Fan Fiction ❯ Season 3: The Secrets Behind The Fire ❯ THE NECKALCE RETURNS!!!!!! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Heeeeey Everybody!!! I'm new here so, yeah. I've been reading fanfics from this website about Avatar, and I thought it would be cool if I wrote one of my own. AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER IS MY FAVORITE SHOW EVER!!!!! (Pleeeeeease don't flame me, IT'S TOO MUCH PRESSURE!!!) But DO tell me if it rocks, sucks ass, or is anywhere in between. Thanks! Okay, here we go!
Disclamation: Avatar& related characters and trademarks are not mine, but wouldn't it be cool if they were!!!
 
In the shadows, a young ship thief hid in the sewer pipe of a Fire Nation's ship. She was fifteen, barely, and was slowly feeling her way along the pipe's cold, slimy walls until she found a hatch, she pulled back her shoulder-length jet-black hair and put her ear up to the roof of the pipe. There was complete silence on deck, it must be nighttime. She slowly turned the hatch, making sure it wouldn't squeak. It led into a long, empty corridor lit by a dim glow of candelfire. She ran down the hall, and then up the stairs to the deck. The moon was full, round and yellow and cast a beautiful yellow glitter on the black ocean waters, the girl was almost hypnotized by it, until she realized there was no time to admire the scenery. She untied the longboat from the ship and got inside, slowly lowering herself down lowering the rope on the pulley that hung from the edge of the boat. It dropped into the water, and as quietly as she could, rowed away from the ship until it was out of sight. She opened the pack hanging from her back (NOT a backpack, it was about the same size as Sokka's boomerang sheath) and pulled out the prize she had uncovered: a beautiful Water Tribe necklace hanging from a navy-blue strip of fabric. It had to have been worth something for an Exiled Prince to have kept so heavily guarded in his possession. She followed the moon's glow, until dawn rose over the ocean's horizon.
 
 
Meanwhile, Aang was feeling crummy. How was he supposed to find a skilled Earth Bender when there were millions out there? He sat on Aapa's head, driving with a very depressed look on his face. Sokka sat next to him. “What's up? You look like really down.”
“Nothing, I was just thinking.” Aang answered in a small voice.
“'Kay.” Sokka moved over and sat next to Katara, who was watching the skies with a dreamy expression. Sokka interrupted her trance. “I think Aang could you some company, why don't you go talk to him?” He whispered, making sure Aang couldn't hear.
Katara sat next to Aang. “What's wrong?”
Aang lowered his head. “I was just thinking about something, how we're going to find the right Earth Bender when there are thousands out there, millions, actually.”
“We'll find one Aang, don't worry.” She smiled at him. Aang smiled back. Katara always made him feel better when she had high hopes. Sokka dug through a bag while sitting on Aapa's saddle. A minute later he gave up. “Hey, who ate all the leechy nuts?” He glared at Momo, who just chirred happily, with a smug look on his face. “Momo, I blame you. That was the last of our food.”
Katara smiled. Good old Sokka. “Don't get upset, Sokka, there's a market down there, see it?” Sokka leaned over Aapa's saddle. Sure enough, Katara was right. He smiled. “Well, let's go, on the way from our last stop, I found a few copper pieces on the ground.
Aang steered the giant flying bison down to the market. They landed in the clearing of a large forest, and thought he trees, they could see the market. Aang jumped off, and Katara followed. But Sokka stood by Aapa for a second. Something was making a rustling in the trees, but what? He stood in front of the edge of the forest. What was it? All of a sudden a girl ran through and out of the forest, and slammed into poor Sokka, who was completely dumbstruck. They both fell to the ground, unconscious.
When Sokka woke up to Aang and Katara hovering over him and the girl that had knocked him down. She jumped up to her feet apparently very surprised.
“Oh my God, I should have been watching where I was going!” She offered Sokka her hand, and he hesitated for a second, but took it. She pulled him up to the ground.
“If you don't mind me asking, where were you going in such a hurry anyway?” Sokka asked, rubbing the back of his neck, which was sore from the way he hit the ground.
The girl suddenly scowled for a second, then gave him a nervous look. “I was uh, well, I-I was going to the market.” She looked at the others. “Who are you guys anyway?”
Aang was first to answer. “My name's Aang.” He gave her his goofy innocent smile.
The girl looked at the Air Bender with a raised eyebrow. “Why are you so smiley?-Wait a minute, Air nomad tattoos, the clothes, that goofy smile… You're the Avatar, aren't you?” She was wide-eyed.
Aang sulkily nodded, “Yeah, go ahead, with the `it's such an honor to meet you part.'”
The girl looked at him like he was crazy. “You don't understand, Prince Zuko's after me, you need to get out of here, NOW! He could hit shore any minute.” She paced the ground. “This is not good.” Katara was interested “Why would he be after you, and what's your name anyway?”
The girl pulled out the necklace, and Katara gasped. “I took this, I was going to sell it at the market, and if you must know, my name's Gangi.” She held out the necklace for only two seconds before Katara grabbed it. “This is mine!”
Gangi was surprised. “It is? Why would it be n Zuko's ship?” She asked.
Katara sighed. “It's a long story. Well, anyway, I can't wear it right now, the fabric's torn. You can hold on to it for right now.” She put the necklace back in Gangi's hands. She gazed at the Water Tribe necklace. “You must be a Water Bender?”
Katara nodded. Gangi turned her head to Sokka. “You must be her brother; you two sure do look related.
Sokka smiled. “Yep, I'm her OLDER brother, I'm a warrior.” He tried his best to look all important. Gangi smiled sweetly. “That's cool.” She put the necklace back in her pack. Aang wasn't too happy about Gangi holding her necklace. This girl was a ship thief! She couldn't be trusted. He listened to himself think… He sounded like Sokka! Was Sokka's personality rubbing off on him, or was he just jealous because Katara wasn't paying attention to him? He thought of what Gangi said before.
“Um, hello, are we forgetting something?” He asked.
“Oh, yeah, Zuko”. You might want to run for your life.”
Katara got on top of Aapa. “Do you want to run with us?” Gangi smiled and nodded. Now Aang was getting pissed off. As for Sokka, he didn't know what to think. Gangi was, beautiful. She had straight jet-black hair that came down just an inch above her shoulders. Her eyes where bright amber, and what puzzled him most about her was her clothes. She wore a long-sleeved black jumpsuit with a red trimming. It wrapped around like his. Her waste was wrapped with a red cloth several times and tied at the back in a neat knot. Her legs and arms where also wrapped with a red cloth, like his. She wore the same gloves he did, except in a black color and wore a pack on her back, it was like a small black bag attached to strap around her shoulder. What he liked most about her was a pink barrette she wore behind her ear, made from mother of pearl, carved in the shape of a lotus. Wait, he liked something about her? He barely met her! 2b continued….
 
Whew!!! Sorry it's so long. Once again, PLEASE don't flame me, this is my first time here, IT'S TOO MUCH PRESSURE!!!! Thanks for reading!