Fan Fiction ❯ Objective Legend: The Unknown ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The next morning, Felix came wondering down the halls to see if Danie was up, to ask her some questions. He peered into the room after stopping, noticing Vincent reading a book. Vincent heard his footsteps and looked up, catching Felix's glare. Felix smiled slightly and waved. However, Valentine went back to reading. Curious, Felix asked, “How long have you been up?
“Didn't go to bed, just watching her,” Vincent answered with no hesitation, and not looking up.
“All night?!” Felix asked again rather surprised. Vincent shook his head yes. “And you're not tired?!” Felix added in. Vincent shook his head no. Quickly, Felix changed the subject, “So is she still alive?”
“Well, she hasn't moved all night, but she's breathing fine,” Vincent replied. He got up and put the book he was reading down on the table. “Watch her for while. I need to talk to Axel about his attitude again.” The statement was more demanding than a suggestion. Felix nodded in agreement as Vincent left, soon taking Valentine's seat.
He watched Danie for a while before he got bored to no end. Felix got up and looked out the window. It took him awhile to realize the fact that they were moving, since the ground was moving and was very far away. After a few moments, he was bored once again. He began to walk around to keep himself occupied. Nonetheless, out of plain stupidity for not watching, he tripped over the foot of the bed and stumbled over onto the floor with a thud that happened to be very loud in the room.
Upon getting up onto his feet, Felix noticed Danie tossing, soon waking and sitting up, staring straight into Felix's eyes. “Sorry. My bad,” he said smoothly with a small wave. Danie didn't respond, just looked off. She felt a lot better than yesterday. To start a conversation, he asked, “Your name's Danie right?” No answer was made. “Well is it?” Felix tried again. Still no answer from Danie.
At this point, Axel was standing at the door, trying to keep himself from laughing aloud. But he couldn't and ended up leaning against the frame for support. Both Danie and Felix looked up at him with a confounded look. Axel slowly stopped once he found himself amidst their attention. “Don't expect her to answer. The only way I got her to talk was to do things she hated,” Axel grinned slightly. Danie just sent a harsh glare as an answer, only thinking of possible things he could do. Axel continued, “But, yes, that is her name. Ain't it, Dan?”
Danie laid back down and forcefully pulled the pillow over her head with a moan. Felix looked at her and then to Axel. “Have you talked to Vincent yet?” he asked.
“Huh?” Axel answered back, clueless.
“Vincent was looking for you be-”
“Meh…I'll talk to him later then,” Axel interrupted, mumbling soon after, “Like when I'm dead.” He obviously did not want to go through another one of Valentine's talks again. The previous one happened to be between him and Cloud, and that wasn't very thrilling. As well as listening to Vincent for about three hours or at least that's how long Axel thought it was. “Take off, kid. I'll watch her for now,” he finished, pushing Felix gently out of the room. Knowing some detail on if he refused, Felix left the room quickly and decided to head to wherever breakfast is to be at.
Waiting for Axel to shut the door, Danie demanded as loud as she can through the pillow, “I go by Danie not by Dan. Call me by the right name next time.” She hated when he began calling her that. Danie remembered that one of her old friends would always joke about her nickname that she preferred, and quite frankly Axel was no different on that subject. Axel sat down next to her on the bed and picked up the pillow, soon throwing it clear across the room. He smiled, but she did not smile back. Danie sat up and just looked at him. “Hey, I can call you any way I want to, hun,” Axel teased, “And Dan just happens to be the name I'm calling you. But to get off that subject…Now I'm pretty sure you want to know what's going on, right?”
“No, I want to know what color the grass is,” Danie answered with a very sarcastic tone. “Yes, I want to know what the fuck is going on!”
“Wow, I'm not the only one with a cussing attitude,” Axel remarked, almost forgetting the fact on why she said that. “And I'm sure you do,” he replied back, just to play around.
“Well am I going to be told on what the hell is going on?!”
“Yeah, yeah. Hold your tongue, Dan-”
“It's Danie!”
“Sorry…Danie…I'll tell you what's going on,” Axel replied, “But you might want to get comfortable, it's kinda a long type of story.” He laid down on his back and forcefully grabbed Danie and pulled her until she laid parallel with him. “It all started when-” Axel began, but was interrupted immediately by Danie, whom knew where this was going, “Get to the point, dammit.”
“Fine…fine…basically some random people have been teleported here, I guess having some kind of connection with each other, because the Final Fantasy VII world and the Final Fantasy VIII world somehow collided. The person whom collided the worlds is named……um……hold on…”
“Forget that now. Just tell me how and why I got here. And who the hell you f'ing people are.”
“You probably got here like everyone else from the same world as we did, and for the same reason: Two separate the worlds that have collided. And as to who the fuck I am, my name's Axel-'
“I could guess that much on who you are…”
“Let me finish! I'm not done!”
“Fine, nothing's stopping ya!”
“Geez, Axel. You and her are worse than you and me. Never thought that day would come so soon,” Kai interrupted with a laugh, standing at the door. “You two sound like an old couple, no offense or anything.” He walked in and grabbed a chair, turned it around so the backed faced the other two and placed it next to the bed. As Kai sat down, Axel only commented, “And your point is. Almost everyone I meet, I get in some sort of argument with. You of all people should know that, Yeritz. She's just the fun one to argue with.” Danie only rolled her eyes. At the moment she'd rather have Kai explain everything than Axel. She tried getting up, but as she did so, Axel just pulled her back down. “Hey I'm not finished yet!” he remarked as he pulled her back down, “You wanted to know who the fuck we were, so I'm gonna tell you all that now.”
“Well guess what, that's gonna have to wait,” Danie answered back, forcing herself up with little trouble. She reached the door when Axel got up and pulled her back into the room. Kai just watched, enjoying the entertainment and making little comments along the way. “Let go, dammit!” Danie yelled at Axel, who had both of her arms behind her back and held her by her waist. Axel rested Danie against himself and replied back, “No…I want to finish what I was saying to you.” He threw her onto the bed and, before she was able to stand, Axel sat on her legs to keep her from going anywhere. “Now…as I was saying. I'm Axel,” he started, “and that's Kai. The others from our world are Felix and Athrin. As for the ones who actually come from here are Cloud, Vincent, Squall, Zell, Irvine, Yuffie, and I think that's all……right, Yeritz?”
“Heh, don't forget Cid. He's the one driving this thing,” Kai answered.
“Can you get the hell off of me?!?!” Danie interrupted rudely.
“What do you say?” Kai teased with a laugh. Danie sent a hard, stoned glare in his direction. Axel laughed as well.
“He has a point…what do you say, Dan,” Axel continued.
“……please……,” Danie mumbled grimly.
“Please what?” Axel asked.
“………please get off of me………,” she answered back. With that, Axel got off of her and stood up, holding out a hand to help her up as well. Only Danie refused his offer and got up herself. She then added in, “Out of plain curiosity, why do all your names sound familiar to me?”
“What do ya mean?” Kai asked back, though he knew what she meant, same with Axel.
“I know I've heard them before, and if I have heard your names then I'm pretty sure you all have heard mine,” she answered.
“Yup, you are absolutely correct on that statement, Danie,” Axel filled in, “I'm pretty sure you have heard of the site called Shadow-Hill before, haven't you?” He glanced at her with a smile.
“Yeah.”
“Well there you have it then,” Kai replied back. “I'm the one who lives in the same state as ya…and Axel…well…he's played those important parts for ya in some games.”