly about what they would do in Japan.

"And what is your type, druggies who sell their bodies just to survive and need to be between someone's legs to feel they're alive?" Her response was immediate, her hand came up to place a hard slap against Jirai's cheek but he grabbed her wrist stopping her short of it.

"Let go of me."

"You will learn respect, to treat everyone with proper respect especially yourself even if it kills me. No sibling of mine will run around like some common whore being the blanket of an actual whore." Kaiya yanked her arm away from him and refused to look at him as the plane began its descent back to the solid ground. As soon as they were clear to get off the plane Kaiya stood up and began pushing through other people who cursed her as she passed. She ran into the bathroom and locked herself in one of the stalls as she tried to steady her breathing and racing heart. She opened her bag searching through it for something, not finding it she dropped all the contents of it on the floor. A small bottle rolled out and went past the stall Kaiya reaching for it too late. She opened that stall while on her hands and knees her eyes falling on a pair of long legs in front of her. She looked up the legs to see a thin body clad in cargo shorts and a tank top. Raising her eyes further she saw the face of the person, a young woman that seemed to be only recently into her twenties.

"Hello, Jirai sent me looking for you." The brunette leaned down to help Kaiya onto her feet only to have her hand pushed away. Kaiya crawled towards the sink getting the bottle that had escaped her and standing with a triumphant smirk. The small bottle was snatched out of her hand and she reached for it only to have an elbow pushed into her chest.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"If Jirai found out about this he would have such a fit."

"You idiot those aren't drugs that's my medication!," her yell was too late as the girl had already poured the pills down the drain, "You fucking moron those are prescription pills without that I have these insane episodes. I black out and lose control of myself."

"You can't depend on drugs to control yourself you have to depend on yourself for that." The girl was pushed into a mirror the back of her head breaking it on contact and Kaiya glared at her.

"You are so lucky there are too many people for me to get out of here without being noticed or I would kill you were you stand. If I find myself one day in the middle of nowhere in my nightie I will hunt you down and bury you alive." With that said she collected her things and marched out of the bathroom or at least attempted to.

"I don't know why you're so angry especially at Jirai, he was so excited when he was given permission to bring you to the shrine. He always said he worried about his little sister and now finally he'd have the chance to protect her.," Kaiya looked over at the other girl who had her head lowered so her chocolate hair covered her matching eyes, "He called me once he landed in America and he sounded so happy. I was happy too because all I want is his happiness but then he called me again later and he was so upset. He wouldn't tell me why but I knew it had to do with you. I knew he must've seen the life you led and felt guilty for it. He wouldn't tell me but looking at you now I know that must've been it."

"I don't need anyone's guilt or pity I'd do much better being the street whore you all think I am." Kaiya exited the bathroom not even bothering to look if the other girl was following but when her arm was yanked she raised her head. Her eyes fell upon the face of Jirai, she did not like the expression he wore it was far too cold. Kaiya said nothing and did not even bother to pull her arm away from Jirai just let herself be dragged.

"Aiyana?"

"Yes Jirai-kun?"

"Did you come in taxi or bring the car?"

"The car."

"You drive back to the shrine."

"Hai Jirai-kun." Kaiya found it strange the way they talked to each other as if Aiyana were Jirai's servant and nothing more than that though Aiyana had used an endearment. Kaiya knew the honorifics but she wondered why did Jirai not use one for Aiyana? She looked between the two, Aiyana was walking a little ways behind Jirai and Kaiya her head slightly low but a blush was obvious. Kaiya looked back at Jirai and sighed thinking men are so dense.

~o~

Kaiya rested against the door of the car staring at everything as it passed her in a blur, the images formed a palette of many colors but there was no clear view of anything. Kaiya sighed sadly and pressed her forehead to the glass only to be pulled back by Jirai who sat next to her. She was too tired to say anything, her head felt like it was pounding and she thought she might faint soon. Aiyana slowed down a bit so Kaiya was actually able to see the scenery now, her eyes glued to it. She watched as kids walked around in school uniforms so reminiscent of the manga characters in her sketchbook that she almost screamed in shock. She pushed back her headphones and sat up straight to stare at everyone and everything as they passed. Too soon for Kaiya's liking the view was gone and all that was left to see was trees, trees and more trees. She wondered where they were going for the first time since she got into the car. She looked over at Jirai about to question him but he was leaning back seeming to be asleep.

"Aiyana?"

"Hm?"

"Where are we going?"

"Tenshi no Kokoro it's the estate Jirai, his grandfather and I live in which you will now be staying in as well. Its quite the lovely place I'm sure you'll like it."

"Hn." It wasn't the response Aiyana was looking for but at least there had been acknowledgement of her on Kaiya's part that didn't have a threat. Kaiya leaned over to the side putting her head on Jirai's shoulder as she put her feet up on the seat her sneakers long since taken off. Aiyana looked at her from the top mirror noticing a tear slide down Kaiya's cheek which was quickly brushed away. Kaiya was holding something in her hand and Aiyana was curious to know what it was but she didn't want to disturb the girl. Kaiya held the picture higher staring at the drawing of a boy with messy black hair in a shirt laced down the middle with arm warmers that matched. The strings down the middle weren't tied shut so most of his body was revealed, a thin form with tight muscle. His pants were sliding off his hips and it was evident he wore no underwear but his expression was one of complete relaxation. His arms were raised above him, his wrists chained to the wall behind him as were his ankles. He was chained in the dreary cell that was his environment yet his skin seemed to glow with a radiant beauty. It was a perfect piece of art and as far as Kaiya was concerned a perfect capture of the model, Damien.

"We're here." Kaiya quickly put away the picture and started putting on her sneakers as Jirai began to stir. He ran a hand through his silver hair and gave a slight yawn as he stretched out his arms. Kaiya opened the car door and jumped out with her bag Jirai calmly stepping out after her. Kaiya froze as she saw what was before them.

"You must be insane," this directed Aiyana's eyes onto her as the girl had already began walking away.

"What's wrong?"

"You honestly expect me to walk up all these stairs?! I'll die halfway there!" Jirai pushed her forward and she almost tripped but managed to gain her balance by placing a hand on a pillar. She looked up the pillar seeing an arc above her head with the shape of a winged creature in it, its heart pulled from its body in its own hands.

"Stop exaggerating and remember the less you talk the sooner you get to the top." Jirai walked away leaving a very pissed off Kaiya behind and Aiyana trying to make the better of the situation.

"I'll carry your bag for you if it helps." Kaiya glared at her and ran up the stairs going past Jirai who only shook his head sadly. Aiyana walked up the steps coming to follow Jirai's pace and walking beside him, she reached out a hand to him which he entwined his fingers with. Aiyana had a happy little smile on her face as she felt her small hand enveloped by his larger one. Jirai's expression remained stoic but he had moved just a bit closer to Aiyana.

"Stop! Matte1! Tasukete2! Tasukete!," Jirai ran up the steps in time to see Kaiya release a little gasp of painful surprise and fall back. He caught her before she could hit the steps and gestured for Aiyana to hurry up both ran up the rest of the way.

"You came back?" Kaiya looked around frantically seeing only black all around her she panicked and dropped to her knees.

"Where am I? Who are you?" She balled herself up putting her arms around her head as she rocked back and forth. Arms came around her waist and she felt the weight of someone's head on her back.

"You've come back and yet you do not recall me. How could you forget me when you gave your heart and soul to me as I did mine to you."

"I don't know who you are." She turned her head to try and look at the person but there was no one there. Kaiya stood up looking around for the person her silver hair wild all about her. She looked down at what she was wearing, a furisode3 of bright blue with pink sakura embroidered into the fabric and lines of subtle gold. Kaiya knew the traditional Japanese garments but she had never been in any of them before and it amazed and scared her to be wearing such a fancy thing. She brought her hands up to her face noting how the long sleeves slid down to her elbows, her bracelet was gone.

"You must remember me for I love you and have waited here for you for as long as time has continued and will do so without any doubt if you were to refuse me now."

"I don't know who you are! Where is my bracelet? Where are my angel wings?," a sharp pain in her back made her fall to her knees again and she clawed at the floor her nails breaking against the marble. Kaiya began to rip at her clothes as she screamed in pain her body feeling like it was burning. Arms came around her stopping her movements and she tried to punch at the person but found it impossible so only let her head fall onto the man's chest. She threw her head back in a shrill scream as she felt the skin of her shoulder blades tear and warm blood trickling down her pale flesh. She felt his lips come down onto her neck and she tried again to push him away though she felt herself becoming weak.

"Douka shita no?4," he placed an open kiss on the side of her neck while running his fingers through her hair.

"Nande?5," she didn't push his away but her voice was soft as if she feared what was about to happen. When she received no answer she looked up at him seeing his eyes red she tried to push herself away from him but he wouldn't allow it. He pushed her down onto the marble floor that had suddenly become red and she screamed as some unknown thing was crushed beneath her.

"I've waited so long for you to return, I knew you would come back to that fool so I waited here. He has long since left, I ran him out and now I make you mine.," this voice was not the same as the gentle one that had first greeted her.

"Stop! Matte! Tasukete! Tasukete!," he was suddenly thrown back and Kaiya caught sight of his long black hair and matching wings before she crawled away from him. She yelped as she fell into a pit feeling thrones peeling away some of her skin. After what seemed like an eternity she landed on the bottom of the pit, naked, bloody and bruised. She hugged herself as she cried not noticing all the eyes that were on her.

"Pretty."

"Broken."

"Doll."

"Leave me alone. Damien help me.," she closed her eyes not wanting to see the sources of the hauntingly childlike voices and whispered for Damien to rescue her. When she felt a hand on her back she tensed up hoping that the demon had not found her so quickly. The arms wrapped around her soothingly as a voice sang a little tune that eased her racing heart. She leaned back into the warmth of this person seeing blonde hair mingling with her own and luminous wings of white fold over her.

"Shhh there's no need to worry I'm here now. I'm here now to protect you forgiveness."

TBC...

1 Matte means Stop.

2 Tasukete means Help.

3 A furisode is the fanciest of kimono for unmarried women, it has very long sleeves and bright colors.

4 Douka shita no? equals What's the matter? or What's wrong?, even though Japanese doesn't really use question marks I put them to make this better to understand.

5 Nande? Basically means Why?