Fan Fiction ❯ Mock Me Not ❯ "You can Dream." ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Raven and her `group' were in dismay as they were greeted by pouring rain.
With much bickering, shoving, pushing, and shouts, they managed to weave through the thick crowd of students, and found an empty carriage.
Remus entered the carriage first, next came Raven, Sirius, Lily, and James.
Raven sat in between Remus and Sirius as Lily and James sat next to each other, holding hands.
Raven's gaze was glued to the window, however. Everyone around her were emerged into conversation about this year as the Hogwarts castle came into view. She let out a sigh in relief as she waited patiently for the carriage to pull up to the castle.
It took them at least 10 minutes to reach the castle, and Raven managed to push past everyone and jump out of the carriage. She stumbled a little, however, and collided with someone as she slipped on the slippery cobblestone ground that was slick with rain.
“Geh!”
Raven and the figure both fell to the ground. She coughed, having the air knocked out of her, and looked down at the person she was on top of.
She gasped, struggling to get to her feet, “Sna—“
“Cartson!” Severus said in surprise as he quickly got to his feet, staring at her. After a moment, they finally stood facing each other.
Raven stared at Severus, before turning her head, “What where your going.” She muttered as she went to walk towards the castle.
Severus smirked, “You're the one who slipped, Cartson. Y'know, I could've let you fall on the cobblestone.” He called after her as she, Sirius, and the others climbed up the stairs into the main hall.
 
Severus shook his head, looking about him, before shrugging slightly and walking up the steps as well, his hand in his Slytherin coat. He entered the hall and stopped abruptly as he almost bumped into a few 4th years.
They giggled at him as he managed to dodge them and almost trip into some more people, “Gyeh.” He muttered, finally gaining his balance and looking around.
The doors opened, and the students started to file in obediently and going to their tables. He walked past the Gryfindor table and found his gaze drawn to Raven. He sighed, shaking his head as he continued to his table.
He took his seat next to some people. He didn't socialize much.
A young witch looked up at him as she took a break from her drawing, and smiled, “Hello, Sev! How was your summer?”
Snape looked at the young girl. She had long brown hair and a fair complexion. Bright yellow eyes glimmered brilliantly in the candlelight that lit up the room. She was dressed in her Slytherin uniform. Over all, she was very pretty. `Only god knows why she ever liked me…' Snape thought as he looked back at the table and ran a hand through his short black hair.
“Horrible.” He muttered, stretching, “My eldest sister decided to stop in with her brats.”
The girl chuckled, “Can't stand children?”
“Jade, you try having two 6 year olds tug on your arms all summer and try to get you to carry them or play games with them.”
“I love children.” Jade chimed cheerfully as she went back to drawing, leaving Snape to stare at her for a moment, before shaking his head and looking around. His gaze was drawn to Raven.
Jade looked at him, then followed his gaze to Raven, “A Gryfindor?” She asked curiously, looking back at Snape, whom was blushing slightly and looking back around the room.
“It's not like that—“
“You're a horrible liar.” Jade laughed, looking back at the table, “Well. She is pretty.”
Snape fell silent, following her gaze for a moment, before turning to look down at his table before him, “Eh…” He muttered, “Would never happen.”
“You can dream, Sev.” Jade nodded, looked back at him, before going back to the paper and picking up her green and white pencil and drawing.
“You can dream.”