Fan Fiction ❯ Sin Fate Envy ❯ What Is Happening ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

When they made it back home, Sin came face to face with someone who she thought she would never have to see ever again. She was looking better then expected, but still looked like she needed a lot of sleep, and needed to stay outside for a few days. Jean, the Jean she was just talking about, the one that almost had her killed, was standing on the top step talking with Mrs. Nell, the old lady that owned the house with her husband. Fate was sitting on the bottom step looking up at Sin with knowing eyes as she came to a stop looking up at Jean and Mrs. Nell unbelievingly.
 
“You brought me back here so I could see this?” Sin asked in a low whisper as she crouched down in front of Fate.
 
“Mrs. Nell wanted you to come home to show her there are no hard feelings.” Fate said equally quiet.
 
“No hard feelings?!” Sin hissed, so she didn't yell it. “She hired half the football team to beat me up and put a knife in my arm. Come on Fate you saw what they did to me!”
 
“Yes I know, and she's terrified of you.” Fate said as Mrs. Nell led Jean down the steps.
 
“Sin, you remember Jean.” Mrs. Nell said, her look clearly telling her to be nice.
 
“Yes.” Sin said in the most civil tone she could muster at the moment, which came out as forced as it use to when she was fake, but to everyone else it must have sounded like a silver bell because Mrs. Nell smiled both approvingly and shocked, and Fate and Envy's jaws dropped for a moment. “Hi Jean.”
 
“And you thought she would be mad…” Mrs. Nell said with a warm smile directed to Jean. “Sin why don't you take Jean for a walk, show her where everything is.”
 
“Yes Mrs. Nell.” Sin said as she looked at her friends as they retreated in the house when Mrs. Nell motioned them both inside with her head. Sin then looked at Jean who looked like she rather go inside and hide, she must have known that Sin was putting on an act, and said, still acting as fake as she could for Mrs. Nell, “Come on Jean, I'll show you around.”
 
“Ok…” Jean said as she walked down the steps and smiled timidly back at Mrs. Nell.
 
Once Mrs. Nell shut the door Sin said, “Then we can ignore each other for the rest of our stay”. Then Sin started walking and Jean stood a few steps behind her.
 
After a while Sin looked back at Jean and said, “Would you stand next to me you're not a lower species.”
 
“Excuse me for not wanting to die.” Jean said bitterly as she moved beside Sin, but still was off to the side a little.
 
“I got my revenge from you.” Sin said as she stopped and grinned devilishly at the girl. “From what I heard you had a wonderfully miserable life after I left.”
 
“I did.” Jean bit out glaring at Sin. “Because of you my mother killed herself and my father started the drugs I had just got off of and was found an unfit parent.”
 
“No.” Sin said shaking her head calmly.
 
“What do you mean no, it really happened!” Jean hissed as she glared at Sin.
 
“Oh not that, I have not doubt that your telling the truth about your parents. I mean no it wasn't my fault.” Sin said as she walked up to Jean so she pressed herself up against the wall. “I didn't tell you to slit your wrists, I didn't tell you to take drugs. I did nothing,” Sin back off a bit, but didn't make it far enough that Jean could bolt for it, “but send a simple letter, to two totally different people, one to you, which you didn't have to take seriously, and one to Chrissie, I never told her to tell every one you were bi, I just mentioned it and said “imagine what could happen if everyone knew…if you do tell, which you don't have to, tell me what happens” that it.”
 
“B-but.” Jean stuttered, but Sin put a finger to her lips.
 
“No “buts” you did that all that on you own. I told you to do nothing. In fact I said thank you for everything you did. I just said that I would get you back.” Sin said dropping her hand to her side. “You saved me time but doing it yourself. You had somebody beat me up, you beat yourself up, you turned on me when I needed a friend, and every last friend you had turned on you, and last but not least because you I killed someone, and because you your mother killed herself.”
 
“It's still your fault!” Jean yelled at her when she started walking away.
 
“Actually the only thing that all those have in common is you.” Sin said as she walked up to Angelus, “but whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night.”
 
“This is all wrong!” Jean yelled as she walked up to them. “You have a perfect life now? Friends, family, and a boyfriend?!”
 
“No I have friends, and family, I don't like him at all actually.” Sin said motioning to Angelus. “But none the less I do consider Angelus a friend. That and his presence will make this trip a little better if he wants to come.”
 
“Yeah I'll come and make sure no one dies on this trip.” Angelus said with a shrug as he looked between the two girls.
 
 
Now Sin was by no means happy about Jeans arrival, but she wasn't going to cause the girl harm, unless Jean caused her harm first. Sin did have a painful feeling that she was going to be taking Angelus up on his offer again sooner the she would have liked, but at the moment that couldn't be helped. She also had another feeling, but it was anything but painful, that she and Angelus were going to be close.
 
 
The walk was silent except when Sin told Jean where the bus stop was, and where the malt shop that Mr. Nell owned. No one was willing to try and talk to the other. Not even Angelus, the air was so thick they probably felt like they couldn't breathe.
 
Angelus kept a close eye on Sin, just to make sure she was ok, and for his own reasons, she was rather attractive, and he somewhat liked her. Sin was just intent on walking for a good amount of time before turning back. Jean was quiet, and angry that Sin could pin everything that had happened on her.
 
“See ya tomorrow Angelus.” Sin said as she walked up the steps behind Jean who practically ran up them.
 
“Yeah, see you tomorrow.” Angelus said waving slightly before he walked off.
 
“Sin!” Leo cheered as he ran up to her and hugged her when she walked through the door. “Are you ok?”
 
Sin kneeled down and hugged him, “I'm ok Leo.”
 
“Good!” Leo said with a grin, and hugged her again.
 
When he did Sin glared at Jean, clearly telling her not to bother Leo. Once they leaned back from each other Sin smiled and said, “Why don't you go play, I'm going to go talk with Fate and Envy, you know boring big girl stuff.”
 
“Ok Sin.” Leo said giving her another big hug before running out back.
 
“Stay away from Leo.” Sin said to Jean in a dangerous, “there's no room for argument” tone before she walked up stairs.
 
~
Sin woke up about an hour before anyone would be hitting the snooze button. She just couldn't sleep anymore. Before she had a room to herself now she shared one with Jean. The fact that some one was in the room with her didn't bother her, the fact that Jean was who she was sharing with did.
 
She had a few choices, she could go sleep on the floor in Envy and Fate's room, she could go sleep on the couch, go cuddle up with Leo, he loved sleeping with a big breathing teddy as he put it, or she could wake up get dressed watch some T.V. and eat a bowl of cereal.
 
“Up it is.” Sin said to herself as she got up. After getting into her uniform Sin walked down stairs and into the kitchen. The house was a good size, but then again it would have to be to house four teenaged girls, three little boys.
 
“Hi Sin.” Mr. Nell said from behind his mug of coffee.
 
“Mr. Nell, what are you doing up this early?” Sin asked as she got out some milk and a bowl.
 
“I'm always up at this hour.” He said with a warm welcoming smile as Sin sat down with her cereal. “But you shouldn't even be yelling at Fate to hit the snooze botton.”
 
“Couldn't sleep…” Sin said after swallowing a bite of cereal.
 
“Don't tell me you're afraid of Jean.” Mr. Nell said shaking his head at the idea.
 
“No…quite the opposite with us, but I just don't…need anymore reasons to cry my heart out…to Angelus.” Sin said in-between bites of cereal.
 
“Angelus?” Mr. Nell asked with a knowing grin before he took a gulp of coffee.
 
“It's ridicules, I don't even like the guy, but he ends up having me spill my past to him.” Sin grumbled.
 
“It's a gift.” Mr. Nell said with a nod. “You need someone with that kind of gift.”
 
“But I'm trying to stay away from Punk's.” Sin said drinking some of the milk from the bowl.
 
“Now I'm not telling you to go back, but sometimes you just have to do what you think you should.” Mr. Nell said as Sin finished up her bowl of cereal. “Listen to your heart Sin.”
 
“It's been a long, long time since I've heard that.” Sin said putting the bowl and spoon in the sink. “It's usually just my head or my gut.”
 
“Some people have forgotten that organ; the heart's an easy thing to jump over.” Mr. Nell said patting the spot over his heart. “You remember it though.”
 
Sin copied the action and said, “I'll remember my heart don't worry about that.”
 
“Good to know.” Mr. Nell said with a nod. “Also there's a favor that my wife wanted me to ask of you. She figured that you'd listen better to me.”
 
“Go on.” Sin said sitting back down with a small grin and a nod of her head.
 
“She wants you to get along with Jean.” Mr. Nell said looking Sin square in the eye. “Now I'm going to add my two cents to this, and I want you to listen good. I know you aren't going to be all friendly like with her, but be civil. Jean has had a hard time too, just keep your head, if need be crash on the couch, or switch with Envy, she doesn't even know the girl, I know you like to protect your friends from thing's you've lived through, but Envy's a tough little girl I'm sure she could share a room with Jean.”
 
“Ok, I can do that, but I'll keep my room for right now.” Sin said with a nod.
 
“Good.” Mr. Nell said with a nod. “Like Lindsey said “I don't need the teenagers in my house to declare war.” If you do she also said that I'll be sleeping on the couch; that leaves you the floor Sin.”
 
“Mrs. Nell has nothing to worry about.” Sin said with a smile. “War is for school groups, and gangs, that's all punk territory. All I need is popcorn, because for once I'm not in the war.”
 
“Good to hear, good to hear.” Mr. Nell said standing up. “Well I'm heading for the malt shop. Come by after school. You remember where it is right?”
 
“It's the one with a five foot milkshake out front.” Sin said with a warm smile.
 
“It's going to be chocolate today.” Mr. Nell laughed.
 
“Mmm…the odds I could get one of the real ones for free?”
 
“If you promise to tire out Leo, Josh, Leaf; sure.”
 
“Good one for me, Fate, and Envy.” Sin said with a smile as she followed him to the door.
 
“Tell them if they agree to this they can have one for free too.” Mr. Nell said before heading out the door.