Fan Fiction ❯ Season 3: The Secrets Behind The Fire ❯ Kataaaaaarrrrraaaaa!!!!!! ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Okay, it's time for….CHAPTER 2!!!!! YAAAAAY!!! WHEW, YEAH!!!! Hope it's not as bad as chapter 1 was, sorry for the lousy chapter anyway. If you could pleeeeeese review it, I would be very happy. ^-^
Disclaimer: I don't own Avatar or nothin'; it appears Nick isn't going to give it up.
**~*~ Chapter 2 ~*~**
 
Gangi sat cross-legged on Aapa's saddle, calm in the state of things, until her calmness was broken when Momo came almost out of nowhere. He climbed up Gangi's arm and sat on her shoulder, as if inspecting her. Gangi went wild.
“OH MY GOSH!” she exclaimed, “HE IS SOOOOO CUTE!” She hugged the little lemur and let him ride in her pack.
Sokka crossed his arms.
“Yeah, Momo's adorable.” He said sarcastically.
Everyone was silent for a moment; the silence followed the sound of marching.
“That's him, I bet.” Gangi stated.
“Yip yip Aapa!!!” Aang hollered to his bison.
“Yip yip?” questioned Gangi, raising her eyebrow, “what's that supposed to MEA-
Aapa charged through the forest, Aang steering violently, Sokka holding on for dear life, and Katara and Gangi keeping watch from behind.
Zuko and his crew had landed on the beach of the small country of Xio Yoko. (I don't know a whole lot of Japanese, so don't flame me if the names I come up with make no sense) He and the crew traveled into the forest, with Zuko in the lead and his Uncle Iroh and crew not far behind. Zuko held a piece of red cloth in his hand, he looked at it blankly as it thrashed in the wind, trying desperately to follow it.
“Who could this thief possibly be?” He wondered.
Aang tugged on Aapa's reigns, forcing the flying bison to halt forcefully. Katara was stupefied.
“Why'd you stop?!” She cried, getting ready to strangle Aang for almost throwing her off.
Aang just stared. “We have a problem.” He whispered.
They had stopped in front a huge ditch in the middle of the forest.
“Can't-fly . . . we'd-be seen…” Sokka gasped. He was exhausted from holding on so tightly to Aapa's saddle. Gangi looked at him like he was crazy.
“FLY?! Aapa can't fly, can he?”
Katara nodded. “Yes, but not now. Sokka's right, we'd be seen, the ditch is too big.”
Gangi bit her knuckle nervously, then she turned her head to a tree at the end of the ditch.
It was long enough…
She ran to the tree, unsheathed her blades, and started hacking away at the tree. Now Sokka gave her the look that said, “Areyouinsane?”
“It'll take forever to cut the tree down with those!” He yelled to her.
“Maybe,” she grunted, not taking her attention off the tree, “But with Aang's air bending, I'm sure it will fall down…Aang?”
Aang jumped down from Aapa's head and walked over to the tree.
“Hit it here,” Gangi instructed, pointing to the center of the tree. “As hard as you possibly can…three times should do it.”
Aang stood about ten feet from the tree, and aimed three powerful gusts of wind at the tree. A moment or two, and it fell across the ditch, barely catching the opposite edge.
“Everyone across! Aapa, hide!” Gangi ordered. Aapa obeyed, and everyone got across the ditch and pushed the fell tree back into it before Zuko could arrive.
They sprinted through the forest for a while but Sokka halted everyone, he looked a little annoyed.
“Wait, do we even know where we're going?”
Katara was about to argue, but she knew brother was right.
“Let's get in a tree.” Aang suggested. Everyone agreed it was a good idea.
As they got in a tree, they heard Zuko's voice.
“Search the ground!” He commanded. The crew scattered through the forest, while Zuko scanned the trees. As he drew nearer, Sokka noticed Gangi was starting to sweat with anticipation. He had to say something.
“It'll be okay,” he whispered to her. Zuko turned his attention to the tree. When Sokka realized what he'd done, he clamped his hand over his mouth.
Zuko was about to leave, but just as he was turning around, Momo popped out of Gangi's pack, alarmed from accidentally taking a bite of Gangi's spiced jerky. To a human, it might have been a pleasant snack, but to a little lemur like him, it was overwhelming.
Gangi tried to settle him down, but it was too late.
“I KNEW you where around here!” Zuko shouted. He flamed the tree, and though no one was hurt, Katara lost her balance and fell out of it, landing with a thud on the ground.
Before she had time to get up and run, two of Zuko's firebenders grabbed her by her arms and held her. Zuko came up to her, smiling menacingly.
“Well,” he said softly, lifting Katara's chin with his finger, “If I can't have the Avatar, maybe I can steal his precious girlfriend, for the moment…”
Katara's eyes were full of hate.
“I am NOT his girl.” She said gravely. Zuko just smiled even more.
Katara was dragged off by the guards…