Fan Fiction ❯ Raven's True Feelings Revealed ❯ Captured ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

note: I have no idea if anyone's even reading this, true the first part was boring but this has more action in it. If you're reading please review, if you don't like it there are some other idea's I'd like to try that might be more interesting. Hope ya like the story!
disclaimer: You know the drill, I don't own the Teen Titans, I probably own any of the characters you don't recognize.
Once everyone was gathered in front of the television Robin accepted the incoming message. Slade appeared on the screen his eyes dancing with pleasure and mischief. Chaos erupted behind him, hundreds of his mechanical minions were causing apparently robbing a bank but even with all the money in there hands they just stood there holding hostages, the police defenseless against them. It was obvious to all the Titans Slade would not leave till his worst enemies showed up for a battle. It was also obvious this was his plan in the first place therefore he must have a trap set up for them somehow. Slade began to speak then, "Hello Robin."
          & nbsp; "What do you want, Slade?" Robin had a look of hate and anxiety on his face.
          & nbsp; "Always so impatient." The pleasure in his eyes increased as he watched the Titans reaction to his sudden appearance. "I'm simply waiting for you, won't you hurry down. I'm beginning to get bored."
          & nbsp; Before Robin could respond Slade cut off there connection. There was no need for words to one another after that, they knew they had to go and quickly. Beast Boy changed himself into a pterodactyl picking up Robin with his massive claws on the way into the air. Starfire held Cyborg under his arms raising him into the air. And Raven used her telekinetic powers to break the glass apart so they could fly directly to there target location.
          & nbsp; When they were close Robin motioned for them to land and gather close. "I'm sure you've all realized this has to be some kind of a trap?" All the Titans nodded. "There are too many for us to try and fight them all so we're going only for the hostages, make sure all the onlookers are safe, and getting out." Once again the Titans nodded and began to walk closer. "Titans, GO!"
          & nbsp; Beast Boy was first to attack the robot Slades running towards them in the form of a Peregrine Falcon and dropping on them as a Tyrannosaurus Rex, careful to avoid landing on any on the hostages. For about thirty seconds he was able to ignore the stinging of there guns and pick up two of the hostages in his mouth before he was forced to retreat.
          & nbsp; Starfire was next to arrive in range of the enemy. Firing star bolts at the oncoming Slade look-alikes, flying over them dodging bullets she grabbed a hostage in her arms. Before she could get him to safety though, a ray hit her in the back causing her to fall from the sky into the sea of enemies. The ray had only stunned her, but she awoke a few seconds later to find a net confining her, making sure she didn't move from where she was. Shocked Starfire began to fire her deadly star bolts upon it, but it absorbed her blows in the same way it absorbed the strength she attempted to rip it apart with.
          & nbsp; The rest of the Titans had seen Starfire fall but not awaken. Robin fearing for his friend's, his beloved's life, cried out to her. "Star, hang on! I'm coming!" And indeed he was. Running faster than he ever had before Robin charged into the robots disregarding his own safety, trampling three enemies upon impact. He would have been hit by a number of the same rays that had caused Starfire to fall from the air if Raven hadn't hidden her own body from sight enabling her to focus on the shield she had created around him.
          & nbsp; Cyborg, seeing Raven would pick up after Robin's recklessness charged the enemy with full force. His sonic cannon his only defense or offence on his way to Slade's captives. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Beast Boy had rejoined the battle. A number of cuts covered his body where he had been shot as a Tyrannosaurus. Cyborg continued running toward the captives, on the way using his mechanical eye to pick up any body heat that lay in the mass of electric men. "There are six captives left!" He yelled it loud enough the rest the Titans could hear before he to was captured in a net resisting all his blows and curses.
          & nbsp; Slade knowing as long as Raven used her shield to protect Robin he would get through to Starfire without fail. Instructing his minions to find the girl and end the madness she and this young boy were causing; he also instructed one of them to speak to Robin himself. "She's not dead yet Robin. But if you continue to destroy the army I worked so very hard on what makes you think I'll allow her to live."
          & nbsp; "Damn you Slade! If there's even one scratch on her head I swear I'll-" Robin was at a lose for words, what would he do if Slade harmed Starfire. If she doesn't live neither will he. Robin could fell tears in his eyes and shook them away quickly. Was this Slade's plan? No, he told himself, Slade had more up his sleeve than that. Thinking desperately, trying to find a solution, he silently thanked Raven for her cover, the extra time she was giving him.
That was when it hit him. If it wasn't for the shield Raven had around him he would be in the same predicament as Starfire. As long as Raven remained hidden she could do the same for Beast Boy, Cyborg, any of the Titans. To win this battle and keep the majority of his army he would have to find Raven, and stop her from using her telekinesis where she couldn't be stopped. Sure enough when he looked behind him a large section of Slade's army had gone to find the young physic girl.
Trying to remain confident that Raven would stay clear of her enemies, Robin glanced around the battle field. The only remaining visible Titan was himself. "What have you done with the others?" He yelled at the dozens of robots left holding there hostages confidently.
"They're safe," one of the robots replied to him, "for now. And if you get your friend to join you, in sight, they will remain that way." Robin wasn't sure what to do, for the moment they were stuck tight. Knowing Raven was smart enough to stay within hearing distance he simply gave a nod asking her to come out of hiding. At first afraid Raven had been too independent to listen or maybe was no longer able to see him well around all the black and orange robots he nearly called out for her. Seeing a dark portal make an opening in one of the nearby buildings he felt relief overtake him. She still had the shield around him and one around herself as well.
Raven hovered by Robin's side, they waited together for Slade's next move. When the robots backed to the sides clearing there view reveling the three other Titans, all trapped in identical nets, all had given up the struggle to get our.
          & nbsp; Seeing Starfire well Robin cried out to her, his voice full of relief. "Star you're okay."
Raven found herself crying out too, "Beast Boy!" She blushed slightly at this outburst but followed Robin without hesitation to the captured Titans.
          & nbsp; When they arrived Robin couldn't contain his anger. "What do you want with them? I'll do whatever you want just let her, uh, them go!"
He felt the Slade robots laughing at him yet they made to noise. Robin continued to glare at them waiting for a response. "It's simple really, the same thing I've always wanted, you. But it looks as if I can't have that till I take care of some things, distractions you could call them. I've been observing your team for a long time now; I know more about many of them than you do now, Robin, one in particular. I see that you and your team would do just about anything for each other, even die. But there is one of you that is particularly interesting, one that had the power to defeat all of you without even trying. One whose secrets you've been hiding from your so called friends. Will you tell them or shall I?" Robin refused to answer the man he despised though he knew exactly what he was talking about and so did Raven, though she focused hard not to do anything rash as well. "Yes Robin, I've seen you protect her, the team from her." By now most of the team knew who he was speaking of. "Stopping others from entering, or going near, her room knowing if they knew the truth all the trust in her, or in you, would be lost. I know how much she tries to suppress her emotions, and more than you, how hard the ones those who call themselves her friends make it for her. Even you don't realize who she is, where she's from do you? Even you don't realize exactly what she is."
"Stop!" Raven could no longer confine herself, "Azarath Metrion Zinthos!" Raven's powers found and destroyed the speaker. Happy with her accuracy she didn't realize till then she was so angered by Slade's words she had let her powers roam freely, not only pulling the shield off her and Robin but also allowing them to play freely over her head as they wished. Calling them back into herself she tried to recreate the shield that guarded the two of them from the magical nets, but Slade took her outburst as his advantage and fired a series of nets at the two of them.
Angered she had let him get an advantage over her Raven refused to give up the fight, whether or not she had to win it alone. Gaining control over her powers she made a portal and stepped through the net, creating a shield around herself in the process.
"It will take more than one girl to stop me." Slade taunted her, "Or at least more than one girl is willing to release, even to save her friends."
Blinded by her anger Raven avoided the obvious, later she would question herself as to why she did not just make a portal in all the nets rather than just her own, and attacked three of the Slade robots, crushing them beneath large chunks of pavement she had torn from the ground. The robots activated the lazars and rather than point them at Raven, who had a shield around herself anyways, they were pointed at the four captured Titans. Afraid her shield would not make it around all of them in time, and being enveloped by her emotions all fighting each other, all striving to take a different approach, she could no longer ignore them, she had to let them out. Her telekinetic powers spread over the heads of the taunting, threatening, enemy, like a black cloud filled with deadly lightning, and angry thunder. But rather than nervous Slade looked pleased. Why?
She could no longer stop them even if she wanted to. Her emotions had taken over her; her anger had taken over her powers. The black cloud swirled throughout the army, tearing robots to pieces, causing huge explosions. She was no longer Raven, her eyes glowed red rather than white, anger had beat out all her other emotions and she had no control over Raven had no control over her.
It wasn't long before Slade's army was only a mass of lively cords and metal plates, but the Titans had no time to celebrate. Raven still could not control what was going on inside of her but she tried desperately now more than ever.
Her anger was not through with its destruction. It searched out the nearest living thing and had found an innocent young boy who had wondered a little to close to the fascinating battle seen. "No!" She yelled to herself, yelled to her anger, her father. "Don't hurt him! Come back to me!"
Raven could hear her friends calling out to her, could hear the spectators screaming. One word every one of them had used to describe her stuck to her though, a word that returned her mind to the horrible day she arrived on this planet called earth. Every one of them was yelling at her, spitting at her, calling her the word she dreaded most, calling her a witch. "No! I'm no witch! I'm not a witch!" She was not only trying to convince the onlookers but also herself, also her friends.
Trying to ignore there calls she made herself focus. The little boy was on his knees, crying out in pain. A woman, his mother, held him in her arms hugging him fiercely; Raven's anger had covered her in the torturing black glow as well. Raven knew that it would be easy for her powers to end either of the two's lives in a second but it held onto them, torturing the innocent pair for the pleasure of the dying cries.
Raven refused to watch, continued to call her powers back into her with little success. Focusing more on her surroundings now, she had gained a small amount of control back, she heard two voices above all the others. One was Beast Boy, afraid yet encouraging. Knowing he believed in her, knowing he didn't hate her rose another emotion to battle with anger, giving her enough control to distinguish what Robin was saying.
"You can do it Raven! Don't let him control you! Relax, fight him back. This isn't what you want to happen, is it? Make her obey you!"
She feed Robin and Beast Boy encouragement to the rest of her emotions demanding them to take control, forcing her anger down. With a scream of pain she fell to her knees. "No! I will not allow you to control me!" With a final scream pain bursting through her body she drew her powers of the boy and called them back to her one final time.
 
Finally her powers chose to listen to her; they began to flood back into her body. But at the same time her emotions continued to fight for control over her, the control she refused them. Her cape began to flash different colors, all the colors of the capes her different emotions wore. First red, anger; then green, bravery; then gray, timid; then yellow, intelligence; then pink, happy; then orange, lazy; then brown, secretive; and finally purple, love. She collapsed to the ground as her cape returned to its original royal blue, and she fainted.
 
A/N: That's it. I really hope you liked it. And remember, if you review, constructive criticism is always appreciated and taken into consideration. I'll update as soon as I know there's more than one person reading. Thanks!