Fan Fiction ❯ Phoenix's Rise ❯ The Party Part I ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

a/n: I know that a new episode is coming out with Raven's birthday . . . and I'll say this . . . I wrote and typed this before I knew anything about that episode. And if any of you people are Slade fans . . . don't let me know . . . I'm warning you for your own safety.
 
Chapter 11
 
The Party Part I
 
Phoenix walked into the now dark room. Oh geeze, how original . . . girl walks into dark room, turns on lights; corny friends jump out, and yell `Surprise!' Well I can play too. Phoenix focused, and in doing so she could hear all of the minute, anxious sounds her friends made. Starfire was the easiest to find because of her giggling, that and the fact that her eyes were glowing bright green. Cyborg was also easy to find because of his red eye.
 
Robin, Raven, and Beast Boy were a little harder to find. Finally, Phoenix noticed the slight moonlight reflected off of the metal toes of Robin's shoes, and Beast Boy's mouse eyes. Raven let her hiding place slip when she peeked out of the ceiling; her white eyes were easy to pick out in the dusky light.
 
I the other Titans were hard to find, Whiteout was absolutely impossible to locate. Oh well, I'll find him after I hide. Phoenix turned on the light and smoked out. “SURPRISE! Wha? Where'd she go? She had to've been the one that turned on the lights!”
 
Phoenix giggled in the air duct as the Titans' garbled speech grew in intensity. “Hahaha, oh man . . . that was classic! It'll take them a year to figure that one out!”
 
“You mean unless I tell them it will.” Phoenix spun around on her butt and came face to face with Whiteout. “How'd you avoid them?”
 
“I turned on the light and came up here. Why are you here?” Phoenix replied, feeling slightly worried for a strange reason that she couldn't name.
 
“I had a feeling you'd hide here. You never did like to be the center of attention. You should go down . . . they spent a lot of time putting this together for you.” Whiteout stared into Phoenix's eyes . . . knowing he would win sooner or later.
 
“Fine, but only because I want to . . . you didn't have anything to do with my decision.”
 
“Really, Phoenix? I thought you were just trying to make me happy . . . now that I know you don't care about me . . . I think I'll be leaving tomorrow morning.” Whiteout sniffed.
 
“No! I mean . . . you should stick around. Being part of a team is great . . . well, most of the time. When Star starts cooking, then it's not the greatest, but the rest of the time . . .” Phoenix was cut off as Whiteout slowly kissed her on the lips.
 
“I was joking. There's no way on earth I'm going to leave without you. After you left the first time, and you only left that note . . . I spent months looking for you. Every time a newspaper had an article about a crime you stopped, I'd hurry to where you were supposedly at.” Whiteout smiled at the expression on Phoenix's face.
 
“Love-sick stooge . . . I'm going down to enjoy my party.” Phoenix gave Whiteout a playful shove with a giggle.
 
Robin stared up at the air duct. “Phoenix, Whiteout . . . are you two up there?”
 
“No, why would you think that?” Phoenix replied from the door.
 
“Yah, Robin . . . maybe Phoenix isn't the one who needs to be taking a break. Why would you think we were up in the ventilation system?” Whiteout added with a puzzled look.
 
“What? I hear you two laughing and talking . . . never mind.” Robin shook his head.
 
“Friend, will you stay with us and celebrate this fifteenth anniversary of your birth? We shall eat a cake of chocolate iced cream, sing joyous songs, and you shall open the gifts we have purchased for you.” Starfire started to whine like a new-born puppy.
 
“Dear lord, not the whine! All right y'all, cover your ears before . . .” Cyborg's warning came too late. The other Titans were already misty-eyed and/or collapsed in a heap on the floor muttering. “Aww . . . make it stop . . . too cute . . . must resist . . .”
 
Phoenix knew the only way to stop the sound would be to give in. “Okay Star, I'll stay.”
 
Immediately the whining stopped, and it was replaced by happy laughing. “For joy! We will all be merry and we will rejoic-”
 
Robin had put his hand over Star's mouth. “In short, let's all have a good time.”
 
YAH . . . PARTY TIME!” Beast Boy yelled, turned into an elephant, sucked up a bowl-full of confetti into his trunk, and blasted it up into the air.