Fan Fiction ❯ Mock Me Not ❯ Conflicts and...Awkward Moments? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hours dragged by. The lady with the cart of goodies stop by and James and Sirius bought Raven and lily some treats.
Raven didn't talk much, taking to silence and staring out the window that was spotted with rain drops.
Finally, after a few moments, she stood up and stretched, “I'm gonna go change. We should be there soon.”
No one objected or offered to go with her, so she grabbed her bag and walked out.
No one was in the halls, but she didn't care. she was actually quite relieved.
Swinging her bag back and forth, Raven walked down the hall at a slow pace. She was in no hurry to get anywhere.
Finally, she turned to the small hall where the washrooms were located when she felt someone grab her shoulder and slams her against the wall.
Raven gasped for air as she found herself pinned to the wall.
“Your lucky I'm no murderer, Cartson.”
Her eyes widened a little as she realized it was—
“Leave me alone, Snape.” Raven hissed.
Snape flipped her around, pinning her wrists by her head; against the wall.
“Ah ah ah. It's not that easy to get rid of me, Raven. “
“Then maybe I should make a mental note to bring some raid.”
Raven struggled in an attempt to free herself before finishing her sentence.
“I heard it's really good at keeping pests away.”
Snape glares at her and slammed her harder against the wall in an attempt to make her stop struggling. He was about to reply when, suddenly, the train's speed changed abruptly as the piercing whistle splits the silence in the halls.
Snape was flung backwards, hitting a wall and at the same time, yanking Raven with him.
Raven fell forwards, practically into his arms.
As the train shook a little, he wrapped his arms tightly around his, as if to make sure she doesn't fall.
They both stood there as the train slowed down for a moment then sped up again. Silence hung between them as Snape looked down at Raven, who made no attempt at trying to push herself away from him.
Instead, her cheeks flushed red with embarrassment as she stood there in silence, then finally looked up.
“Not going to struggle?” Snape asked, quirking an eyebrow.
She shook her head weakly, before catching what she was about to agree to. She turned her confused look into one of anger as she glared up at him.
“Take your hands off me.” She demanded.
Snape smirked.
“Uhm…” He said aloud, before grinning and leaning down so he was an inch from Raven's face.
“No.” He whispered softly.
Raven frowned, glaring at him as she struggled a little, though there was barely any effort in her `attempt'.
“By the gods, Snape. If you don't let me go right this minute, I'll….I'll….Uhm…”
Snape laughed quietly, “I'm not even holding onto you.”
Raven blinked before taking a few steps back. He was telling the truth.
She blinked, her cheeks gaining a dark tinge of red as she pressed her back to the wall opposite of snap.
“Embarrassed?” Snape asked in a low voice.
Raven blinked, before turning towards the girls washroom door—which was -right- beside him.
When she got to the door, Snape grabbed her arm, making her jump a little and turn to look at him questioningly.
“Your bag.” Snape said simply, handing her -her bag.
“Uhm…Snape?” Raven took the bag and looked at him.
“Yes?”
“We never speak of this again. Got it?”
Silence fell as her words hung in the air. Finally, Snape bowed his head a little and nodded with a sigh.
“Fine.”
With that, Raven turned and entered the washroom.