Fan Fiction ❯ Mock Me Not ❯ "Home Sweet Home" ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Raven had returned to the cabin after her little incident with Snape.
She sat in silence, playing with her red and yellow scarf while looked out the window, frowning a little.
Sirius watched her the whole time since she came back from changing; a frown plastered on his face as he tried to read her expression. He failed, however, and sighed as he made a mental note to ask her later.
Lily and James paid no attention to the others for they were lost in their own conversation.
Remus moved next to Raven and placed a hand on her shoulder.
Raven jumped a little and turned her head to see Remus watching her intently.
“What's wrong?” He whispered.
“Nothing.” Raven blinked awkwardly.
“You look like something is bothering you.”
Sirius had joined in the conversation.
“Would you question if I said yes?” Raven asked softly, quirking an eyebrow at the two.
“Yes—“
“No—“
Remus and Sirius answered at the same time. Raven laughed a little before turning to the window again.
“Nothing is wrong.” She said with a faint smile as she gazed at her reflection in the rain-spotted window.
“I'm just thinking.”
She could tell they were convinced, but was relieved when they didn't question her about the encounter with Snape.
`That had to be the first time we were ever nice to each other.' She thought awkwardly, her fingers fumbling with the corner of her scarf.
`Awkward.' Was her last thought as she turned to see someone at the door of the cabin.
“The lot of you better get into uniform!” the figure, whom you quickly recognized as blonde hair, blue eyed Stephen Marks. `Looks like he's a perfect this year.' Raven thought quietly as he moved onto the next cabin.
“Well, you heard pretty boy. Time to change.” Sirius called out in a randomly cheerful voice when the cabin went quiet.
He started to pull his shirt off when Raven and Remus grabbed a hold of a belt loop on either side of his pants and yanked him down quickly.
Lily just stared at Sirius awkwardly, while James grinned.
“Why, your right, padfoot!” James jumped to his feet, at the same time dragging Remus along.
“Boys!” Lily cried in an alarmed voice as the boys started to change.
The next few minutes were filled with curses and laughing till they were finally changed. Leaving Lily the only one whom wasn't in uniform.
“Well! Unlike you gentlemen, I'll go change in the washroom.” She jumped to her feet, looking intently at Raven, who yawned and got to her feet.
“I'll come.” She said simply, sliding past the remaining boys.
Sirius hesitated for a moment, then jumped to his feet as the girls were leaving.
“Hold up! I'm coming.”
Lily and Raven quirked an eyebrow at Sirius but asked no questions.
The three walked to the washrooms where Raven and Sirius waited outside.
The hall was empty except for them.
“So, your positive nothing is wrong.” Sirius stood in front of her, quirking an eyebrow.
“Is that why you came?” Raven asked in a dull voice, sighing as she leaned against the wall behind her.
“I'm just concerned, Raven…You haven't been acting right. It's like…You changed over the summer.”
Raven shook her head, “I'm just loathing my foster parents more and more with every waking moment I spend with them…” She sighed, “I would've been better off on the streets then with them.”
Sirius nodded quietly then grinned, “Or…You could come live with me.”
Raven laughed, “Thanks for the offer, Sirius. But I've turned it down at least 100 times.”
Sirius pouted, “Awe, come on Rave, it could be fun…”
“Or awkward.”
“…So?” Sirius shrugged, leaning against the wall opposite of Raven.
“How about this.” Raven pushed herself away from the wall and walked up to Sirius, standing right in front of him, an inch or two from his face.
“I'll think about it.”
“Okay, good enough for me.” Sirius grinned, and opened his arms.
Raven blinked for a moment, before leaning forwards and hugging him, yawning and resting her cheek on his shoulder.
Sirius hugged her tightly, keeping his arms around her in a protective manner.
They stood in silence before Raven finally pulled away, “Nothing is wrong. Got me?”
Sirius nodded, yawning, “Whatever you say, Rave.”
Suddenly, Lily came out, straightening her short black skirt, “There, how does this look?”
Raven and Sirius looked over, and Raven grinned, “Fabulous, you'll blend in perfectly with all the other students whose wanted to stand out.”
Lily rolled her eyes, before the trio returned to the Cabin.
Instead of it going silent again, Everyone was actually talking and joking around with the whistle sounded and the train started to slow down.
Raven pressed her cheek against the glass and announced their location.
“Home Sweet Home.”